Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Westfield F.C. v Guernsey F.C. Tuesday 20th September 7.30pm

Smudge

Ok i believe Donkey !!!!

Well done Guernsey, Didn't make the game last night in the end, and to hear there was no Rihoy or Dyer either, i wouldn't like to be the team that meet Guernsey when they finally have thier full first choice 11.

Just remember everyone come the new year and Guernsey play all but 2/3 games at home so who ever wants to beat them on Thier "Patch" will have to do so soon.

Apparently there was a streaker at the end :lol: , Who was it? NICE GUY, Smudger or Loop!?!?!?

Daniel would I honestly do such a thing?

If it was at the final whistle then i would rule you out as you would of been in the bar ;) And my Mum is the only one that calls me Daniel, i thought she had signed up for a moment!

Edited by Molly11

Guernsey are too much they would defonhad players missing due to travelling their keeper tardiff etc,give them a decent surface and they will play sorry but did people really believe Westfield will beat them?

I didn't Gilesy...Lammas, Bedfont Sports and Feltham are the only teams who will have a chance of beating them...own there on patch of course

No disrespect Guv but this comment made me chuckle. Even we beat you and that is saying something as we are pony!! If you do win beat them i'll hold my hand up and applauld but i think your in dream land with that comment.

That was some fun reading, getting through all those posts!

I have to say the majority of them regards the match are spot on, in that Guernsey were the deserved winners, but felt the scoreline was flattering in that we deserved to get on the scoresheet at least a couple of times with our play. We had the chances in the first half and should have gone in all square, but they got the second at the right time on the stroke of H/T.

IF we had pulled one back in the first 20 mins of the second, when I felt we were still on par with them, it would have been interesting to see how they would have reacted, as certainly felt they were there to be got at defensively. However going forward, they are head and shoulders above any other side in the division.

They are very good at sucking you in and hitting you on the counter attack and I'm sure all 3 second half goals came via this way.

It will take some team effort to beat them that's for sure!!!

In Allen they have a player who is playing well below his standard at this level, but that is to Guernsey's gain (unlucky for everyone else). Although he only scored 1, he had a hand in all 5 goals. Supposedly there were people from Sheffield Wednesday at the game taking a look at him!

A great crowd though and hope they all enjoyed the new facilities (I did see ARP with his dog when he handed me back a match ball he went to collect near the end of the game, but I didn't twig at the time, so apologies for not saying hello!).

That was some fun reading, getting through all those posts!

I have to say the majority of them regards the match are spot on, in that Guernsey were the deserved winners, but felt the scoreline was flattering in that we deserved to get on the scoresheet at least a couple of times with our play. We had the chances in the first half and should have gone in all square, but they got the second at the right time on the stroke of H/T.

IF we had pulled one back in the first 20 mins of the second, when I felt we were still on par with them, it would have been interesting to see how they would have reacted, as certainly felt they were there to be got at defensively. However going forward, they are head and shoulders above any other side in the division.

They are very good at sucking you in and hitting you on the counter attack and I'm sure all 3 second half goals came via this way.

It will take some team effort to beat them that's for sure!!!

In Allen they have a player who is playing well below his standard at this level, but that is to Guernsey's gain (unlucky for everyone else). Although he only scored 1, he had a hand in all 5 goals. Supposedly there were people from Sheffield Wednesday at the game taking a look at him!

A great crowd though and hope they all enjoyed the new facilities (I did see ARP with his dog when he handed me back a match ball he went to collect near the end of the game, but I didn't twig at the time, so apologies for not saying hello!).

That's the best result so far given what Smudge was warning of. Don't forget no Tardiff, Dyer or Rihoy and of course Coulter hasn't been fit to play at all this season. What a side when at full strength that will be. Even then, look at the youngsters in the squad. The future's bright, the future's green (bloody awful colour though).

Isn't green meant to be a bad luck colour...........lol !!!

I think by reading post from players who have played against Guernsey that they are the team to beat, well we all knew that anyway and reading the Guernsey Forum today it appears they feel that Guernsey were playing below thier best and could of stepped it up a couple of gears.

