Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th October)

4-4* Hanwell Town v Hillingdon Borough (Hillingdon Borough won 5-4 on penalties) :blink:

At least we scored some goals tonite :) which we havent done in the last two games. We were never going to win the cup so it doesnt really bother me that we lost tonite we need to concentrate on staying in the Premier Division :unsure: .

Brief report on this game currently on the another Forum - but I'll leave Rhodes to post it later today (don't want to spoil his pleasure)

Tring 3-2 Ampthill

A good entreating game, but a gutter to lose it so late on.

1-0 Ampthill at half time, Jamie Bewick in Ampthill goal pulling off 2 stunning saves to keep the lead intact at the interval.

We looked comfortable, that was until a straight red saw us reduced to 10 men early in the second period.

Almost immediately Tring were level, but we re-grouped and didn't look to be in much danger.

10 minutes from time 2-1 Ampthill with only 9 players on the pitch as one was off for treatment to what looked a broken wrist.

Tring then pulled level, again Bewick made a stunning save but could do nothing with the rebound.

90th minute, we failed to clear our lines and were punished, though the goal to be honest was a peach....with 11 men who knows what would ha e happened, with 10 we just made it hard for ourselves.

Thoroughly entertaining game last night. Could have gone either way. Ampthill played some very good football and Mckenzie always looked a threat.

Will never know what would have happened had it stayed 11 v 11 but sending off was a key moment as Tring scored with a header (that the bloke who had been sent off may have cut out) virtually straight afterwards!

Ampthill to be in the shake up at the end of the season. No doubt.

Craig....at least yourself, Doog Is King and I agree that the sending off certainly didn't help our cause last night.

Take nothing away from Tring though, they looked a good outfit.

Yes Peter, that was me.... Five players on loan from a club 3 leagues above?? Bit much for me but having said that, I like Cranfield. Good club and their management are great for banter during 90 minutes and then having a chat an a hand shake in the bar afterwards. Good luck to them in the next round v Broxbourne.

I wanted to pop into the board room after the game to say hi to you but if I'd have been in the room with the ref we'd have been on a disrepute charge....

Seriously Pete, we let ourselves down tonight with the performance but the ref was absolutely diabolical. Two penalty shouts early doors, one absolutely nailed on, and he was just as bad for both sides. I think you could have helped him out on one or two occasions too.... I noticed you remained utterly silent when our gaffer asked your opinion on a number of issues throughout the game. Were you being professional or just embarrassed by your colleague?

For me, the best official tonight was female...

Anyways, nice to finally put a face to the name

and hopefully next time we cab have a chat in the bar.

Jonno

mate lets get it straight, i have no need to lie. 2 players from Bedford that play for us most weeks not bedford. The hard bit for you was we actually played 4 Cranfield boys that havent hardly started a game for us this season. Our captain didnt play either.

but good banter as usual. cant wait to come back , Harry will wear the collar up next match

Boodie,

No complaints from me Boodie, better team won, no doubt. My comments re Bedford players was Tongue in cheek and I did make a point in my first post that my comments were sour grapes.

Cranfield are a good side this year and are easily the best footballing side I've seen in Division 1.

Your comments about money are farcical however. We're the tightest club in the league and don't pay anybody apart from a small win bonus. If we don't win, we dont pay!! So nobody got paid last night. If anything, the players owe us!!

Don't mistake my posts for being ungracious in defeat. I have said before that Cranfield are a good side, good club and I wish them every success this season. Nice people too.

Jonno

Yes, a report from another’s Forum, an evening out for just £6, well £9.88 including the pies and Bovril, what more does someone want:

Hanwell Town 4 Hillingdon Borough 4 aet Hillingdon won 5-4 on penalties

Admission £6 including programme

Attendance 53 (hc)

2 hot Scotch pies from the M and S at the nearby garage , think they were £1.69 each, not sure

Bovril 50p at the ground, pretty poor and tasted of plastic

Football never ceases to amaze me.Hanwell were 2-0 down at half time, could and should have been 4 or 5 and it was men against boys. Total transformation in the 2nd half as they hauled themselves back to 2-2 to force extra time on a night that got noticeably colder as it went on.

Hillingdon went 3-2 up early in extra time only for Hanwell to reply twice and go into a 4-3 lead. Back came Borough who scored early in the second half of extra time to take it to penalties

Hanwells first one was saved and then followed a succession of well taken penalties which sent Hillingdon through to the next round.

