Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ed Milibrand

Loose,

I'm not cross about the subject, but I was born into a Catholic family.

I am no longer a Church-goer but I do believe in a 'God' or a 'Controlling Force' in the Universe. I don't believe it is Science alone that makes up the world - there is too much order, form and design for it to be random.

Anyway, I believe in rights and responsibilities for all people gay/straight/black/white/young/old/rich/poor etc. We are part of the human race, so let's work on that rather than dividing and conquering.

I don't think quoting Leviticus is seeking harmony and equality in the human race rather than dividing and conquering. We're both christians then Adam and the New Testament is more relevant than the Old.

You don't take the wrath of the Old Testament to a debate when the love of the New applies. Do you think that the christian marriage service of today was used during the times of the Old Testament? Of course not but then neither do the living arrangements or quality of life apply either. Neither does much that human intervention in the interpretation man applied to the word of God in the bible of the dark to middle ages.

It might be an idea to scrap all religious education in schools, and take faith schools into local authority control. IMO its wrong to indoctrinate impressionable youngsters with religious, or political dogma until they are intellectually mature enough to make their own judgement. There's no doubt in my mind that history is overloaded with evil men who use religion to create wars and unbelievable misery and bigotry, and perhaps the world would be a better place without it.

It might be an idea to scrap all religious education in schools, and take faith schools into local authority control. IMO its wrong to indoctrinate impressionable youngsters with religious, or political dogma until they are intellectually mature enough to make their own judgement. There's no doubt in my mind that history is overloaded with evil men who use religion to create wars and unbelievable misery and bigotry, and perhaps the world would be a better place without it.

Mixed feelings about that Alan but no doubt in my mind that your last sentence is spot on.

This might sound strange, but I am no fan of religion.

However, I worship God and am thankful to Jesus for his sacrifice at Golgotha.

If I want to talk to God, I will use his direct line through prayer. I don't want to have to go through 'management' to speak to GOD C.E.O

This might sound strange, but I am no fan of religion.

However, I worship God and am thankful to Jesus for his sacrifice at Golgotha.

If I want to talk to God, I will use his direct line through prayer. I don't want to have to go through 'management' to speak to GOD C.E.O

Any chance of giving me his mobile number Adam?

If you kneel down and pray, Alan, you'll soon get the number :)

Not sure if God's upgraded his mobile though, last I heard it resembled a brick ;)

If you kneel down and pray, Alan, you'll soon get the number :)

Not sure if God's upgraded his mobile though, last I heard it resembled a brick ;)

If there really is a god he wouldn't expect me to get down on my dodgy knees and I don't think he would be X directory. I remain unconvinced.

Thank God i'm an Atheist............

My father was a Methodist. My mother was a spiritualist. That makes me a Methylated spirit.

Back onto Mr. Millibean err Milliband (sorry, should not believe all that I read in Viz!)

No surprise that MSN are bigging him up as a future Prime Minister.

I hope that neither him nor Cameron are PM beyond 2015. David Davis I could live with as PM, but for me the only man who can save this country is Nigel Farage.

Just my opinion.

Who had the misfortune of witnessing Ed Miliband's 65 minute Labour Party Conference speech this afternoon in Manchester, absolutely laughable!:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/9582244/Ed-Miliband-highlights-of-Labour-Party-conference-speech.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19792070

The Beeb and MSN are lapping up his every word.

It's all rhetoric - him and DC will promise us the world and deliver nothing. Typical Labour/Conservative two-party policies.

That's why I'm voting UKIP.

The Beeb and MSN are lapping up his every word.

It's all rhetoric - him and DC will promise us the world and deliver nothing. Typical Labour/Conservative two-party policies.

That's why I'm voting UKIP.

Cameron and his bunch of incompetent cronies have delivered quite enough. Pension promises for millions of workers have disappeared into thin air thanks to the demise of decent final salary schemes. Have you considered yet how you will finance a decent retirement, or how much it actually costs?

Well, luckily, I am self-employed and have a pension with Standard Life as well as insurance with LV.

I save about 60% of what I get in through work, and the remaining 40% I use for day to day.

My figures were based on retiring at 55 and living 30yrs on 40k a year.............only 6yrs to go!!

Beat you by six years then :hurray2: