Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Results (30/06)

I remember when I was on schoolboy forms at a London league club (no names no packdrill) anyone seen kicking a ball before the kickabout at the end of training got punished, now I was always too Fecked to join in the kickabout as I used to give it my all,the ball was introduced soon enough but the most important thing was your fitness and that included plenty of strength and stamina work and thats what should be concentrated on in the first few sessions IMO.

As mentioned, when to play games is a personal choice. We have had four sessions since 21st June, including last Saturday. We have six friendlies scheduled before the season starts, only one of which is a Tuesday. The reason I chose to do this is that midweek sessions are purely for fitness in my view - although the use of balls is a major part of this. For gods sake, we all moan about England lacking in technique and then still get people blabbering on about keeping balls out of training because the "only way to get people fit is to run their nuts off".

We have several new players who we managed to have a look at and - particularly in the first half - we gained quite a bit from the match. Second half was less so, but we still saw enough there to work with, plus gave 18 players 45 minutes each, rather than do a training session down the recreation ground in Molesey.

With holidays being taken by players over the next few weeks it is likely that not all of them will be involved with all the games, so although we are a week early in some respects, the overall picture changes when you consider players may only get 4-5 of those games. This is another reason for doing Saturdays as a player who takes a weeks holiday would miss a midweek game as well. Now, back when I played, I avoided holidays in the pre-season and would prefer my lads to do the same, but times have changed and at this level these things happen.

I am comfortable with our schedule and know the lads yesterday enjoyed the chance of getting a bit of "game time" and this is in some way a reward for working hard in our sessions. It may not be some peoples cup of tea, and I respect that. However, apart from getting a sunburnt head because I forgot to apply my sun cream, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

With regard to the legality of playing the game, I know that we run all friendlies we have though the county and the referee for this fixture - as with all of ours - was appointed by them, so we have no concerns over that side of it.

It was not a bad game in fairness, and Knaphill have got some good lads there so could well be up there this season - it is early days though, for all of us.

Season starts in 5 weeks time, by the way.

Hammer I totally agree about the match and your schedule is pretty much the same as ours, we have our plan and I imagine Duncs has his, we have had very good turn outs for all of our practice sessions and we have had the ball out for most of it, my disappointment yesterday was our lack of quality on the ball in the 1st half, however the 2nd half we kept the ball very well, as for letting the guys have a break, our season finished on 24th March so I guess they are pretty rested.

As mentioned, when to play games is a personal choice. We have had four sessions since 21st June, including last Saturday. We have six friendlies scheduled before the season starts, only one of which is a Tuesday. The reason I chose to do this is that midweek sessions are purely for fitness in my view - although the use of balls is a major part of this. For gods sake, we all moan about England lacking in technique and then still get people blabbering on about keeping balls out of training because the "only way to get people fit is to run their nuts off".

We have several new players who we managed to have a look at and - particularly in the first half - we gained quite a bit from the match. Second half was less so, but we still saw enough there to work with, plus gave 18 players 45 minutes each, rather than do a training session down the recreation ground in Molesey.

With holidays being taken by players over the next few weeks it is likely that not all of them will be involved with all the games, so although we are a week early in some respects, the overall picture changes when you consider players may only get 4-5 of those games. This is another reason for doing Saturdays as a player who takes a weeks holiday would miss a midweek game as well. Now, back when I played, I avoided holidays in the pre-season and would prefer my lads to do the same, but times have changed and at this level these things happen.

I am comfortable with our schedule and know the lads yesterday enjoyed the chance of getting a bit of "game time" and this is in some way a reward for working hard in our sessions. It may not be some peoples cup of tea, and I respect that. However, apart from getting a sunburnt head because I forgot to apply my sun cream, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

With regard to the legality of playing the game, I know that we run all friendlies we have though the county and the referee for this fixture - as with all of ours - was appointed by them, so we have no concerns over that side of it.

It was not a bad game in fairness, and Knaphill have got some good lads there so could well be up there this season - it is early days though, for all of us.