After the Egham 4-3 on Saturday I've really been spoilt entertainment wise but as I'm off to Brentford v Stevenage next Tuesday I'm sure that will change.

Hanwell can take encouragement from the performance which showed promise considering their position and hopefully they can start climbing the table as they are a friendly club with friendly people

Oh, and those car park potholes seem to have multiplied.

Yes Peter, that was me.... Five players on loan from a club 3 leagues above?? Bit much for me but having said that, I like Cranfield. Good club and their management are great for banter during 90 minutes and then having a chat an a hand shake in the bar afterwards. Good luck to them in the next round v Broxbourne.

I wanted to pop into the board room after the game to say hi to you but if I'd have been in the room with the ref we'd have been on a disrepute charge....

Seriously Pete, we let ourselves down tonight with the performance but the ref was absolutely diabolical. Two penalty shouts early doors, one absolutely nailed on, and he was just as bad for both sides. I think you could have helped him out on one or two occasions too.... I noticed you remained utterly silent when our gaffer asked your opinion on a number of issues throughout the game. Were you being professional or just embarrassed by your colleague?

Jonno

mate lets get it straight, i have no need to lie. 2 players from Bedford that play for us most weeks not bedford. The hard bit for you was we actually played 4 Cranfield boys that havent hardly started a game for us this season. Our captain didnt play either.

but good banter as usual. cant wait to come back , Harry will wear the collar up next match

Boodie,

No complaints from me Boodie, better team won, no doubt. My comments re Bedford players was Tongue in cheek and I did make a point in my first post that my comments were sour grapes.

Cranfield are a good side this year and are easily the best footballing side I've seen in Division 1.

Your comments about money are farcical however. We're the tightest club in the league and don't pay anybody apart from a small win bonus. If we don't win, we dont pay!! So nobody got paid last night. If anything, the players owe us!!

Don't mistake my posts for being ungracious in defeat. I have said before that Cranfield are a good side, good club and I wish them every success this season. Nice people too.

Jonno

cool thanks for the compliment, what do i know about money hey !!! good luck to you boys saturday.

Tuesday 18 October

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

Royston Town v Bletchley Town

Could this one be double figures tomorrow evening

You have to admit that was some prediction folks, it’s a fuuny old game isn’t it!

Some flesh on the bones from last night:

Tuesday 18 October

Challenge Trophy Second Round

2-1 Berkhamsted v Kentish Town

1-0 Biggleswade United v Bedford

4-2 Broxbourne Borough v Amersham Town (aet)

2-1 Dunstable Town v Stotfold

4-4 Hanwell Town v Hillingdon Borough (aet, Hillingdon won 5-4 on penalties)

0-4 Harefield United v Haringey Borough

1-2 Hertford Town v Hadley

2-5 Hoddesdon Town v Cranfield United

3-1 Leverstock Green v Hatfield Town (aet)

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20111018

0-2 London Colney v Colney Heath

2-3 Royston Town v Bletchley Town

3-2 Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town

Division 1

0-2 Buckingham Athletic v Tokyngton Manor

7-2 Kings Langley v Stony Stratford Town

0-2 Sun Postal Sports v Cockfosters

It could be closer than expected - there are a few youth team and reserve players in the squad. Should be interesting

Yes fair play, it was a good call but what sort of team did Paul Attfield put out for Royston, it sounded like Harefield United v Padbury United from last season all over again

Here are the Harefield United v Haringey Borough and Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town reports, is it my fault that Club's drag their feet in putting their reports up on the website:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=584131&conf=&div=

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1651

'Some' flesh on the bones... one match report out of 15 games!!

That's more of a reflection of the poorly-reported state of the league though, isn't it?

Greenduck – Why do you say that, okay Aylesbury United’s reports are on their website an hour or so after a game however they’re not that comprehensive, a five year old could write them

Jonno

Boodie,

Jonno

Ye right LOL!!!!

It could be closer than expected - there are a few youth team and reserve players in the squad. Should be interesting.

Indeed it could as the squad shows (first team appearances in brackets)

Bentley (0), Jackson (0), Harris (2), Endacott (19), Bradshaw (15), Cain (6), Plowright (4), Skeggs (0), Gwynne (0), Hoeness (0), Bailey (0), Bronti (5), O’Brien (13), Duffin (0), Edwards (17).

well done bletchley a couple of first team players

Bentley (0), Jackson (0), Harris (2), Cain (6), Plowright (4), Skeggs (0), Gwynne (0), Hoeness (0), Bailey (0), Bronti (5), Duffin (0)

I rest my case