Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Results

Please do keep up people x

I can do 10 keep up a day you are right mr man people should keep fit both in mind and body to I think you are to a follow of the good lord himself because you talk good things

0-1 Wolverton Town v MK Don XI

It appears we had one very unhappy groundhopper in attendance as seen by his comments on another forum

Pre Season Friendly 7.30pm

Wolverton Town 0 Milton Keynes Dons XI 1 att.180 est

£2 Admission, including 12 page programme.

This was absolute crap and backs up all those who knock friendlies for being nothing more than a kick about in the sun. Wolverton were pathetic and hard to remember if they had a genuine effort on goal.

MK Dons U12's got the only goal with a free kick in the first quarter of an hour and spent the rest of the match being caught offside.

First friendly this season that has been a total waste of time attending............i can hear the chuckles from Cheshire and Suffolktongue.gif.

Pitch was excellent and had barriers down the clubhouse side with the other 3 sides roped off. Mobile burger bar present as well as a brass band, which seemed a strange thing to have at a friendly against such low key opposition.

Edited by Karen Browne

3-0 London Lions v Hertford Town

http://www.londonlio...ayed=yes&Type=1

From another Forum

Pre-Season Friendly

London Lions 3 Hertford Town 0

At Maccabi Sports Ground, Rowley Lane Sports Association, 3G ptich

Rowley Lane, Arkley

Admission, £3

Programme, none

My first choice today in South London was called off so thirty minute drive down a few junctions of the M25 and I had no trouble finding this venue.

Received a good welcome upon arrival and the club official on the gate was very courteous and helpful with a couple of queries I had. As for the game, any nuetral here that didn't know what division of the Spartan South Midlands League these two teams were in would have been forgiven for thinking the home side was the higher placed outfit. London Lions dominated most of this match and Hertford Town were restricted to about four chances which were all brought great saves out of the home goalkeeper. Watched the first half with Burnley Man.

At half time the home side lead 2-0.

The only real surprise of the first half was that London Lions only scored one more goal. They should have won this game by at least five or six.

A clip from this game has been uploaded onto You Tube at:

Edited by Karen Browne

0-1 Wolverton Town v MK Don XI

It appears we had one very unhappy groundhopper in attendance as seen by his comments on another forum

Pre Season Friendly 7.30pm

Wolverton Town 0 Milton Keynes Dons XI 1 att.180 est

£2 Admission, including 12 page programme.

This was absolute crap and backs up all those who knock friendlies for being nothing more than a kick about in the sun. Wolverton were pathetic and hard to remember if they had a genuine effort on goal.

MK Dons U12's got the only goal with a free kick in the first quarter of an hour and spent the rest of the match being caught offside.

First friendly this season that has been a total waste of time attending............i can hear the chuckles from Cheshire and Suffolktongue.gif.

Pitch was excellent and had barriers down the clubhouse side with the other 3 sides roped off. Mobile burger bar present as well as a brass band, which seemed a strange thing to have at a friendly against such low key opposition.

Not sure what he expected, this was all about a celebration on how far we have come in the last 12 months since we took over the premises, Ourselves and MK Dons saw the game a lot different and one negative comment as opposed to all the positive ones received while it does make me angry at least he said the pitch was good. . I have looked at the his previous posts on that board and he rarely seems happy but hey ho the amount of games he travels to he must not be getting any :( sorry have nothing better to do.

Adie,

Glad to see you are giving your club's account, you all must be congratulated in how far you have come in the past twelve months. Good Luck to you and all at the club for 2012-13.

And the MK Don's Views

MK Dons Xl edge Wolves in pre-season friendly

printButton.png emailButton.png

Created on 25 July 2012

rsz_east_stand.jpgWhilst the senior side was across the water in Ireland taking on Whitehall Rangers, a Dons Xl comprised of academy and under 16 players supplemented by three trialists took on local side Wolverton Town. The game was decided by a well taken free-kick after about 15 minutes by Kelvin Ossei-Addu. Both sides had chances but the 1-0 victory to the Dons was a fair reflection of the game after the Dons enjoyed the lions share of the possesion with some top draw passing and movement.

