Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Message to Guernsey People.

Smudge

One of your posters on here has, as his avatar,'People do not buy the Sun',Well I will give you some advice free of charge,DO NOT BUY 'THE GUERNSEY PRESS'reason their article about WINDSOR FC,in todays Edition,could not be further from the truth,than if NICE GUY had written it himself.The person who penned the article is a disgrace to Guernsey as a Country,and shows Guernsey FC in a poor light,HE SHOULD BE SACKED IMMEDIATELY,for not checking out his facts,and give a FULL APOLOGY in the Paper to the Chairman of Windsor FC.Anything less will not be acceptable in my eyes,GUTTER PRESS = GUERNSEY PRESS?

Edited by Smudge

I fully agree, Smudgie-Boy.

I have posted my response on GP, but to date, they have not deemed it fit enough to publish.

It was NOT rude, but a truthful view of what I took to be irresponsible reporting.

I really feel that Kevin Stott should respond.

In fact - I'm going to ring him now.

To compare the Press article to the S*n, is rather insulting to the ninety-six victims of the Hillsborough disaster and is a complete over reaction.

A made up article,taken from different sources,without checking facts is GUTTER PRESS.Exactly what the reporter did with that article.So for that they are very much like the Sun.Pick a bit here,a bit there,them make up a story that is not true.BROKE was the word that got me,Guernsey are broke without massive Sponsorship from Sportingbet.WINDSOR ARE NOT.

For what I hope are obvious reasons (the loss of 96 football fans who went to a game of football only to lose their lives) I totally agree with HKP. The reporting in today's Guernsey Press may have been incorrect but to equate that to the lies that were printed in that rag 23 years ago cannot and should not be compared.

Just for the record, GP have now published my short comment, so there isn't any press censorship on the Island after all !

Now im a pretty laid back guy but this has really rubbed me up the wrong way. To even put these two on anywhere the same level shows a complete lack of knowledge or respect on why John-M has do not buy the sun in his avatar. To accuse a clubs own fans (friends & family) of killing thier own supporters is disgusting beyond belief. To write a slightly wrong story regarding a non league football club not having money anymore is just bad reporting nothing more.

Anybody seen Nice Guy today?

Never liked most of the red-top newspapers.

As Jasper Carrott once said, you can use them as 'magic eye' books - move them away from your eyes and very slowly you will see a great big pile of s***!

Now im a pretty laid back guy but this has really rubbed me up the wrong way. To even put these two on anywhere the same level shows a complete lack of knowledge or respect on why John-M has do not buy the sun in his avatar. To accuse a clubs own fans (friends & family) of killing thier own supporters is disgusting beyond belief. To write a slightly wrong story regarding a non league football club not having money anymore is just bad reporting nothing more.

Thank you injuryprone

John

Thanks Smudge totally agree. I sincerely hope for a printed apology but I very much doubt it. JR it appears my message on their site has been censored as have a few other annoyed Windsor fans! Ps anyone bringing Hillsborough into this subject is low this is about a guernsey newspaper printing made up crap about a football club nothing whatsoever about one of this country's worst football disasters so don't be low and bring that into this thread.

Smudge, your reaction is akin to a hack writing for the gutter press. Admittedly, the article is inaccurate, however you have not seen the full piece as the Press's website only allows you to view this when you subscribe. Perhaps Rob Batiste went on to justify his statements later on with fact. I have no idea, however, you comparing the Sun with the GP is completely insensitive. You just seem intent on stirring up sh*t recently rather than provoking debate.

One of your posters on here has, as his avatar,'People do not buy the Sun',Well I will give you some advice free of charge,DO NOT BUY 'THE GUERNSEY PRESS'reason their article about WINDSOR FC,in todays Edition,could not be further from the truth,than if NICE GUY had written it himself.The person who penned the article is a disgrace to Guernsey as a Country,and shows Guernsey FC in a poor light,HE SHOULD BE SACKED IMMEDIATELY,for not checking out his facts,and give a FULL APOLOGY in the Paper to the Chairman of Windsor FC.Anything less will not be acceptable in my eyes,GUTTER PRESS = GUERNSEY PRESS?

I'm a Windsor fan but this is so OTT it's ridiculous.

It's a poor piece but small-time sports journalists do not generally check their facts - they just pull info from whatever sources they can find - mainly Twitter, Facebook and Forums and cobble something together making sure to cover their backsides with a word or 2 like "supposed", "apparently" or "it is understood".

There's nothing libelous in there, just a shoddy bit of work.

Smudge, your reaction is akin to a hack writing for the gutter press. Admittedly, the article is inaccurate, however you have not seen the full piece as the Press's website only allows you to view this when you subscribe. Perhaps Rob Batiste went on to justify his statements later on with fact. I have no idea, however, you comparing the Sun with the GP is completely insensitive. You just seem intent on stirring up sh*t recently rather than provoking debate.

Ormering,I have read the whole piece that John Redrock kindly posted on the Windsor Forum.Tony Vance's comments as well.As for stirring up sh*t,I only reported what I had read.

Ormering - I have read the full article and he does not go on to justify his statements. I think this journalist is the one that is stirring the $hit. I personally have never said anything negative about Guernsey and have welcomed them into the league. My opinions on this piece is nothing to do with Guernsey FC but this is very much gutter journalism by your local newspaper jumping to a conclusion and stating that a football club has gone broke. If our local journalist had stated in our local paper that Guernsey had had gone broke I'm sure your many supporters would voice their disapproval and anger, and rightly so. A lot of people at Windsor FC have put in huge amounts of work to build a new football club working tireless hours. We now have 36 teams that's a huge achievement in a year and a half. So to hear we have suddenly gone 'broke' is an insult to all the people that have worked very, very hard to build a football club. If your local paper has any decency that will print an apology and state that we have merely made a decision to not pay our first team players as is the case with a number of other teams, including yourselves by all accounts, in this division who have not gone 'broke'.