Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo Farah

So what do we think of the story that has broken this morning then, Loosely is conspicuous by his absence isn't he:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/33749208

Not at all surprised but I bet F'ck all will actually be done about it.

It's Seb Coe I feel sorry for, it's a real kick in the teeth for him

A lot of people would like to give the smug Lord Coe a kick in the teeth.

Really, why do you say that, he's a thoroughly decent chap

A lot of people would like to give the smug Lord Coe a kick in the teeth.

Not sure if Lord Coe has still got his large house up on Ranmore which overlooks Dorking.

I knew someone well who did a lot of estate work for him.  He said he was a great bloketo work for until you upset him.  He said he didn't 'suffer fools gladly', which ain't a bad thing in my book.

He did also say that Lord Coe did change quite a bit when he was elevated to the House of Lords.

Loosely is conspicuous by his absence isn't he

There's still no sign of Loosely is there folks

Where has he gone then

I'm sure everyone will want to congratulate Seb Coe who has been appointed President of the IAAF, richly deserved:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/33983432

Okay but this is in the best interests of Athletics isn't it and Seb is by far the best man for the job to clean up the beleaguered sport

Well done Seb,great that one of our athletic greats has got this position.

The British more than anyone seem to be the forerunners in stamping out drug cheating in sports and notably athletics,yes we do have drug cheats in the past but on the while we seem to be one of those countries that it doesn't affect as much.

I wouldn't put my personal dislike of him prejudice my opinion of his ability to do the job - if he starts to clean up athletics then fair enough. Personally I don't think he'll get the support to do what needs to be done but we'll see.

He had the decency when standing as a prospective Conservative MP in Portsmouth of admitting that he hadn't realised the plight of some of the people in the constituency and sympathised with their situations - I'm not sure that 100% of Conservative MP's would have done that.

Still not keen on the bloke though.

At the end of the day, the current problem in athletics, along with some other sports, is DRUGS.

If Lord Seb can come up with something good to kick all drugs out of sport, then he'll get my 'vote' any day!

I see that Mo Farah won the 10,000 meters World Championship today in Beijing despite a last lap stumble, well done Mo but it's a crying shame that the gloss has been taken off his achievement following the allegations made against him and his beleaguered coach Alberto Salazar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34026627

I see that Mo Farah won the 5,000 meters at the World Championships earlier today in Beijing, well done Mo but, like I said when he won the 10,000 meters last week, it's a crying shame that the gloss has been taken off his achievement following the allegations made against him and his beleaguered coach Alberto Salazar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34092438