Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley Town Football Club

Maybe T.R.S. could be invited for the Orgy bit,could make for interesting viewing.

.... and a visit from the obscene publications squad !

Chertsey's end of season presentation is at the club this Friday with tickets at £10 per person, Quality buffet with disco and Karaoke until very late at night.

Thats how you keep things in the club. Have been to many presentations at golf clubs and for £30, the food is not the best, the drinks are way over priced, the DJ stops at midnight and most people leave early for a nightclub anyway!

Better to put the money back in the club, drink the bar dry, and have a mass orgy!!

Little legs I agree. As stated previously, clubs should have their Presentation Evening at their own respective club so any much needed revenue made goes back to the club.

BUT one thing I disagree with is charging people who attend. Why? I think that charging £10 will put people off who would normally go to such functions. Its the CLUBS Presentation Evening and believe that the it would be more appreciated by the players and supporters as a Thank You for their seasons support, after all they pay at the gate every home game....just think its a kick in the teeth.

I wonder how many clubs DO NOT CHARGE,entrance fee/for ticket as in my day, the clubs I managed and played for didn't charge which was appreciated, making any revenue over the bar and from fruit machines........funny how the no-one ever got the jackpot tho' ........ ;) !!!

They didn't charge because they knew that if you were going to be there, they'd never get anyone to pay ;)

Sorry open goal there, no choice!

For what its worth I agree there should be no charge, BUT, in this day and age, any attempt to raise finance is one that a well organised club should take advantage of. Most supporters at this level know they are to a certain extent cash cows to their club of choice and most won't begrudge a £10 charge. Of course it helps if you have something to celebrate.

Our club went one stage further this year and didn't even advertise it until the day!

i disagree it should be kept in house you play at your said club all season with alot of of your own money spent over the bar whats the harm in a nice s[****!!****]y place ? you all get dressed up take your partners three course meal then presentation and a disco at the end the club still earns off the price of the tickets surely this is somthing to look forward to if anyone feels its taking somthing away from there club then organise a night during the season!!

at lammas we did the hilton hotel an a thistle hotel an everybody had a great time from chairman to supporters it is worthy tom do it!!!

They didn't charge because they knew that if you were going to be there, they'd never get anyone to pay ;)

Sorry open goal there, no choice!

For what its worth I agree there should be no charge, BUT, in this day and age, any attempt to raise finance is one that a well organised club should take advantage of. Most supporters at this level know they are to a certain extent cash cows to their club of choice and most won't begrudge a £10 charge. Of course it helps if you have something to celebrate.

Our club went one stage further this year and didn't even advertise it until the day!

Damn you beat me to it !

Yep thats a sign of a good webmaster and programme editor who's got everything under control...ooops!..... sorry another open goal there .... :o !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

i disagree it should be kept in house you play at your said club all season with alot of of your own money spent over the bar whats the harm in a nice s[****!!****]y place ? you all get dressed up take your partners three course meal then presentation and a disco at the end the club still earns off the price of the tickets surely this is somthing to look forward to if anyone feels its taking somthing away from there club then organise a night during the season!!

at lammas we did the hilton hotel an a thistle hotel an everybody had a great time from chairman to supporters it is worthy tom do it!!!

Thats nice how much were the tickets Newbs ?

if memory serves me correct £30.00 you also got a big discount on rooms aswell i used to look forward to them now if im honest i dont just because its at the club where i play an its to easy to swerve not that i have but people do!!

if memory serves me correct £30.00 you also got a big discount on rooms aswell i used to look forward to them now if im honest i dont just because its at the club where i play an its to easy to swerve not that i have but people do!!

Is that £30.00 each ?

The official Camberley website's been updated! :hurray2:

Ronnie is indeed standing aside as chairman but is staying on as a director and committee member. We have young Mr. Goff, the club treasurer, as our chairman now. http://www.camberleytownfc.co.uk/News.htm

So amidst all the changes, nothing much is changing. Next up is to find out who's gonna be the new first team manager. I expect interviews and stuff are taking place over the next few days.

Whoever gets the job I wish well to. You'll get to know me whether you want to or not.

I can state there's no pressure from the fans for promotion for the next couple of seasons at least. Once Windsor & Guernsey have gone we'll have a rethink.

:580:

Is that £30.00 each ?

yes it was i think it was usually £20 per person for the night an the other £10 went to the club!!

