Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Results

Broadfields United 1 Southall 4

Groundhoppers View's

Wolverton Town 0 Raunds 1 Pre-season friendly.

Admission- none

Programme - free

Tea 50p

h/c 40

A big thank you to Wolverton Town from Kempsters who organised 3 programmes behind the bar for our little group of hoppers. After a trouble free jouney down the M1 in the non-league pre-season friendly only lane it was easy to find The New Park home of Wolverton. This club are new comers to the South Midlands League Division 2 but I think will be a real asset to the league. At the moment the ground is rather basic( although the pitch is superb). Dug outs are going up and a post and rail will be up very soon. The club officlas made us feel very welcome and even provided us with team sheets. The game itself was OK. The main problem was the home team having nothing up front. Wolverton never looked like scoring although they played well. Raunds took the lead after 53 minutes. A header crashed against the bar and a Raunds player reacted quickest to put the ball in to the net. Raunds could have added more goals, but the home keeper made several good saves. A 1-0 win to Raunds was a fair result. From watching this game I predict a mid-table season for Raunds, but maybe a struggle for Wolverton unless they find a striker from somewhere- but hey what do I know? This is a club I'd strongly recommend hoppers visit if you want a warm welcome and a programme.

2. Saturday 28 July 2012 – Herts Charity Shield – Attendance: tba

Berkhamsted (yellow and blue sleeves/blue/blue) 3 – 2 Harpenden Town (red/red/red)

Scorers: Berkhampsted (Calcutt 21, 33, Bunker 27) – Harpenden Town (tbc 47, tbc 67)

Pitch: well presented – Weather: dry, warm and sunny

Tabby set himself the task of haranguing Berkhamsted’s programme editor. He often sticks his paw in when it’s not required, but on this occasion his paper chase was triumphant and that was good news. Berkhamsted eased to a three goal lead by half-time with a double strike from Connor Calcutt and a single from Lawrence Bunker who hit a blockbuster, straight and just under the crossbar. Harpenden Town’s replies were both headers, not long after Tabby had declared that the visitor’s would not score. Tabby’s litter tray is now well lined with Berkhamsted football programmes. Star Man: Lawrence Bunker (Berkhamsted)

Café or Pub: Rising Sun P.H. Canalside, George Street, Berkhamsted (7/10)

Edited by Karen Browne

Saturday 28 July

Kentish Town v London Colney (postponed)

Any idea why this one was called off at short notice

Think London Colney had issues with the pitch and the finances demanded of them. Not sure though so don't wanna start a barney.

Anyway, they played us instead and Hoddesdon Town ran out 3 - 2 winners.

Think London Colney had issues with the pitch

That sounds familiar!

Saturday 28 July

So who are St Peters (Colney Heath) who played Hale Leys?

They are in the Herts Senior County League Div One. They ground share at Colney Heath and have changed their name this season from just St Peters.

Saturday 28 July

So who are St Peters (Colney Heath) who played Hale Leys?

They are in the Herts Senior County League Div One. They ground share at Colney Heath and have changed their name this season from just St Peters.

HTFCew- Thanks

Think London Colney had issues with the pitch

That sounds familiar!

Are you saying that London Colney are fussing with what pitch they play on?

Think London Colney had issues with the pitch and the finances demanded of them. Not sure though so don't wanna start a barney.

Anyway, they played us instead and Hoddesdon Town ran out 3 - 2 winners.

Jonno

I have stated on the other thread that the only finances "demanded" (your word not mine) from London Colney was for them to pay the officials.

Nellie, it's really not my argument, I was quoting from someone who posted who seemed to be linked to LC.

Leave me out of it.

Nellie, it's really not my argument, I was quoting from someone who posted who seemed to be linked to LC.

Leave me out of it.

No lets all get Jonno!' I heard he wrote to the SFA and dobbed Rangers in it, I heard he defrauded a granny to get Hoddy's budget this year, and someone told me he was seen on the grassy knoll.

I'm only asking whether London Colney are mice or men that's all

I'm only asking whether London Colney are mice or men that's all

What did you think when they sorted you out that time? Were you thrown out by little mice? Don't say much for you. Lol ;-)