Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo Farah

Loosely - The 1980 Olympics in Moscow was a total waste of time as the US and many other Countries boycotted it didn't they, that was the reason Alan Wells won the 100 meters.

Loosely - The 1980 Olympics in Moscow was a total waste of time as the US and many other Countries boycotted it didn't they, that was the reason Alan Wells won the 100 meters.

Rhodesly - What on Earth are you on about? Will you spend as much time denigrating Wells who is under suspicion as you have Mo Farah or not?

Loosely - You or I could have won the 100 meters in Moscow in 1980 but, like I said, this thread is about Mo Farah, who is currently under serious suspicion of using performance enhancing drugs, not Alan Wells.

Rhodesly - However many ways you want to have this conversation turn into ever decreasing circles the fact remains that you have made a conscious choice to single out a black British runner for your 'smoke without fire' accusations. I'm afraid that says it all.

Okay, well what about Linford Christie then, there were some suspicions over him a while back weren't there but I haven't brought that up have I

But you still won't mention another white runner..

Like who for example, Alan Wells didn't need to take drugs to win the 1980 100 meters in Moscow, look who was in the final with him, Cuban Silvio Leonard was second and Petar Petrov of Bulgaria was third which says it all doesn't it.

So why is he being hounded by the media Rhodesly? Why is it always the Black runners you want to persecute?

Is anybody listening to Sportsweek at the moment on Fivelive with Garry Richardson, Seb Coe is on the programme and you can tell from his voice that he has grave concerns about the current investigation into Mo Farah, I fear the worst from the outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

I see that Mo Farah blotted his copy book yet again on Thursday following his return to the track after a six week break at a Diamond League race meeting in Lausanne, Farah won the 5000 meters however it was his disturbing antics afterwards that caught the headlines when he swore at fellow competitor Andy Vernon when Vernon went up to congratulate him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3155343/Mo-Farah-wins-5-000m-return-track-Diamond-League-meet-Lausanne.html

I see that Mo Farah blotted his copy book yet again on Thursday following his return to the track after a six week break at a Diamond League race meeting in Lausanne, Farah won the 5000 meters however it was his disturbing antics afterwards that caught the headlines when he swore at fellow competitor Andy Vernon when Vernon went up to congratulate him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3155343/Mo-Farah-wins-5-000m-return-track-Diamond-League-meet-Lausanne.html

There is never smoke without fire.  I personally believe that Mo knows far more than he's saying.

Or to put it another way, 'Let someone else carry the can for me !'

I don't think this particular saga is quite over and I hope the authorities do eventually investigate the whole matter fully.

Edited by Big J R

There is never smoke without fire. I personally believe that Mo knows far more than he's saying.

Yes, definitely, although I know someone on here who will disagree

It's strange that Loosely hasn't been on here recently to defend his hero isn't it

I see that Mo ran the 3000 meters last night at this weekends Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium in London and, despite winning the race comfortably, the celebrations were somewhat muted with some awkward applause amongst the sparse crowd which, I suppose, could have been due to the dreadful weather yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3173901/Mo-Farah-puts-track-issues-cruises-3000m-win-Olympic-Park.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/33659155

I see that Mo Farah had a five hour grilling yesterday by high profile anti doping investigator Bill Bock who was instrumental in bringing down Lance Armstrong, Bock, who heads up the Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) in the US, is like a rottweiler with a bone so if anyone can get to the bottom of the allegations that Farah is involved with performance enhancing drugs he can:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3174714/Mo-Farah-quizzed-FIVE-HOURS-Lance-Armstrong-anti-doping-nemesis.html

Big JR - I wonder what Loosely's reaction will be when it is