The official Camberley website's been updated! :hurray2:

Ronnie is indeed standing aside as chairman but is staying on as a director and committee member. We have young Mr. Goff, the club treasurer, as our chairman now. http://www.camberley....co.uk/News.htm

So amidst all the changes, nothing much is changing. Next up is to find out who's gonna be the new first team manager. I expect interviews and stuff are taking place over the next few days.

Whoever gets the job I wish well to. You'll get to know me whether you want to or not.

I can state there's no pressure from the fans for promotion for the next couple of seasons at least. Once Windsor & Guernsey have gone we'll have a rethink.

:580:

VP I'm astonished to hear your comments which appear rather defeatist. This maybe fine for Camberleys managers brief that there is no pressure for the next 2 seasons 'cos there is Guernsey and Windsor to over come, How about the team that is relegated from above, if any that this ? To tell the players that promotion isn't a necessity will only bring you average players, and maybe youth players coming thru' the ranks, I would have thought, you are going to start off paying good money as Camberley normally do and see what materialises as the season progresses.

Can you imagine if every club was of that same opinion, they may as well not bother playing next season ! Whilst I appreciate you are being realistic, football can be a funny old game but targets are there to be got at and primarily its to win the league and be champions. Yes of course not all clubs will be in the position to compete, but the general objective is to give players a goal to achieve which in my case would be to win the league. Otherwise what is the point ? Just to turn up and have a game of football whether you win. lose or draw and that no-one really cares, there is no pressure ?

There are managers which work better under pressure !

Is that £30.00 each ?

yes it was i think it was usually £20 per person for the night an the other £10 went to the club!!

Newbs that £30.00 - £60.00 before you even start ! In the current financial climate times are hard so in my opinion, clubs should have ''free'' end of season presentation as a show of the clubs appreciation to all associted with each respective club for their help and support.

V.P.is factually not right about the next 2 seasons,unless he is a firm believer that Guernsey will win the Premier next year,then when the restructuring kicks in Windsor will be in the same division as Camberley.Why spend a shed load of money trying to beat these big money Clubs,would suggest investing in a Youth Policy would be the best way forward.Likewise with Whyteleafe,could never of been relegated at a worse time,if I was Chairman I would be looking to the Kent League,now that all the big hitters have been Promoted,and under the new Restructuring proposals,they would be there next year anyway.

Is that £30.00 each ?

Newbs that £30.00 - £60.00 before you even start ! In the current financial climate times are hard so in my opinion, clubs should have ''free'' end of season presentation as a show of the clubs appreciation to all associted with each respective club for their help and support.

possibly but if its set in stone why not look forward to it at every end of season do i know i did!! its called saving for a rainy day bit like a holiday or a special day out imo, 60 doesnt break the bank

VP as a supporter is entirely entitled to his viewpoint. It may vary from those of the players or any new Manager but may in reality turn out to be the more accurate.

Newby - I think the difference of opinion on a presentation night comes from the fact that you are a player and I am a Committee member. I understand your desire for a different evening out, but with my club hat on I would see this as a money making opportunity.

NG - I don't know what you mean about our website or programme. Both are very good as proved by the fact that our website is regularly in the top 100 on pitchero and the programme has just been advised as in the top 10 nationally at non-league level. Our "admin" is a different area and nothing to do with me. For an open goal, you actually need a goal to shoot at first.

VP as a supporter is entirely entitled to his viewpoint. It may vary from those of the players or any new Manager but may in reality turn out to be the more accurate.

Newby - I think the difference of opinion on a presentation night comes from the fact that you are a player and I am a Committee member. I understand your desire for a different evening out, but with my club hat on I would see this as a money making opportunity.

NG - I don't know what you mean about our website or programme. Both are very good as proved by the fact that our website is regularly in the top 100 on pitchero and the programme has just been advised as in the top 10 nationally at non-league level. Our "admin" is a different area and nothing to do with me. For an open goal, you actually need a goal to shoot at first.

Have to agree with that!

E&E ED you completely miss the point. Whilst you acknowledge that your website and certainly your programme is the best in CCL Prem.

I am stating that for such a good Editor and Webmaster, how come you advertised on your website your presentation do on the same day as the presentation....ooops plenty of warning !.........Just scored... :D !!!