Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What If ....................

OldTowner

Okay, It's on the Grays Forum, so may as well be on ours as well.

Rain, Rain, Rain forecast until Saturday.

East Thurrock pitch is crap.

So,

What If ......

The game is postponed due to ground being waterlogged.

Would the League postpone Leiston, Needham and Tilbury games as well ?

Lots riding on all these matches for Title and Play-offs.

Anyone know the answer ?

You won't make many friends with those at East Thurrock will you?

Why would the league postpone other games should ours be postponed?

What will be will be. I am sure everything will work itself out.

It may all be okay on the day - let's hope so, but.....

I would have thought that all games affecting Title and Play off positions should kick off at the same time.

Certainly all other Leagues throughout the Football League / Non League do.

Does anyone from the League ( or FA ) ever read these forums ???

I can't see games being postponed simply because other games will be.All games will go ahead as scheduled and any postponmemts I would assume be played as soon as possible after Saturday.Logistically it would probably be z disaster to suddenly postpone every game

Who would of thought that ten man Chelsea would go through tonight?

Who would think PBT would win or get a point at Leiston on Saturday?

Football is funny old game sometimes?

News on the rain that seems to falling forever is that the Ryman League have sent a circular to member clubs saying any games postponed on Saturday MUST be played on Sunday.

I know it's three days away but to give everyone a heads up at least... the worst thing is I can't make Sunday..

Looking at the weather for Essex it's forecast to be dry tomorrow but rainy Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

It is a bit silly sending a circular like that. If the game is postponed then why should the pitch have dried by Sunday with the forecast as it is. Besides these are not full time professional players and they may have other engagements on the Sunday. It seems to me the league should have said any games to be postponed to be played on the Tuesday.

For clubs that may be involved in playoffs such as Town and Leiston etc they would have put their players on notice that they may be needed on Tuesday anyway. The first leg of the playoff (if necessary) could then be played on the following Sunday when we are due to play the final and the final put back to either the Tuesday or Saturday following.

What is the problem with that.

It is a bit silly sending a circular like that. If the game is postponed then why should the pitch have dried by Sunday with the forecast as it is. Besides these are not full time professional players and they may have other engagements on the Sunday. It seems to me the league should have said any games to be postponed to be played on the Tuesday.

For clubs that may be involved in playoffs such as Town and Leiston etc they would have put their players on notice that they may be needed on Tuesday anyway. The first leg of the playoff (if necessary) could then be played on the following Sunday when we are due to play the final and the final put back to either the Tuesday or Saturday following.

That sounds good

Player contracts may have expired, and although I would presume any player worth his salt would want to play for free anyway, I am led to believe that there may be insurance implication.

You won't make many friends with those at East Thurrock will you?

Why would the league postpone other games should ours be postponed?

What will be will be. I am sure everything will work itself out.

It may all be okay on the day - let's hope so, but.....

I would have thought that all games affecting Title and Play off positions should kick off at the same time.

Certainly all other Leagues throughout the Football League / Non League do.

Does anyone from the League ( or FA ) ever read these forums ???

Just cannot see how all the teams playing for a League Title or a play-off place giving home advantage, can kick off on different days, when other results will be known.

Crazy Ryman.

You can't just cancel matches because others are off.

And when do you make the decision to cancel,a day before? Where at this time of year a pitch can recover in a few hours,or at 1pm when the only game unplayable is cancelled.

It's an impossible situation for the league but the games just have to be played when they can.With the weather forecast as it is,games could be off on some areas but ok in others,could go on for a couple of weeks.

I know there is a lot riding on these games, but at no other time of the season would other games be cancelled because one particular game is off.

Next, we will be saying that all games must finish at exactly the same time on the Saturday knowing full well that this could never happen.

What does it matter! We know we have to win our game as do Leiston. If they play the day before or the day after us they would still have to win as would we as their goal difference is superior so we can only win to have any chance. Lets play our game when we can, win it and hope thats enough, if its not it will be down to the points collated over the season when you are trying to win every game possible, not whether we played at the same time as Leiston or not.

I have a solution, all fan's need to be in the know of whats happening and the league needs to remove all doubt, so it's simple, due to the uncertainty of the weather all teams finishing in the top two are promoted and play off's cancelled for this season, all agree say Nigh all against can [****!!****]

I have a solution, all fan's need to be in the know of whats happening and the league needs to remove all doubt, so it's simple, due to the uncertainty of the weather all teams finishing in the top two are promoted and play off's cancelled for this season, all agree say Nigh all against can [****!!****]

Keep taking the tablets.