Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sep 21st

South Park 3-1 Cobham

Sloppy first half from both sides, giving the ball away far too much, but both teams had chances Park found Jurgs too good in the Cobham goal, but Cobham took one of there's when there winger was given time and space to pick his pass and he did and found the Cobham's 10 in space to head home from close range. Harsh words and half time and Park eqaulized early on in the 2nd half, there was only going to one winner from then on, but a mixture of poor finishing and more good saves from Mr Jurgs kept the game level until 15 minutes from time when Park got the breakthru and added a late penalty to progress in the cup.

Pretty spot on there Molly. Individual errors were at fault for all 3 goals which as a side we weren't happy with, but you created plenty in the second half so can't complain too much I suppose (at least I was kept busy!!).

Felt the ref got it wrong with the pen, as although your player was caught both he and more importantly, the ball, were both off the field of play at the time. Just wish the assistants would do their jobs properly at times and help the man in the middle out!

Hope your lad who was carried off wasn't too bad, although we were told he had gone to hospital so best wishes to him.

Couple of things GF

Only supporting 1 club now I see ;)

When did you ever think I was good :)

Trouble with being a parent fan - you tend to move on with the player. Think I'll just take up following a local side - know any good ones laugh.gif

True, memory does play tricks at my age but do recall you being one of the better ones in the days when I had to mark you out of 10. Even gave you a 6 one game - we must have won wink.gif

Jurgie most refs instructions involving penalties will only ask the assistant to aid in deciding if it is a penalty. If the ref is already giving it you will not have an assistant flagging to overrule him.

You gave me a 6. I always wondered where my highest ever mark came from. It still beats most of my marks these days too ;)

Jurgie most refs instructions involving penalties will only ask the assistant to aid in deciding if it is a penalty. If the ref is already giving it you will not have an assistant flagging to overrule him.

You gave me a 6. I always wondered where my highest ever mark came from. It still beats most of my marks these days too ;)

Sorry a misunderstanding, I was on about the assistant helping him out by signalling the ball had actually gone out of play before the tackle was made (if the ball was in play then it was a pen as the attacker was caught). The ref was probably level with the pen spot whilst the assistant was looking directly along the touchline but the ref decided that the ball hadn't gone out, whereas the assistant was far better placed to make that judgement for him as it was very close.

We still would have lost 2-1 but just wish they would help each other out at times as it is frustrating.

In response to Smudges report on the Cove v Epsom match, the ref was awful !

He was giving decisions he couldnt possibly see like handballs when he was round the wrong side of the player. Fouls that never were fouls, and then told me i wasnt allowed to speak to him anymore. I never swore at him once as this is something i never ever do but i did complain many times when he was guessing some of his decisions. The goal that crossed the line was given by the linesman. I was too far back so cant comment.

After the match Smudge pointed out an interesting fact in the matchday programme................

The referee was from Epsom! How the feck can a referee that lives in Epsom referee an Epsom game??

LUDICROUS!!

He was giving decisions he couldnt possibly see like handballs when he was round the wrong side of the player. Fouls that never were fouls, and then told me i wasnt allowed to speak to him anymore. I never swore at him once as this is something i never ever do but i did complain many times when he was guessing some of his decisions. The goal that crossed the line was given by the linesman. I was too far back so cant comment.

After the match Smudge pointed out an interesting fact in the matchday programme................

The referee was from Epsom! How the feck can a referee that lives in Epsom referee an Epsom game??

LUDICROUS!!

Surely it shouldnt matter where a ref is from they are meant to be impartial and do the job the same way no matter what?

I don't understand refs that wont allow you to talk to them in a non aggressive way the best ones are always the ones that will give you the time of day and explain as to why they given a decision!

LUDICROUS!!

Surely it shouldnt matter where a ref is from they are meant to be impartial and do the job the same way no matter what?

I don't understand refs that wont allow you to talk to them in a non aggressive way the best ones are always the ones that will give you the time of day and explain as to why they given a decision!

HI DT10 READ YOU LOST 3-0 AS FIZZER SAYS A BAD START OR WERE MOLESEY A GOOD TEAM ? DID YOU PLAY? ALTHO' I WAS GOING TO COME AND WATCH BUT DECIDED TO GO TO SEE COVE & EE. NOT A BAD GAME SOME DECENT FOOTBALL - EE SUPPORTER SEE YOU'VE FINALLY WON AWAY FROM HOME !

Thanks Green Fingers, Smudge and of course our beloved Kroonzinator (I look forward to our fire-side chat).  No fast tracking for me: I'm just enjoying learning from those in the middle at the moment on CCFL (both good and bad).  Would love to be doing some middles but I'm not 'old' enough yet in refereeing terms...  Biding my time!

I never have a problem with players talking to me: How else would they get the opportunity to congratulate me for my millimetre-perfect offside decisions?  Would be terrible to deny them that.

DT10.

If during a match the ref was seeming to give everything against you, and then you discover he was living in the same town as the opposition, how would you feel. Surely it cant be too difficult to appoint a referee who lives in a different locality?

I know referees are supposed to be impartial but they are only human.

I'm sure Krooner would not be allowed to ref a Camberley 1st team fixture?? Why not if the refs are impartial?

DT10.

If during a match the ref was seeming to give everything against you, and then you discover he was living in the same town as the opposition, how would you feel. Surely it cant be too difficult to appoint a referee who lives in a different locality?

I know referees are supposed to be impartial but they are only human.

I'm sure Krooner would not be allowed to ref a Camberley 1st team fixture?? Why not if the refs are impartial?

That's different though: Referees declare whether they have associations with _teams_ rather than localities.  I live in Farnham so does that mean I shouldn't officiate at Farnham Town?  Even if I'm not a fan?  What about Guildford?  I mean, it's just up the road and I do a lot of going out and shopping there....

LUDICROUS!!

HI DT10 READ YOU LOST 3-0 AS FIZZER SAYS A BAD START OR WERE MOLESEY A GOOD TEAM ? DID YOU PLAY? ALTHO' I WAS GOING TO COME AND WATCH BUT DECIDED TO GO TO SEE COVE & EE. NOT A BAD GAME SOME DECENT FOOTBALL - EE SUPPORTER SEE YOU'VE FINALLY WON AWAY FROM HOME !

Hi Niceguy

Yes Molesey are a good side and came out firing last night and we didn't deal with it and got what we deserved sometimes you have to take it on the chin!! I came on for about 25 mins at the end and am feeling a lot sharper now.

So what is your take on the CCL so far this season?

Ok Mews,

lets pretend you're a footballer in a county cup final and you are playing for Farnham against Camberley.......

you look in the programme and you see that the ref and both linesman are all from Camberley!!

The ref and linesman begin to give decisions to Camberley that you are certain should not be given.

What would now be going thru your mind??

It wouldnt happen at the highest level so why at our level??

I declare my associations on my forms for the season. The year that Bedfont Green won the league I was appointed to do the line when they played Camberley at home. It was a big game as BG were 1st and Cambo 2nd. The game finished 1-0 to BG and all 3 of us were congratulated on being the best 3 officials that BG had that season. Nothing to do with the result !!!

I have also been in the middle for several Camberley reserve matches in the Suburban League and also 4 or 5 times on the line since Camberley returned to the CCL. Never had any problems or been accused of anything even though some of the players from the oppo knew me. In saying that I wouldnt want to do a local derby involving Camberley becasue you know something would happen.

You dont have many bad games Krooner as nor do i. grin.gif

But.......

if Bedfont Green had lost, and some mighty close decisions went against them that you had given, what do you think they would have said or been thinking??

I just think its best to either keep things totally neutral or dont print where the officials are from! Its got to be safer that way!

There is serious corruption in sport these days so to avoid any problems its always best to steer clear of possible accusations!

I'm sure whoever appointed the referee last night must have thought to himself 'probably shouldnt let this referee take this match, but what the hell, i'll do it anyway'!

Wolfman - As I never saw them before they lost their managers I cannot comment but they were a decent enough side, not great though. We gave away a very sloppy goal early on and were poor for the first 20 mins or so. After that we built slowly and dominated the first half hour of the second half. I agree from where I was it did not look like the penaly was in the box however it was certainly a foul, the centre half calling everyone a cheat and threatening to bite people's noses off was out of order. Obviously missing that took the wind out our sail's a little but I still thought there was something in it for us. The sending off killed us a little, the first one looked harsh, but I am told by everyone near it that he kicked out for the second so there can be no real complaints. The Bedfont 11 was a VERY good player in my opinion, and obviously Jay Coombes is very clever in his play, despite not really get a sniff at goal.

Daryn's old man was a Westfield legend and since he's been released by Woking it makes sense!

Edited by Henry