Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Results

All added, Karen. Thanks.

Did you go through the two lists I posted yesterday with a fine tooth comb and see if there were any SSML additions

Saturday 21 July

2-2, 3-5 (pens) Leverstock Green v Welwyn Garden City (Herts Charity Shield)

http://www.levgreenf...m.php?Item=0809

I expect Karen is over the moon today, a report from another Forum:

Herts Charity Shield, Round 1

Leverstock Green 2 Vs. 2 *Welwyn Garden City

Welwyn Garden City won 5-3 on penalties

Admission: £5

Attendance: 50-60

*Welwyn Garden City replaced Broxbourne in this match after Broxbourne dropped two divisions and, presumably, became ineligible for the competition.

This was my first match of the season and turned out to be quite a decent match - very decent for this early in the year. The first half was bland, but not boring. I feared for a time that the match would end 0-0 after the blandness continued into the second half, with neither team really imposing themselves on the game. However, Welwyn took the lead between 20 and 25 minutes, only to lose it straight away when Leverstock scored with a stunning goal from about twenty-seven yards. From there the game livened up and became end-to-end. Both teams had chances, but it looked like Welwyn would win it when they scored at about the 85 minute mark. It wasn't to end like that though as, once again, Welwyn failed to hold on and Leverstock equalised once more at 88 minutes. No extra time, so we went straight to penalties. Welwyn went first and scored, Leverstock missed their first and never recovered. Welwyn scored all five to win 5-3.

My first trip to Leverstock and not a bad little place. If I'd've known the 301 bus ran past the bottom of the road all the way to Stevenage I wouldn't have caught the train and walked the 2.9 miles from the station. I caught the bus home. Never mind, it was my own fault and I'll know for next time.

The ground is basic, yet tidy. Hardstanding all the way around, one seating area on the far side (from the entrance), but no other stand. Clubhouse comes complete with sofas, but I've no idea whether they're comfortable or not as I didn't linger. There's bucket loads of room for expansion/building new stands on three sides of the ground should the need ever arise.

All added, Karen. Thanks.

Did you go through the two lists I posted yesterday with a fine tooth comb and see if there were any SSML additions

I thought I would leave it to you knowing how meticulous you are with these things.

Let me know if you find any new fixtures.

Sunday 22 July

1-8 AFC Dunstable v Northwood

:blink:

Saturday 21 July

2-2 Haringey Borough v Tilbury

This turned out to be my first PSF of the season at the soon to be palatial Coles Park.

Reports on the game are accurate. Tilbury scored their first goal as Haringey Borough were too concerned in arguing the legality of a free kick outside their penalty area rather than defending the danger.

The visitors extended their advantage when a misplaced pass was intercepted by a Tilbury player who saw his cross from out wide on the right flank turn into a shot as it lobbed over the hosts' keeper and nestle into the back of the net.

Haringey Borough kept plugging away and leveled the match with two penalties, the first for a hand ball and the second for a trip.

Back to the palatial bit.

Had a chat with various Club Officials about the work going on.

The Club house had been demolished and a new building is beginning to take shape. The dressing rooms for both teams and referees plus a female referees dressing room is almost complete under the stand. The boardroom remains in the same place but a bigger boardroom has been incorporated into the plans for the club house. Bar and function room plus handicap toilets to be built as well.

Another stand to the left of the current seating area is being built for standing spectators. The entrance may be moved for possible use of turnstiles. The shrubbery around the perimeter of the pitch has been cleared. The car park will be covered by either concrete or tarmac.

There is also work being done on the pitch and the perennial problem with the drainage is being addressed.

I think the ground grading may shoot up to Conference standard.

Not bad for a Club that is often chastised on this forum by a certain individual.

The Sileby squad are virtually all of the long buckby ucl prem winning team, manager and chairman as well.

They have a budget so I was told of a grand a week and they are likely to win Div 1 at a stroll and go on and win the prem the season after. They now have the faculties for promotion to step 4.

I watched them at ampthill and although it was an even game for an hour they stepped it up and came out comfortable and deserved winners after ampthill changed their tram for the last half hour. They are a very very good team with players from steps 4&5 a bit of a mismatch In ucl 1

Had a chat with various Club Officials about the work going on.

The Club house had been demolished and a new building is beginning to take shape. The dressing rooms for both teams and referees plus a female referees dressing room is almost complete under the stand. The boardroom remains in the same place but a bigger boardroom has been incorporated into the plans for the club house. Bar and function room plus handicap toilets to be built as well.

Another stand to the left of the current seating area is being built for standing spectators. The entrance may be moved for possible use of turnstiles. The shrubbery around the perimeter of the pitch has been cleared. The car park will be covered by either concrete or tarmac.

There is also work being done on the pitch and the perennial problem with the drainage is being addressed.

I think the ground grading may shoot up to Conference standard.

Not bad for a Club that is often chastised on this forum by a certain individual.

Sounds good.

A nice club.

Wednesday 25 July

Southall v Hounslow Wanderers ( Post Office Club)

This game will now be played at Swift Road Southall, Kick Off 7:30.

Feltham v Southall

This game is tbc

Leverstock Green 2 Welwyn Garden City 2

Match report - http://www.whtimes.c...rce=twitterfeed

Did Kevin Gallen play ;)

Currently 2-0 down but far from what will be our first team. No goalkeeper either today. Some of the young lads doing ok apparently. 90+ in attendance but Ducks fans are a faithfull bunch and travel well and it's only down the road.

Edited by Winslow Boy