Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surrey Elite League 2012/13 (Future CCL Clubs?)

Tommo - are Bagshot definitely in the Surrey Elite this season?

Reason I ask is that Old Farnboronians put this season's table on their website and Bagshot weren't on it. They were still listed as an Aldershot league team along with OF's ressies. They've recently removed the first team table but the ressies one is still on there and is clearly for this coming season as it features Yateley Green Reserves and 'Eversley & California A' which I presume is the new name for Eversley's third team.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oldfarnboronians/

I know the league hasn't had its AGM yet but I presume they've released a provisional constitution.

On this subject, this week the Surrey Elite has finally been granted official step 7 status by the FA which is good.

Not the Surrey Elite, we've entered the Intermediate League first. 1 step at a time, we were invited to enter the Elite, but I want to make sure the club can deal with all the extra rules and regs provided by the FA at that level before we jump straight up. Next season, we'll hopefully be looking at the Elite League.

We have a proposed constitution courtesy of Virginia Water's website. http://www.vwfc.co.uk/club/News/view/674399

As it says on there - "There are unconfirmed reports that Abbey runners up in the Surrey Intermediate (Western) and losing County Cup finalists who originally applied have merged with their parent club Abbey Rangers."

The constitiution to be put to the AGM:

Abbey Rangers

AFC Cubo

Battersea Ironsides

Bookham (voluntarily relegated from CCL1)

Claygate & Ditton (promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination Intermediate Div 1)

Coulsdon Town

Crescent Rovers

Horsley

Old Farnboronians

Oxted & District

Reigate Priory

Ripley Village

Tooting Bec

Virginia Water

Weston Green Sports

Yateley Green (promoted from SCIL(W) Premier Division)

The reserve division has a couple of CCL teams in it so my thoughts about the two reserve divisions joining together in the future may not be too far-fetched.

Abbey Rangers Reserves

Battersea Ironsides Reserves

Bookham Reserves (from CCL Reserve Division)

Coulsdon Town Reserves

Crescent Rovers Reserves

Epsom Athletic Reserves

Horsley Reserves

Mole Valley SCR Reserves (from Suburban League)

Oxted & District Reserves

Reigate Priory Reserves

Ripley Village Reserves

Tooting Bec Reserves (from SSEC Junior Division 2)

Virginia Water Reserves

Leaving the Intermediate Division:

Epsom Athletic (promoted to CCL1)

Farnborough North End (relegated to SCIL(W))

Leaving the Reserve Division:

Bletchingley Reserves. They had been allowed to stay in the league after their first team withdrew in December. The VW website says they're expected to reform in the Surrey South Eastern Combination.

Edited by Chris Clapham

This has been a massive stitch up as far as I'm concerned, there have been so many different reasons that have changed so many times. Graham Thornton is such a difficult

Man, he doesn't answer the phone, return emails. He told us 5-6 weeks ago that everything would be fine, and it's just a matter of paperwork. We received an email yesterday stating our application was not succesful. Then told it would go to a vote from all clubs at last nights AGM. I'm then involved by 2 people today that attended the meeting, all clubs were advised to reject your application and vote against it. I really do not understand the sense in all this, no specific reason has been given. We are trying to fight this, but not too sure to what extent it can be fought.

Doesn't look like it, this was the natural progression through the leagues.

I can't see why you didn't go direct to the Surrey Elite. Old Farnboronians got in from the Aldershot League last season. The Aldershot & District Premier Division and Surrey Intermediate (Western) Premier Division are the same level. Both are level 12 (step 8). It's just the Aldershot League generally feeds the Hampshire Premier whereas the SCIL(W) is a direct feeder to the Surrey Elite.

Good luck for the future though. Hope this hasn't set your plans back too far. I would seriously consider applying straight to the Surrey Elite next season. I think it has to be done by December 31st now the Elite is officially part of the pyramid.

The history of bagshot fc and the Surrey intermediate is not a great one. Bagshot were kicked out of this league in the past due to the individuals running the club, not paying fines and regularly playing banned players.

They then went to the east berkshire league and then joined the aldershot league and have been there since.

I was led to believe that the intermediate league would not accept Bagshot back as long as certain individuals were still involved at the club.

Burnt a lot of bridges in the past.