Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Results (30/06)

You will also see a lot of forward-thinking coaches involving speed, agility and quickness exercises into their training (there is a company called SAQ providing this type of stuff) in addition to plyometric training (leaping and bounding type exercise involving explosive movements).

If you turn up early to a professional level game (and some top-end semi-pro teams) you will often see such exercises included in a team's warm-up routine. On a more prosaic level, think 'fast feet' type exercises.

Training on your own for a team sport don't make any sense whatsoever,I think again it is an opt out you would never really push yourself and be in competition with other players who might be fitter and make you work harder and longer,1 12 minute run is that all my mum could do that and she is 76 come on fellas wheres your pride I go for 10k runs 2 or 3 times a week and I don't play anymore,I always prided myself on my fitness probably why I was still playing CCL when I was 46.

people are different so if i get more out of doing it on my own thats what ill do i now find i dont enjoy training as much as i used to i have a physical job an have had my fair share of injuries over last 3 years so find i push myself more as people are watching rather than being in a group an hiding or going through the motions believe me players are more clever than alot of coaches think!

fair play if your mum could do it at 76 shes obviously looked after herself .an also to you 46 an to still be playing well i know i wont be ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek

Well I never knew about Fartlek until today.

Whatever next, a song about it... 'Fartlekking across the Universe....'

Kroons does a lot of 10k runs,and he is as fit as a flea.

Told he can bite like one as well !!!!

:bolt:

Well, well Uncle Fester its seems from other posters they agree that you run, run, run ancient medieval outdated methods are infact old hat........... ;) !!

One would suggest to go on a ''modern'' coaching course to learn and listen a bit more about the technical part of the game, you're not always right Mr. Motivator self confessed to be the best in the CCL...... :D !

Why not read up on coaching Dunc the Unc altho' you may have a problem as there are no swear words in the context of pre-season training.....suggest you wipe those cobwebs off ........... :P !

Well, well Uncle Fester its seems from other posters they agree that you run, run, run ancient medieval outdated methods are infact old hat........... ;) !!

One would suggest to go on a ''modern'' coaching course to learn and listen a bit more about the technical part of the game, you're not always right Mr. Motivator self confessed to be the best in the CCL...... :D !

Why not read up on coaching Dunc the Unc altho' you may have a problem as there are no swear words in the context of pre-season training.....suggest you wipe those cobwebs off ........... :P !

What part of the words I have retired don't you understand what a waste of ink

And for your information Thrush we (me and Smudge ) were referring to the Fans Focus team not the CCL and my record as manager is played 2 won 2 and both times JJ has lifted the trophy,for the last 2 games I unfortunately have not been around and both times the team has been beaten coincidense maybe but with a little bit of my experience and motivational skills it could of been different who knows,now feck off and irritate some other kent.