Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are Hoddesdon Town FC good enough for PROMOTION?

I aint going to comment on the stuff like mud on the pitch, car parks, chairmans height, keeper toe punting the ball, the performance against Bucks etc etc 1. cos I didnt see all the games and 2. some of the stuff mentioned really is a bit silly - bore off!

My club has a car park (whey!) but you are still guaranteed to do damage to your car with all the pot holes on it - does it matter, this is a thread about Hoddesdon getting promoted.

Going back the title of the actual thread before some bitter people (that is you Wooden Spoon) started turning it sour - are Hoddesdon Town FC good enough for PROMOTION?

Judging by the results and the league position, clearly not this season. This thread has been going on for ages, predominantly due to our resident "Hoddy hater" keep mocking every result which wasn't a victory but over the period of the thread the Hoddy results have been inconsistent. In every division of the SSML consistency is the key - very few teams have the ability to be consistent throughout the whole season.

I believe Berko, Kings Langley, Padbury, Aston Clinton, Tring and Chalfont are at the top 2 in their respective leagues, the reason for this is that they are consistently good.

Hoddesdon have proven that they are capable of beating and drawing with best teams in their league - they have beaten London Lions twice (once convincingly), drawn with Berko, smashed Sun Postal Sports and drawn with them, beat London Colney, drawn with Kings Langley and in fairness have only been well beaten once - against Bradwell.

If you look at their defeats to the teams above them - they have predominantly been by just a solitary goal or two (Kings Langley, AFC Dunstable, Bedford Town Reserves, Crawley Green, Harpenden) - now dont get me wrong you dont get points for losing by only one/two goals but what it does show is that they are not a million miles away from turning those narrow defeats into draws or potentially wins. It is a very difficult league and will be just a difficult next season if the current leaders get promoted, however with a more mature team and a lot of youngsters with SSML experience under their belt they should be better off.

With regards to the previous manager, he was given a fair crack of the whip in fairness but didnt get the team back to the premier - nice to actually see a manager be given the time to do it, doesnt happen enough in this game. But can we really compare the two managers yet - not really, at least wait until the end of this season or even next - they seem to have changed the way they are playing and I know for a fact that their main striker is now back from a long term injury and hasnt been at the disposal of the manager for most of the season.

It will be interesting to see how they do in the run in, no doubt this thread will continue to be at the top of the forum, although perhaps if it isn't it may mean Hoddy are getting closer to promotion! :)

This has gotta be a record. I got 3 on the same line. Too many to reel in at the same time though.

RIGHT !

Ref Off Riff Raff........ Resorting to name calling brings me back a fair few years, right back to the playground. Well done. Done yourself proud son!

Mourinho Wannabe....... I haven't spoken about the facts, ONLY YOU! so you can stick every one of your facts! EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!! Cos i aint interersted at all ! Haven't even looked at them...Why would I...You've got nothing good to say about Hoddy.

Button Moon Mr Spoon....... At least your not talking about Car Parks, and grass on the pitch and Chairmen. But like I said, Sort out your differences.

And read what Chinola has written.:492:

Edited by Big FP

This has gotta be a record. I got 3 on the same line. Too many to reel in at the same time though.

RIGHT !

Ref Off Riff Raff........ Resorting to name calling brings me back a fair few years, right back to the playground. Well done. Done yourself proud son!

Mourinho Wannabe....... I haven't spoken about the facts, ONLY YOU! so you can stick every one of your facts! EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!! Cos i aint interersted at all ! Haven't even looked at them...Why would I...You've got nothing good to say about Hoddy.

Button Moon Mr Spoon....... At least your not talking about Car Parks, and grass on the pitch and Chairmen. But like I said, Sort out your differences.

So what playground are you in??? I think you may have started the name calling... BIGFP Speak to Jonno he knows why im $hit $tiring....dance%20(2).gif

RIGHT !

So what playground are you in??? I think you may have started the name calling... BIGFP Speak to Jonno he knows why im $hit $tiring....dance%20(2).gif

Oi Button Moon Mr Spoon................That was for Ref Off Ref. BUT ! Again you sticking your nose in. While your'e there though.....maybe i should have written.....' resorting to swearing' like F*****g P***k. You Understandy.

And whats with the large size fonts and smaller size fonts....Do you think this is a Graphic Design forum. Grow up. A man of you age should know better.

Here...Fishy Fishy..............

RIGHT !

Oi Button Moon Mr Spoon................That was for Ref Off Ref. BUT ! Again you sticking your nose in. While your'e there though.....maybe i should have written.....' resorting to swearing' like F*****g P***k. You Understandy.

And whats with the large size fonts and smaller size fonts....Do you think this is a Graphic Design forum. Grow up. A man of you age should know better.

