Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Results

Thats a good score v provisional club for ampthill we think

No13 - Don't get too excited as it was only MK Dons Academy side:

Pre-Season Friendlies - Academy

Wednesday 25th July at 7.30pm

Wolverton Town 0-1 MK Dons

Saturday 28th July at 10.45am

QPR v MK Dons

Wednesday 1st August at 7.30pm

Ampthill Town v MK Dons

Saturday 4th August at 11.00am

Barnet v MK Dons

Thats a good score v provisional club for ampthill we think

No13 - Don't get too excited as it was only MK Dons Academy side:

Pre-Season Friendlies - Academy

Wednesday 25th July at 7.30pm

Wolverton Town 0-1 MK Dons

Saturday 28th July at 10.45am

QPR v MK Dons

Wednesday 1st August at 7.30pm

Ampthill Town v MK Dons

Saturday 4th August at 11.00am

Barnet v MK Dons

Sorry but what does that meen academeny is it a new team

X man - What are you talking about, I was simply pointing out that Ampthill Town played an MK Dons Academy XI last night that's all

X man - But you said that I was ‘a sad sad man’ for stating fact which is unfair, I wasn’t taking anything away from Ampthill Town who must have played well last night to draw with an MK Dons Academy XI

X man - But you said that I was ‘a sad sad man’ for stating fact which is unfair, I wasn’t taking anything away from Ampthill Town who must have played well last night to draw with an MK Dons Academy XI

Why is you not liked mr rhides why are people not nice to you I think mr x man should nice to you before he maybe punches your lites out I think the good lord would like that

Here it is, I can't believe I've beaten Karen to the punch:

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Ampthill-share-spoils-with-Dons-XI-02082012.htm

Ampthill share spoils with Dons XI

BY TOM SHARP

Ampthill Town 2

MK Dons XI 2

Newly promoted, Ampthill Town showed they will be a match for most come the start of the season after holding an MK Dons XI to a lively 2-2 draw at Woburn Park.

Town, who start their competitive campaign away to AFC Dunstable in the first round of FA Cup qualifying a week on Saturday fought from a goal down to take a share of the spoils.

Goals from the superb Michael McKenzie and newly signed youngster Freddie Talabi did the damage for Craig Bicknell’s boys either side of half-time and in truth should be disappointed they did not claim the victory after McKenzie’s stunning second-half display.

The A’s started with a flourish and McKenzie’s energetic running early on was to be a key theme of the match. Despite the striker’s initial threat, it was the youthful Dons that looked most comfortable in the opening fifteen minutes with swift movement and passing, exposing space afforded to them by Town but with little outcome.

The League One side’s makeshift line-up showed they were not short on confidence in any areas as defence turned attack regularly. Left-back, Elie Da Costa scuffed his shot when unopposed in the box shortly before centre-back Remi Forrester shot just wide after good work from Igor Coronado to Ampthill’s relief.

At the other end, the hosts experimental front three of last season’s goal machine, Tyrone Taylor, McKenzie and Talabi looked dangerous on the counter-attack. 17 year-old Talabi, signed along with left-back, Harold Prempeh after both were released by Peterborough United, outmuscled Forrester but could not find a cross for Taylor.

As the game wore on, it was still Dons who were creating the better opportunities and in the 26th minute, they grabbed a deserved lead in the simplest fashion. An early release from goalie, Charlie Burns allowed Mason Spence to find forward, Hugo Logan down the right channel and his well-executed side foot pass across the face of goal allowed his strike partner, Kelvin Osei-Addo to tuck home easily from fifteen yards.

From the restart, Town responded well and should have made more of a McKenzie cross after a neat reverse pass from Taylor but no-one gambled and the chance went astray.

However, Dons’ opening goal had seemed to spark Ampthill into life and just after the half-hour mark, parity was restored. Taladi and Taylor’s little and large show combined well but breaking with tradition, it was large finding little with a perfect cross from the right as Taladi headed home from close range.

The A’s hustled for more goals before half-time and Taylor almost found the net with a header of his own in the 38th minute but instead grazed the post.

Town’s goal scorer was replaced at the start of the second period by Danny Nicholls but Ampthill’s buoyant battling up front continued, not least from McKenzie. His one-man show began in the 51st minute as he hit the inside of Burns’ post after great work from right-back, Paul Ericson.

The former Bedford Town striker continued to show why Ampthill missed him for much of last season due to a leg injury as his pace caused many a problem for the inexperienced Dons’ backline. His goal-scoring reward was to come in the 68th minute as he was again too hot to handle for the visitors. A beautifully weighted pass from Prompeh found McKenzie with only the keeper to beat and with a cool head, he rounded Burns and slotted in from 18 yards.

With a 2-1 advantage, and the inspired McKenzie, Bicknell’s men relentlessly pursued more goals. Cue the in-form striker once more as he was felled in the area after a straight-forward throw by Prompeh. If there is a chink in McKenzie’s armour however it could well be penalty-taking. After missing several spot-kicks last campaign, this one was expertly tipped around the post by Burns.

If the penalty had been dispatched, Town could have perhaps breathed a sigh of relief on a job well done but Dons’ midfielder, Giorgio Rasulo had other ideas as he chipped the ball over Tom Kennard’s sprawling body after Coronado’s defence-splitting pass.

The away side’s superior fitness was beginning to tell as Town clung onto a decent draw. Osei-Addo shot wide in the 81st minute and shortly after Rasulo failed to double his tally, this time firing straight at Kennard.

The final act of a compelling game saw Ampthill substitute, Danny Nicholls blaze over from three yards, after being picked out by the magnificent McKenzie. With the game tied at the end of normal time, an arranged penalty shootout completed a satisfying evening for both teams. It also allowed Nicholls to recoup a little repute as he slotted home the winning penalty for Ampthill and show McKenzie how it’s done in an otherwise flawless display from Town’s second-half hero.

McKenzie has played Conf. He is quality. If he is on it no one will get near him, he's literally out of this league, kudos to CB for attracting that type of player most of their team are more than good enough for Southern League. Top 4 finish for Ampthil is my prediction.

Your right wb , but after speaking with some ampthill people last night cb has got big problems for the first 3 games as his keeper and Mckenzie and 3 other first team players are on holiday . Good news for both Dunstable teams lol

Your right wb , but after speaking with some ampthill people last night cb has got big problems for the first 3 games as his keeper and Mckenzie and 3 other first team players are on holiday . Good news for both Dunstable teams lol

I'm sure he has got others waiting to prove themselves, he has got together a great squad testament to his man management and passion