The Dons side was; Charlie Burns, Ben Grant, Jon Osae, Craig Williams (Liverpool trialist), Remy Forrester, Luke Tingey, Kelvin Osei-Addu, Kyran Wiltshire, Georgie Rashico, Will Summerfield, Emmanuel Dahie. (French trialist), Amiel King, Kabongo Tshimanga, Ben Tilney, Matt Foster and Elie Da Costa (French trialist).

Another View.

MK Dons team;

1. Charlie Burns.

2. Ben grant.

3. Jon Osae

4. Craig Williams. (Liverpool trialist)

5. Remy Forrester.

6. Luke Tingey.

7. Kelvin Osei-Addu.

8. Kyran Wiltshire.

9. Georgie Rashico.

10. Will Summerfield.

11. Emmanuel Dahie. (French trialist)

12. Amiel King.

13. Kabongo Tshimanga.

14. Ben Tilney.

15. Matt Foster.

!6. Elie Da Costa (French trialist)

Before the game I spoke to Mike Dove and he kindly wrote out the team list on my programme, I hope I haven't spelt too many of the names incorrectly.

A very impressive performance from what was a mixture of Under 16's, Under 18's accademy players and 3 trialists (one of which, Craig Williams, looked very useful until he went off with what looked like a groin injury).

The game was decided by a well taken free-kick after about 15 minutes by Kelvin Ossei-Addu. Both sides had chances but the result was a fair reflection of the game, the Dons enjoyed the lions share of the possesion and I have to say some of the passing and movement was top draw, rather like our first team! icon_e_biggrin.gif All of these players are a credit to the club and i'm sure if they continue to work hard they will all play football at a reasonable level in the future.

Pre-Season Friendly

London Lions 3 Hertford Town 0

At Maccabi Sports Ground, Rowley Lane Sports Association, 3G ptich

Rowley Lane, Arkley

Admission, £3

£3 to watch a pre-season game on a 3G pitch :unsure: and not even a team sheet :huh:

Edited by Savagebee

Thursday 26 July

5-1 Kentish Town v St Lawrence

My second PSF saw me at a sultry Page Street as Kentish Town took on St Lawrence. As the scoreline suggest it was a comfortable win for the SSML team who controlled all areas of the pitch.

On this showing I would expect Kentish Town to comfortably finish mid table, possibly higher depending on what other players they have to bring in.

Can you go that extra mile and chase up some of the missing results with all your contacts and resources?

Well as far as I can see only Chalfont Wasps v Aston Clinton, Aston Clinton v Kings Langly and Southall v Hounslow Wanderers are missing so that's not bad going, you've done a great job!

It would be easier if these Clubs could update their websites on a regular basis.

Edited by petethegreek

Peter

More Updates

Saturday 28th July

Kent Athletic v Oxhey Jets (Tenby Drive, Luton) (Kick Off 3.00pm)

Olney Town Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

You can delete the Holmer Green v Olney Town fixture (you have it listed at being played at both venues, the game takes place at Olney Town)

Saturday 4th August should read

Wolverton Town v Olney Town Reserves

Saturday 11th August

Olney Town Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

Changes have been noted. Thanks.

As I have stated earlier, I'm only going to include teams participated in the 3 Divisions of the SSML.

Ampthill town 1st team are playing harpenden on the 4th

What happened to Ampthill Town v Luton Town XI on 4 August?

Edited by petethegreek

I thought I see a message on this forum a couple of weeks ago saying it had changed , then some one put harpenden v ampthill town res , after the message ?

You could be correct. I'll keep an eye on it.

Saturday 28 July

Feltham v Southall (tbc)

New Fixture: Broadfields v Southall ( 3G Pitch Hillingdon Borough FC )

Hamworthy United 2 Hanwell Town 4