Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A Question?

To the Honourable Mr.Whitelaw and the CCL Committee.

Have Guernsey FC,Contacted you as regards their proposals to Live stream all their Home and Away fixtures in Season 2012/13 on Guernsey TV?

Have you given permission for this to happen,do you need to give permission?

Being an ardent supporter of the CCL over the last 3 seasons,I feel we as supporters.. have a right to know.HAS A DEAL BEEN STRUCK?

He may not but if you have a player under the age of 18 playing in any game that is being streamed Guernsey will require permission from the opposing club who would have sought it from the parents/guardian of the player. I would presume the CCL committee have this covered because they are very dilligent on the stuff they do.

we need to protect our children not expose them, if they are filming which is good coverage for ccl albeit probably only in guernsey then each club should be contacted before season starts for parental/guardian approval!!

Ryman League rules clearly state that the League owns the right to televised football. One assumes it's the same in the CCL and Smudge's question is I suspect perfectly valid therefore. I'd have thought GFC would however have been sensible enough to have approached the League - I can't believe they're that stupid or arrogant not to.

Surely its a fairly simple question for someone to answer and could stop all of these rumours quickly?

Q: Has GFC contacted the League and clubs

A: Yes/No

Edited by HKP

Question for Smudge: Why do you assume [as an ardent supporter] to have any rights to this information ?

Windsor Sec,everyone concerned with this League on this Forum,can ask Questions surely.Whether they get answered is another question.Maybe you can answer regards Windsor FC,or is it taboo to discuss League matters.No good going on the CCL Official Website,as has not been updated.

Guernsey have contacted us and discussed this. We will be contacted soon by the people planning to film the games. I believe there will be the opportunity for the teams playing in Guernsey to have their own game streamed live into their club house for those that are unable to make the trip over to Guernsey.

Guernsey have contacted us and discussed this. We will be contacted soon by the people planning to film the games. I believe there will be the opportunity for the teams playing in Guernsey to have their own game streamed live into their club house for those that are unable to make the trip over to Guernsey.

Good to know. I assume all clubs/leagues/fa's do know about this then in advance which is fair enough.

But of course your Team will not be playing on that day at home,and if they are a pointless exercise.Guernsey have average attendances 1400,lets say 50 travel,that leaves 1350 at home in Guernsey,if 1000 sign up nice little earner £3000 a month.They will not bother to support the Priaulx on matchdays,therefore knocking their Revenue down,similar for the Rugby Club,you cant be in 2 places at the same time can you.Thanks for posting Spark 100,at least it has got the ball rolling.

Guernsey have contacted the League. The matter has not come before the Management Committee as yet but as they were perfectly happy with Wembley arranging for filming and there is no league rule that I can see that would be contravened I have conveyed to them that I can see no objection.

The proviso is, of course, that every club is in control of its own ground and therefore they have a perfect right not to allow any filming if they have concerns for whatever reason. They can also apply whatever conditions they wish before giving approval, which in turn Guernsey can either accept or decline. I have also advised Guernsey to check with the FA that there is no objection.

I will not be commenting further as I will soon be knee deep in fixtures. If anyone has a genuine objection, they should speak to their Club Secretary who could then raise the matter officially with the League.

I

Thanks for the reply Alan,so all Clubs have been contacted by the League and asked their views? Yet the Management Committee have not even discussed it yet,or given approval to the project.Seems like the Tail wagging the Dog here surely.

Edited by Smudge

Thank you Mr Whitelaw for hopefully closing yet another attempt to bring Guernsey into some kind of bad light. Everyone should know by now that Guernsey do things correctly, nothing is sent to the media without full investigation and communication

I didnt think about the angle of the English clubs being able to watch thier sides in Guernsey without travelling so that is excellent, another service for CCL supporters provided by GFC!

Now do us all a favour Smudge go off and find something else to do

As though I am going to take any notice of you Guru,we live in a democracy,well at least we did.Guernsey have not got approval for this idea yet,as Whitelaw said'It has to go before the CCL Management Committee first'.Yet they have jumped the Gun,in announcing it will start on the 4th August 2012,without the League knowing if the F.A. WOULD APPROVE IT,or if it contravened any Rules.How can the CCL APPROVE IT WITHOUT CHECKING OUT THE RULES.Ludicrous!!!!However would advise all Clubs to forget the carrot,of MAYBE streaming their AWAY game to their Clubhouse,and opt for a set rate Fee of £200 everytime they are featured Live on Guernsey T.V,This would go someway to paying your League Membership Fee.