If that truely is the case what chance does anyone else have seeing as Westfield are supposedly a top 3 team, I have seen Guernsey at home and can confidently say they will not drop points there so where will they drop them ? Feltham, Bedfont, Lammas ? we keep saying wait til they play a decent side so are we saying Westfield aren't !

Guernsey Donkey has been knocked for being over confident in a cocky kind of way , i included in that but i can't see them losing this season home or away. This is my personal opinon of course and i was just thinking as i have not seen any CCL PREM teams play when Guernsey do go up as i'm sure they will what is the gap between the 2 leagues and will they have it there own way there ?

westfield have had a descent start to the season but are not a top three side going on past seasons theyve never been in the mix at the end of the season for as long as i can remember but they have started well this season!!

guv your setting yourself up mate!! henry loving the iq post lol even guv woulda chuckled at that!! even smudge was middle man last night peter youd make an excellent ref lol

Guernsey were well worth their win last night. Again I find it very interesting that people still think they are there to be got at defensively, but 3 goals conceded in 9 league games and 1 cup game, 10 in total, which doesn't bear this out in my opinion.

Having read some of the opinion(s) after the game that Westfield weren't worthy of their place in the top 3 (contrary to the general consensus before the game that they would be a real test for Guernsey), here is an interesting stat. If you take the average league placing of the sides teams have played to date, the average rating Westfield have played is 9th (as is the average rating of Guernsey's opponents). Befont's opponents to date average 13th, and Hartley Wintney's 12th. Befont have only played 2 sides in the top 10 (8th and 10th), as have Hartley Wintney (1st and 10th). Guernsey have played 6 of their 9 games against top 10 sides, including 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th all away.

Of course those stats are slightly misleading as the league placing are hardly settling out at such an early stage (e.g. Staines Lammas having played only 5 games), but they do tend to suggest that Guernsey have not been given an easy introduction to the fixtures, and also Westfield have had a tougher schedule so far than Hartley Wintney and Bedfont.

Guernsey were well worth their win last night. Again I find it very interesting that people still think they are there to be got at defensively, but 3 goals conceded in 9 league games and 1 cup game, 10 in total, which doesn't bear this out in my opinion.

Having read some of the opinion(s) after the game that Westfield weren't worthy of their place in the top 3 (contrary to the general consensus before the game that they would be a real test for Guernsey), here is an interesting stat. If you take the average league placing of the sides teams have played to date, the average rating Westfield have played is 9th (as is the average rating of Guernsey's opponents). Befont's opponents to date average 13th, and Hartley Wintney's 12th. Befont have only played 2 sides in the top 10 (8th and 10th), as have Hartley Wintney (1st and 10th). Guernsey have played 6 of their 9 games against top 10 sides, including 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th all away.

Of course those stats are slightly misleading as the league placing are hardly settling out at such an early stage (e.g. Staines Lammas having played only 5 games), but they do tend to suggest that Guernsey have not been given an easy introduction to the fixtures, and also Westfield have had a tougher schedule so far than Hartley Wintney and Bedfont.

The main opinion came from Guv who is clearly a bitter wee man. Anyhow this is a very interesting stat (even if I am a little concerned you have too much time on your hands!). What I would say is it is contrary to what my general feeling was, I had thought that perhaps we had had a gentle start. I guess though we have played Staines, Feltham, Eversley, and Guernsey so realistically we haven't

Newby is right, as going on past seasons we haven't been up there, but this season has seen a lot of new additions to the team/squad and the general consensus is that it's an improved side.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, we have good players, but maybe don't play as a team as well yet, but this will come in time once they have started to gel a bit more. If we can still be in the mix when this happens, then who knows.......

i was just thinking as i have not seen any CCL PREM teams play when Guernsey do go up as i'm sure they will what is the gap between the 2 leagues and will they have it there own way there ?

I think Guernsey could happily do okay in the CCLP but it won't be as easy to get out of as it's looking like in the CCL1. Only one promotion place you see and that's without any tinkering by the FA which may well happen in 2012/13 - as they want to reduce the number of Step 5 leagues to 12.