Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ed Milibrand

'Just maybe the people of Britain are getting fed up with the mud that the two and the press keep slinging and it could well play into UKIPs hands'

Definitely. 

Think that's a good point about Labour, Conservatives and the Lib Dems . there's just not much choice.

All the three main parties seem to be similar.

As for fracking, we're not going to meet our energy needs going forward and we're not going to be able to change over to environmentally friendly ways of producing energy overnight

We need an adult conversation about the future, one that takes into account all the environmental costs of everything involved, including wind farms. Don't think we have a lot of choice but to use the resources we've got until real environmentally friendly alternatives (not wind farms) are found.

Edited by cup of tea

Why not nuclear or hydrogen?

France has loads of nuclear power stations, and cheaper energy prices than here in the UK.

I'd also look at open-casting, except for in AONB/SSSI's.

We appear extremely arrogant at attempting to predict what the Earth will do. We've been on this planet a blink of the eye in terms of how old it is, the planet will be here still long after we've gone. All of this Green Marketing amounts to a a bol locks full of scare tactics.

I'm glad to see UKIP are campaigning big time on our estate, which ain't hardly surprising as this estate is a LibDem ward in a Tory constituency.

Every other LibDem voter around me is also p1ssed off with them since they cuddled up to 'Call-Me-Dave and Co'.  They're weak tories by any other name.

Latest UKIP pamphlet has just dropped through my door.

On the front:-

"Will you help?

*  Leave the costly, meddling EU

*  End mass immigration

*  Stop soaring energy bills

*  Cut foreign aid."

I have to answer YES to all four !!!

Edited by Big J R

I've received that leaflet as well, John.

No idea which way Gloucester will vote - we've been Lib Dem, Labour and Conservative controlled in the past 20 years.  UKIP are doing well locally, and attracting more voters from all backgrounds (even some Muslim residents are taking an active interest in what UKIP is saying - and a lot of them agree with their stance on immigration!)

No "Slut" jokes on the pamphlet JR....?

Ooh, I note they're on the Energy Prices bandwagon.

Well said loose.

The nature group of which I am the liaison officer for recently had a talk by a leading local ecologist who studied at Oxford and he knows his stuff.

If you look back in time,millions and millions of years back there is always change in the earths climate,sometimes it's very subtle, others it's very quick.Its only around 8-10'000 years ago which is no time at all,that the water level was so high we was part of mainland Europe and many animals such as caribou etc migrating through what is now the English Channel.

And as for the constant argument that destroying the amazon is somewhat harming us, that's another load of old bollox.Dont get me wrong,keeping it intact would be great but it's not nearly as harmful as some would have you believe.The northern taiga which spreads the entire width of the world,thousands of miles deep is known as the lungs of the world,accounts for around 25-30% of all the trees in the world, the amazon is probably less than 2%

• 8 months later...

I see that Ed Miliband has un-surprisingly recorded a record low poll rating, surely he has to go now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2661151/Gaffe-prone-Ed-Miliband-scores-lowest-poll-rating-worse-Nick-Clegg.html

I see that Ed Miliband has un-surprisingly recorded a record low poll rating, surely he has to go now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2661151/Gaffe-prone-Ed-Miliband-scores-lowest-poll-rating-worse-Nick-Clegg.html

As you are obviously desperate to get rid of the "Nasty Party" like all sensible people, who do you think would be the best person to replace him?

who do you think would be the best person to replace him?

Does it matter, anybody would be a vast improvement

What about Ed’s brother David, do you think he would do it, that would be a huge slap in the face for Ed wouldn’t it