Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sep 21st

Kroons,

if you are ever appointed to run the line or referee a Cove v Camberley 1st team match, i would certainly make a complaint pre match to whoever.

Its not that i dont trust you as i actually rate you very highly, its just that it would be very difficult for anyone to detach themselves from the team they support or the team they are fond of. 50/50 decisions would naturally turn in to 60/40's in the favour of your favoured team.

If a referee gets hounded during a game by players or a player from only one team, do you think he is likely to show favour or give the 50/50 decisions their way?? Not likely!

If referees were robots and computerised with no conscience or feelings then it would be fine. But they are not.

They are all kents!! dance%20(2).gif I mean all human!!

You dont have many bad games Krooner as nor do i. grin.gif

But.......

if Bedfont Green had lost, and some mighty close decisions went against them that you had given, what do you think they would have said or been thinking??

I just think its best to either keep things totally neutral or dont print where the officials are from! Its got to be safer that way!

There is serious corruption in sport these days so to avoid any problems its always best to steer clear of possible accusations!

I'm sure whoever appointed the referee last night must have thought to himself 'probably shouldnt let this referee take this match, but what the hell, i'll do it anyway'!

Got to be the best way JJ. Apparently last nights ref lived in Cove for 25 years before moving to Epsom last month smile.gif

Goal highlights from last night Mole Valley SCR v Sheerwater game can be found here

More low grade cable goals on Sunday, than TRS's excellent Match of the Day efforts, but it does the job.

Unfortunately, our 2nd goal was missed - due to attending to gateman duty and letting someone in, and both our 4th and the Sheerwater penalty miss were not recorded due to other committee member duties.

Wolfman - As I never saw them before they lost their managers I cannot comment but they were a decent enough side, not great though. We gave away a very sloppy goal early on and were poor for the first 20 mins or so. After that we built slowly and dominated the first half hour of the second half. I agree from where I was it did not look like the penaly was in the box however it was certainly a foul, the centre half calling everyone a cheat and threatening to bite people's noses off was out of order. Obviously missing that took the wind out our sail's a little but I still thought there was something in it for us. The sending off killed us a little, the first one looked harsh, but I am told by everyone near it that he kicked out for the second so there can be no real complaints. The Bedfont 11 was a VERY good player in my opinion, and obviously Jay Coombes is very clever in his play, despite not really get a sniff at goal.

Daryn's old man was a Westfield legend and since he's been released by Woking it makes sense!

Sloppy goal? Our number 11 who youve stated was very good rode two challenges worked his way across probably 3 players then struck into the far corner hmm id say that was a very good goal by a very good player!!! Thought referee was poor last night ! Old coombsy yeah first game with us since management departed still very clever player you dont lose quality even when your approaching 40 lol

JJ I would refuse such an appointment as well BUT I think you will find I have had more grief from the Camberley players about being TOO FAIR in the games I have done with them involved than from the other team !

Kroons,

if you are ever appointed to run the line or referee a Cove v Camberley 1st team match, i would certainly make a complaint pre match to whoever.

Its not that i dont trust you as i actually rate you very highly, its just that it would be very difficult for anyone to detach themselves from the team they support or the team they are fond of. 50/50 decisions would naturally turn in to 60/40's in the favour of your favoured team.

If a referee gets hounded during a game by players or a player from only one team, do you think he is likely to show favour or give the 50/50 decisions their way?? Not likely!

If referees were robots and computerised with no conscience or feelings then it would be fine. But they are not.

They are all kents!! dance%20%282%29.gif I mean all human!!

Interesting point JJ.

I agree that officials shouldn't come from the same town as either of the teams unless one pulls out late and you have to get a replacement in.

I don't agree that the 50/50's would become 60/40s though. I think they'd become 40/60s in favour of the other team. You can call some refs all the names under the sun without geting booked apart from the 'c' word. Cheat. They really, really don't like that and I have to say our game is virtually free of cheating refs.

When a ref is doing his 'home' side I reckon, to prove they're not cheating or favouring their home side, they actually tend to give more to the opposition. Kroons says this is ridiculous but someone somewhere did a study on it and showed it may happen deep down in the subconcious brain so, of course, the official won't be aware they're actually over-compensating to disprove any bias.

Give me a grant of £30000 a year and a free pass to all football grounds in the country and I'll do a five year study to prove or disprove the theory.

Or just dont allow it to happen and save ourselves £30'000.

I hope you are not telling me that if on the final day of the season its Camberley versus Chertsey, Kroons is the middle man, and whoever wins gets promoted, that Krooner will not deep down inside of him hope Camberley win and thus give the 50/50's Camberleys way??

Whichever way you look at it, the middle man should not have any association at all with either team.

Wolfman - As I never saw them before they lost their managers I cannot comment but they were a decent enough side, not great though. We gave away a very sloppy goal early on and were poor for the first 20 mins or so. After that we built slowly and dominated the first half hour of the second half. I agree from where I was it did not look like the penaly was in the box however it was certainly a foul, the centre half calling everyone a cheat and threatening to bite people's noses off was out of order. Obviously missing that took the wind out our sail's a little but I still thought there was something in it for us. The sending off killed us a little, the first one looked harsh, but I am told by everyone near it that he kicked out for the second so there can be no real complaints. The Bedfont 11 was a VERY good player in my opinion, and obviously Jay Coombes is very clever in his play, despite not really get a sniff at goal.

