Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley Town Football Club

Oh my god so they now have 2 guys with no experience at this level at all is there a hidden agenda surely they had some really good applicants for the post,I would sugest that these 2 need to cut their teeth in a reserve team and try to gain some experience its not a Sunday team its semi proffesional football on the first rung of the ladder towards the football league, I can't believe it.

Krooner - unexpected appointments to say the least. Do you know what the thinking was? Are there financial considerations &/or a realisation that CTFC are likely to find it challenging to move back up from step 5 in the medium term? It will be really interesting to see how this works out.

The interesting thing to me is that the person who advertised the Job on here,then gets the Position.As others have indicated the Encumbent has no track record at this Level,so what was the point of wasting other Applicants time,in applying.Wish him well though.

Very very confusing as to what the ---- we are doing, as a senior football club and having advertised the vacancy, if the candidates were not up to it in the opinion of the man advertising the post, surely you do not take it on yourself with absolutely no experience at this level and hand the assistance job to another inexperienced guy, but as a supporter of many years, I just hope we are not being sold down the river to enable this new development to go through, but still wish the pairing all the very best, and I will still be in attendance every Saturday

Or maybe it's because no-one with much experience as a manager at this level or higher applied for the job?

I don't know who applied but I do know there weren't many applications.

I don't know if this is the right route to go down but from my reading of the announcement it looks like Dan Turkington is being given experience before becoming the next manager if he stays with us. When you look at our last few managers and league placings the unexperienced ones have done just as well, if not better than the so-called experienced ones. Bear in mind PB, Barney and Paul Miles were inexperienced managers at this level as well. Dan actually has some experience of managing a step 5 side.

Plus, the addition of more coaches means we have a strong team behind the manager.

We've got a great system of reserves and youth players who deserve their chance at playing in the first team rather than getting a manager in who's just going to get all his mates playing for us who all leave when he leaves.

We'll see what happens. As I said a few weeks ago, I don't think any of us are expecting promotion in the next couple of years anyway so lets just watch some football, have a few beers and look forward to a day or two in Guernsey at some point.

Edited by VPCTFC

Or is it purely the fact that no one wanted to take over after Darren Barnard being at the helm? Hard job to take on after such an experienced man being in charge.

......or is it, that the new Manager still reports to Barnard, and lets be fair who would want to work for him, he's so araogant no wonder there were few ''experienced'' managers applying.... ;)

Could it be that Camberley/Barnard were looking for a ''yes'' man, and as the Manager has little experience money does not come into the equation as it would with an experience manager would request !

So you are right Bigboy either there are no or very little funds by meaning of the above.....could this be the demise of Camberley ?

All very strange but very interesting knowing what the thought is behind the appointment ?

Demise of Camberley?

You clearly know nothing about our history - where we've been or where we are now. The club will be alright, don't worry about that.

I won't dignify your post with any furthur explanation as that's what you crave.

Edited by VPCTFC

Come accross Darren Barnard once after a preseason last summer. Had a chat after the game. Very nice down to earth guy. Theres plenty of people in CCL with far bigger egos that actually haven't done anything in the game

Or is it purely the fact that no one wanted to take over after Darren Barnard being at the helm? Hard job to take on after such an experienced man being in charge.

......or is it, that the new Manager still reports to Barnard, and lets be fair who would want to work for him, he's so araogant no wonder there were few ''experienced'' managers applying.... ;)

Could it be that Camberley/Barnard were looking for a ''yes'' man, and as the Manager has little experience money does not come into the equation as it would with an experience manager would request !

So you are right Bigboy either there are no or very little funds by meaning of the above.....could this be the demise of Camberley ?

All very strange but very interesting knowing what the thought is behind the appointment ?

Thanks ng I think your great by the way....apparently mickey mouse turned down the job cos Camberley wouldnt give him a Darren Barnard watch! Camberley first team now playing at Frimley green!!!! Shocking lol

It will be interesting to see what players go to Camberley from what i've heard this whole venture could end up as a disaster can any club gamble with thier senior status its a massive gamble on the comittees behalf, but I do wish them well as they are one of the clubs that I played for and help manage it just seems they are saying we aint that bothered about what happens on the pitch next season the ground developement is more important,that maybe true but it has to be as important as what happens on the pitch not more important as II said before I wonder what the real agenda is.

Obviously all the above is correct. Of course the interesting thing is I pm'd you some weeks ago NG and you didnt even have the decency to reply. So I guess you must know rude and arrogant eh ;)

Obviously all the above is correct. Of course the interesting thing is I pm'd you some weeks ago NG and you didnt even have the decency to reply. So I guess you must know rude and arrogant eh ;)

Have I wandered onto the Comedy Store website by mistake?

Very true you did. I did not respond as I couldn't get a clear answer from Camberley, now we all know why... ;) !!! ,

Have I wandered onto the Comedy Store website by mistake?

'ere VP have you heard about the guy who asked to see applicants CV's then after looking at them decided,, no hold on I'll choose myselft to do the job, so get demoted from chairman !........moral of the story, a waste of time sending in CV's so thank you and sorry for the inconvenience to all the applicants....after all EACH APPLICANT WILL BE TREATED ON ITS OWN MERITS !!!!........must have been some awful CV's received then.. :P !!! as Abba used to say.......Money. money . money .. ;)

Ha. You haven't got a clue NG.

I have in my possession an email that blows your [****!!****] theories out of the water but guess what? You're not going to see it.