Reading this sh1te proves to me how obsessed some people are with football you are doing all this for your own addiction and feck all else you also seem to be justifying your position as a manager/coach or whatever you are if you have doubts about your own ability then don't do the fecking job.

At Lammas we don't do Hardly any running, we get the balls out straight away as our coach believes you can get as fit with the balls. Playing little 5 aside games and keep ball sessions. Like he said to us yesterday is the only problem with that is that players can cheat themselves by not putting as much effort as they would running round a field. I enjoy it tho!

SANCTIONED ???

Sure that shouldn't read SECTIONED ????

:bolt:

At Lammas we don't do Hardly any running, we get the balls out straight away as our coach believes you can get as fit with the balls. Playing little 5 aside games and keep ball sessions. Like he said to us yesterday is the only problem with that is that players can cheat themselves by not putting as much effort as they would running round a field. I enjoy it tho!

What he's run out of ideas already does that mean another season in Div 1 Redders,if your players can't be trusted to put the effort in themselves then what is the point of playing senior football,I've said it before and I'll say it again a players fitness is not the responsibility of the club it is the responsibility of the the individual if you want to be unfit and overweight then thats up to you but if you want to be lean and fit that is up yo you as well,what the feck is it to do with anyone else you boys have got a lot to learn.

Reading this sh1te proves to me how obsessed some people are with football you are doing all this for your own addiction and feck all else you also seem to be justifying your position as a manager/coach or whatever you are if you have doubts about your own ability then don't do the fecking job.

Duncs what a ludicrous statement,you are getting more like NICE GUY everyday,putting good people down.Had you down as a better,not bitter person than that

Duncs what a ludicrous statement,you are getting more like NICE GUY everyday,putting good people down.Had you down as a better,not bitter person than that

Sorry Smudge but if people want to spew a load of Bollix at me then I will say what I think its only fair mate its what a forum is for,whoever this guy is he can learn from what I have told him and maybe go on and win something,in this league theres not a lot between the teams from the bottom to the top so if you are fitter than the others you will give yourself a good chance of firstly staying in the league and secondly winning something it may sound old hat but in this league it is true trust me.

Not fitness alone that wins this League and others Duncs and you well know that.It does help though.Money and loads of it,is the overiding factor.The poster in question will laugh at your remarks for sure,well at least I think he will.I certainly did,tell you what though the Fans Forum X1 AINT WON A GAME WITHOUT YOU.

Not fitness alone that wins this League and others Duncs and you well know that.It does help though.Money and loads of it,is the overiding factor.The poster in question will laugh at your remarks for sure,well at least I think he will.I certainly did,tell you what though the Fans Forum X1 AINT WON A GAME WITHOUT YOU.

Again I rest my case, nobody can motivate these lads like me I know what makes them tick and yes Smudge money does help but what about all the money that has been spent and got a lot of teams nowhere what a fecking waste and some of these teams with decent budgets have even been relegated so it aint always true.

Apologies if I ruffled any feathers, Duncs, certainly didn't mean to.

As for early starts, well I was once invited by a mutual friend to attend a Merthyr Tydfil v Cardiff City game played on July 4th one year!

A few fans who said 'it's too early for Merthyr' got short shrift from the club secretary Anthony Hughes who told them 'if playing against the best team in Wales isn't motivation enough then I don't know what is.'

Merthyr, for the record, played pretty well but goals by Darren Purse and Michael Chopra were too much for them.

i agree with getting the balls out after a couple of beasting sessions i find it more enjoyable an so do most players thats why we play its all about enjoyment an you dont realise your working hard if a ball is involved

I find that if you tell players they will be rewarded for working hard for the first hour, hour and half by having half hour with the ball they tend to do it. Don't work hard enough, don't get ball. Never not got them out!!! Each to there own though and we are all entitled to that.

No that was the point he was making Duncs, it's up to us players to get fit but point I was making is that he believes you can get as fit with the balls as you can without them.