Daryn's old man was a Westfield legend and since he's been released by Woking it makes sense!

Sloppy goal? Our number 11 who youve stated was very good rode two challenges worked his way across probably 3 players then struck into the far corner hmm id say that was a very good goal by a very good player!!! Thought referee was poor last night ! Old coombsy yeah first game with us since management departed still very clever player you dont lose quality even when your approaching 40 lol

Just because he's a very good player doesn't mean it can't be a sloppy goal. It certainly was from our point of view, as you say he rode two challenges and went across 3 more players. Someone needs to be savvy enough to stop him, by fair means or foul, I'm certain your players would have. It then took a big deflection off one of our players so yea, from our point of view, it was sloppy.

You dont have many bad games Krooner as nor do i. grin.gif

But.......

if Bedfont Green had lost, and some mighty close decisions went against them that you had given, what do you think they would have said or been thinking??

I just think its best to either keep things totally neutral or dont print where the officials are from! Its got to be safer that way!

There is serious corruption in sport these days so to avoid any problems its always best to steer clear of possible accusations!

I'm sure whoever appointed the referee last night must have thought to himself 'probably shouldnt let this referee take this match, but what the hell, i'll do it anyway'!

Got to be the best way JJ. Apparently last nights ref lived in Cove for 25 years before moving to Epsom last month smile.gif

G.F. another quality posting.

Henry fair points i guess if wed ave done that then it would be deemed sloppy i actually thought your keeper got a hand to it ? Before the slight deflection :)

Edited by newby marvel

Henry fair points i guess if wed ave done that then it would be deemed sloppy i actually thought your keeper got a hand to it ? Before the slight deflection :)

He did indeed get a hand to it, unfortunately it hit a defender on the way through and looped over him. I should know, I had a great view ;)

I see Sheerwater have lost their right back Gary Campbell formerley at Knpahill as he appears to be playing for Bracknell Town in the "Carrot Crunchers League" aka Hellenic Premier.

That is alot of goals conceeded in two games!! I suppose their game last night was against higher opposition but still alot of goals shifted! Are they looking in a bad way then?

Which team are you with Wolfman?

Oh dear sheerwater lose again 17 goals and one scored in two games, I told you all how poor this side was when i was over at staines a few weeks ago!!

will have to get my gaffer to put a 7 dayer in for the big lad and centre forward!!

I see Sheerwater have lost their right back Gary Campbell formerley at Knpahill as he appears to be playing for Bracknell Town in the "Carrot Crunchers League" aka Hellenic Premier.

That is alot of goals conceeded in two games!! I suppose their game last night was against higher opposition but still alot of goals shifted! Are they looking in a bad way then?

Which team are you with Wolfman?

Cove 1 v 2 Epsom and Ewell An entertaining first half saw The reigning Cup holders take the lead through Vito Narcisse,whether the ball crossed the line though is another matter,The Ref and his assistant were to far away to see,both outside the area,but as Epsom did not seem to contest it vehemently,I think this made him go with the Cove appeals.Epsom replied through Mark Jarman to level the scores.What turned out to be the winning goal was scored by Tony Cuff from a free kick just outside the box,felt sorry for the Cove keeper,the ball was well struck,but he had it covered it seemed, until it hit the pitch,and then took off like a Harrier Jet vertically.The game was played at a good pace with both sides trying to play football,well contested,but fair,no bookings.The Ref. was being assessed and in my opinion did not have his best game.The highlight of the Evening was chatting to Duncs before the game.Not at all like the character he comes across on here,a True Gent he was,calm, cool,and collected,,polite and very knowledgeable.You could see his fervour for the game,and it was nice to see him involved again with a Club,he truly loves.Duncs on a tactical point,why do Cove play with only one Player up front,when they have trickery and speed in abundance,seemed strange to me.

Cheers for the kind words Smudge but your still a Knob (only joking )

Pretty fair assesment by Briggers RE last nights game. We played well first half creating a few decent clear cut chances and we were very disapointed to go in 2 goals behind. Credit to MV though thats why they are a prem side and we are finding it tough, they have the ability to turn half chances into goals. Second half they got the killer 4th early on but we still battled on, hitting the post and missing a Pen before having our skip sent off for 2 yellows (the second yellow was an appaling decish). After that it was always going to be tough with MV's quality but we kept going and we have a lot of positives to take from the game.....compared to saturdays drubbing at WP. Also the ref was dishing out yellows like they were going out of fashion, for both sides, without a single bad tackle in the game.(and not just for gob)

oh and cheers for adding the vids Briggers i was desperate to see that last goal we all thought it was offside. Still not sure not that it matters

one more thing whats the craic with warming up on the cow field in the dark??

Good luck in the next round and for the season