Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New club nickname

Uncle F

We need to start thinking about a nickname for Windsor FC with our first game now immanent. As with the naming of the club all suggestions are welcome and we will select a few and put them to vote.

I would like to start the ball rolling with: The Cavaliers.

We need to start thinking about a nickname for Windsor FC with our first game now immanent. As with the naming of the club all suggestions are welcome and we will select a few and put them to vote.

I would like to start the ball rolling with: The Cavaliers.

No we don't need to be thinking about nicknames, we need to be patient !

Cavaliers would look a bit silly if we were to receive Royal patronage and that ball is already rolling !.

Edited by Windsor_Sec

Nothing to say that we can't have more than one nickname. I believe I am right in thinking that Charlton Athletic have 3 - The Robins, The Addicks and The Valiants. If we are to go with an additional one once the Royal patronage is resolved, how about The Stags? We play at Stag Meadow and we do have Scotty the Stag to give 2 reasons.

AFC Totten are the Stags!! I think we need one of our own! Agree with Geggy and Windsor Sec lets wait and see if we have Royal connections again first!!

I also agree about waiting for the patronage. Every supporter I have spoken to wants us to be call The Royalists again as well as me.

If this is not the case I did put forward "The Guardsman" after the Windsor and Eton Brewery beer which could be a good link between us and them.

I like the notion of having more than one nick name, if Royal Patronage is confirmed then great we could still use, 'Royalists' but I really like like Uncle F's twist on that. 'Cavaliers' is a great alternative to, 'Royalists' - in many respects it means the same thing but is slightly less formal and provides a more creative dynamic platform which we can use to promote the club...

'Kev the Cavalier' as an additional mascot has a ring about it - THAT WAS A JOKE BY THE WAY!

I agree,stay with tradition and wait for clearence,its 'Royalists' for me!

• 6 months later...

Thought that this deserved a bump considering that recent away games have seen the programmes refer to us as "The Stags" which, as I mentioned above, is my particular favourite based on the club badge, Scotty The Stag and Stag Meadow.

As I see it, there are loads of clubs around that share nicknames so I can not see that as a problem. There are a number of clubs out there that have more than one nickname so, again, no problem.

I think I have captured the suggestions thus far and in no particular order:

Guardsmen

Barrack Boys

Stags

Cavaliers

Royalists

Parliamentarians

I would like to add another one into the hat which reflects the links that we have with Windsor & Eton Brewery

Brewers