Here...Fishy Fishy..............

:applaus:

I aint going to comment on the stuff like mud on the pitch, car parks, chairmans height, keeper toe punting the ball, the performance against Bucks etc etc 1. cos I didnt see all the games and 2. some of the stuff mentioned really is a bit silly - bore off!

My club has a car park (whey!) but you are still guaranteed to do damage to your car with all the pot holes on it - does it matter, this is a thread about Hoddesdon getting promoted.

Going back the title of the actual thread before some bitter people (that is you Wooden Spoon) started turning it sour - are Hoddesdon Town FC good enough for PROMOTION?

Judging by the results and the league position, clearly not this season. This thread has been going on for ages, predominantly due to our resident "Hoddy hater" keep mocking every result which wasn't a victory but over the period of the thread the Hoddy results have been inconsistent. In every division of the SSML consistency is the key - very few teams have the ability to be consistent throughout the whole season.

I believe Berko, Kings Langley, Padbury, Aston Clinton, Tring and Chalfont are at the top 2 in their respective leagues, the reason for this is that they are consistently good.

Hoddesdon have proven that they are capable of beating and drawing with best teams in their league - they have beaten London Lions twice (once convincingly), drawn with Berko, smashed Sun Postal Sports and drawn with them, beat London Colney, drawn with Kings Langley and in fairness have only been well beaten once - against Bradwell.

If you look at their defeats to the teams above them - they have predominantly been by just a solitary goal or two (Kings Langley, AFC Dunstable, Bedford Town Reserves, Crawley Green, Harpenden) - now dont get me wrong you dont get points for losing by only one/two goals but what it does show is that they are not a million miles away from turning those narrow defeats into draws or potentially wins. It is a very difficult league and will be just a difficult next season if the current leaders get promoted, however with a more mature team and a lot of youngsters with SSML experience under their belt they should be better off.

With regards to the previous manager, he was given a fair crack of the whip in fairness but didnt get the team back to the premier - nice to actually see a manager be given the time to do it, doesnt happen enough in this game. But can we really compare the two managers yet - not really, at least wait until the end of this season or even next - they seem to have changed the way they are playing and I know for a fact that their main striker is now back from a long term injury and hasnt been at the disposal of the manager for most of the season.

It will be interesting to see how they do in the run in, no doubt this thread will continue to be at the top of the forum, although perhaps if it isn't it may mean Hoddy are getting closer to promotion! :)

:applaus: I think you may find that their main striker is out for the season.. Heard a rumour!!

& you're taking great pleasure in that ???

Applauding Chinola`s post!! and NO im not taking pleasure in Dean being out for the rest of the season if the rumour is true. Like i said in the past i have no grudge against the players. Dean is a gentleman!!!

I will be at the Hoddy -vs- Amersham game tonight and I will see if they are good enough for the premier.

There is a big difference between being good enough for the Premier and being good enough to get there!

& you're taking great pleasure in that ???

Applauding Chinola`s post!! and NO im not taking pleasure in Dean being out for the rest of the season if the rumour is true. Like i said in the past i have no grudge against the players. Dean is a gentleman!!!

I think you might be right, I heard the same rumour.

Yeah deano is out for the rest of the season. Bitter blow but we keep plugging away. Promotion isn't going to happen this year in my opinion, so we do as well as we can between now and the start of next season.

Pier, grow up.

Ref off ref, the dressing room and showers were left in a disgusting state. Boots were banged against the Walls all over the place. Worst I've ever seen a changing room/shower room left in my life. Utterly disrespectful to the poor sod who has to clean it up. That's all.

Would everyone now please leave it alone. The answer to the original question is clearly no, not this year.

Enough.

Jonno

Your a tw4tI WAS IN THE DRESSING ROOM and i have the pictures that were taken of it dont make me post them for everyone to laugh at you

They did the same for St Mags Reserves when we played there. You say this has happened to other clubs as well? Think they tried to charge us £30 for cleaning services.

Load them on to a picture hosting site such as photobucket and then you can link them here. Or just get Jonno to put them up as he must have access to them via Jane?

Yeah deano is out for the rest of the season. Bitter blow but we keep plugging away. Promotion isn't going to happen this year in my opinion, so we do as well as we can between now and the start of next season.

Pier, grow up.

Ref off ref, the dressing room and showers were left in a disgusting state. Boots were banged against the Walls all over the place. Worst I've ever seen a changing room/shower room left in my life. Utterly disrespectful to the poor sod who has to clean it up. That's all.

Would everyone now please leave it alone. The answer to the original question is clearly no, not this year.

Enough.

Jonno

Jonno- Taking the pee!! at my age im shrinking....Last night 3-2 win against Amersham did you Field 95% of your reserves ???dance%20(2).gif