Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 3 Cray 1

blue pilgrim

Another strong and dominant performance by Town against a very capable Cray side.

Town were noticeably 'pumped up ' at the start and sought to impose themeselves on their opponents. We all held our breath on 10 mins when captain fantastic, Swaine made a fairly reckless tackle, but thankfully the ref only issued a yellow. We then produced a purple spell, scoring 3 goals in 20 minutes.

Firstly, Jay May released H down the left and his superb cross was just as superbly met with a diving header by Courtney White at the near post. Buoyed with confidence, Courtney grabbed his second five minutes later when he ran onto a through ball, beat the last defender, and confidently shot past the approaching keeper. On 30 mins, Wildy grabbed our third, touching a low cross into the far corner of the goal. Understandably, Town then took a breather and a piece of unusually sloppy defending allowed Cray to pull one back before the break.

The second half could never match the first 45 mins and sensibly Town closed the game down. Although Cray were more positive, they rarely troubled Dale and in fact we carved out at least two more chances that could easily have been put away. I heard some away supporters moaning about our tactics but you cannot let Cray play, so Craig and the boys got it spot on - well done

Crowd 488

Edited by blue pilgrim

Pleased that the ref took a lenient view of Swaines dreadful tackle, he really was lucky to stay on the pitch. How that might have changed the outcome.

Great to see Courteney score 2 goals his work effort throughout was fantastic.

BP I heard their supporters whinging also, quite amusing saying that Swaine was a donkey, still it's nice to have a donkey who can score 13 goals !!!

After some years of watching the Blues with small skillful players being outmuscled, I think its great watching us bullying the opposition for a change.

I think Cray were in a different class to last weeks oppo and we handled them spot on. It's good to win your local derbies but today's victory was satisfying for different reasons We stayed focused and negated what looked like a very good team.

Great to see Courtney getting some reward. He's definately moved up a notch since returning from his loan spell.

I couldn't give a toss what the opinion of Cray or any other teams supporters is of us. Losers views don't count. History is written by the victors and the griping & whining of the defeated adds to the schadenfreude. A lesson we've had to learn over the past 6 or 7 seasons.

Looks like Hornchurch are becoming the main threat as Lowestoft continue their poor run.

Good win for Wealdstone today in the Trophy. Wonder how making the semis will affect their efforts in the league.

Another fantastic result for us against a Cray team who are clearly riding high in the league on merit. I'm a bit surprised BP and richards thought Swaine's challenge was that bad - I thought it was a booking at worst and certainly less dangerous than a poor challenge on Wild later in the game that neither of them have mentioned. What is a shame though is that Swainey will now miss games against Horsham and Leatherhead through suspension.

It was not a surprise that Cray sought to impose themselves on us early in the game and the way we countered that was superb. Courtney's second goal shows what a good player he could be - Hopefully, he'll go out wanting to and believeing he can score in every game now.

I thought in the second half Cray went a bit more for the "let's fall over" route that a few teams have employed against us this season, rather than the quick football they are best at. As a result the second half was a bit more comfortable than I expected. I was worried when I saw how young the ref was, but to be fair I thought he had a pretty good game. We squandered some excellent chances to increase our tally towards the end,but it didn't matter and I don't think anyone could argue with the result. Again, hard to pick a MoTM because they all put a shift in again, but I'll give it to Courtney for his goals.

Every game is a difficult game now and Wealdstone away certainly falls into that category. It was a bad day for us there last year - hopefully we'll be able to put that right next week and keep piling the pressure on the teams below us.

Another fantastic effort - Well done lads. Come on you Blues!!!

Another cracking performance, Cray couldnt cope with us in the first half and the only blot on the copybook was the slip up for their goal. Courtneys second goal was a touch of class- he made holding off the last defender and slotting home look very easy.

An all round good game from us and we easily could have had more goals. Another tricky looking game next week but 11 more performances like yesterday and we wont be far off.

COYB

Agree with all above, an impressive first half when we took our chances. Felt second half our midfield faded slightly. Cray are a good side and I thought their No 10 had a good game. "H" as always ran his heart out and was as committed as ever. J May again worked hard as a front man, I think we derserves more credit then he sometimes gets. Important away games coming up but if the team show the same spirit as yesterday then we should be fine.

Another great performance by what must be one of the most united Billericay sides in years. Everyone one of the lads are there for each other, Led by and kept down to earth by Craig & his team,

It's a pleasure to watch every week. Keep it going lad's thumbsup%20(2).gif

Good evening Troll of Upminster. I have seen the video clips of your goals and the celebrations are somewhat muted in comparison.

Another super performance against a very good side. The first 30 minutes were breathtaking and after they pulled a goal back we saw the game out very comfortably. We had a few good chances to increase the lead but hey ho we'll keep a few in the bank for next week.

A strange report on pitchero which said after Cray had pulled a goal back they held the upper hand for the rest of the game ! Am I wrong in saying that after their goal Brightly didn't have a shot to save ? and could probably had done as good a job sitting in a deckchair smoking a cigar.

COYB

Another BRILLIANT result against a top 6 club . I thought last weeks win was really important but this one tops that as we gain another 3 points . Pleased for Courtney as when i have seen him he runs all the time . We have the points on the board and will not be having to play catch up games on Tuesday nights so hopefully that will help us too .

Should give the boys another confidence booster in readiness for Wealdstone , but even though they are going great guns in the Trophy i am sure they will also want a decent league showing so again Craig and the boys need to be up an at 'em again .

Well done to everyone - 65 points remarkable achievement thus far !

A strange report on pitchero which said after Cray had pulled a goal back they held the upper hand for the rest of the game ! Am I wrong in saying that after their goal Brightly didn't have a shot to save ? and could probably had done as good a job sitting in a deckchair smoking a cigar.

COYB

Yeah, so much so, that Dale complained to us after the game that he was getting bored playing between the sticks...lol.

Now that we have Murray'ed every performance for the rest of the season....

I thought we were superb and to be 3 - 1 at half time was nothing short of fantastic. And it's nice to gear the Blue Army again....

Nice pictures as well...if we can use 'em for the programme, I would be grateful...thanks

On the subject of Swaine's suspension. Yes, it's disappointing that he will miss 2 games. But, I would rather this be served now (no disrespect meant to Horsham or Leatherhead) than with some of the other games coming up in the run in. With Halle available again, and I assume Sobers we could be in a lot worse of a position at the back.