Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Badshot Lea v Leiston

In The Know

Unbelievable today........ Even 1st half with both sides having chances. On 39 mins Leiston were awarded a penalty, although it was hard to see how the handball was deliberate. Heath scored. 1-0 HT

2nd Half and Leiston started well. On 58 they doubled their advantage. Wray scoring with a header from a corner. As the players were coming back to the centre circle a brawl started. Punches were clearly thrown. 3 players booked, 2 from Lesiton. This seemed to inspire the home side. On 67 Ryan Scott scored a fantastic goal past Danny Potter from 25 yards. This gave the home side belief. 3 minutes later Darren Blake went down the right wing and crossed for Matt Griffiths to slide in and equalise. Badshot Lea now had the visitors worried and were unsettling them.On 75 mins Darren Blake again went down the right wing and crossed superbly for Adam Cornell to head his side into the lead. Badshot Lea sniffed victory and on 79 mins scored theor 4th. A shot by sub Brad Smith was well saved by Potter but Darren Blake deservedly slotted home to send the home supporters into ecstasy. Proud of every single one of the players and management today. The never say die attitude got us through like it did against Folkestone in the last round. We have now made club history by getting to the 3rd Qualifying Round. Let's see what Monday's draw holds. I am going for a lie down after that but maybe I might just have a few more beers first. On behalf of my club, I would like to thank everyone who has wished us well, it is appreciated.

Conference South sides are in it, but Conference Prem sides don't enter until the 4th qualifying. Farnborough are out, beaten by Eastleigh but Basingstoke are still in. Some possibilities for big away days, with the likes of Dover, Lowestoft, Maidstone still in. Other possibles are Maidenhead & Salisbury. Smaller sides left such as Blackfield & Langley, North Leigh, Waltham Forest & Chalfont St Peter.

Difficult to know what's best, home draw against one of the smaller sides in the hope you win and get drawn away to Luton next up or a big crowd and payday away at a big Connie South side.

This is a fantastic achievement !!! Well done all at the club. I remember watching them v Dorking at meadowbank possibly last game of last season. Looked absolute dog shite, management looked clueless and players on each others backs for 90 minutes. I suppose you'll tell me that it's all the same personnel !!!!! Fingers crossed for a decent scoop from the hat.

Padlock, thanks for that. Massive changes from last season. New Management Team.7 new additions over the summer, some of whom have returned to the club. The one thing that I would say we have in abundance from last year is Team Spirit or to quote the manager "Teamwork makes the Dream Work"

Padlock, thanks for that. Massive changes from last season. New Management Team.7 new additions over the summer, some of whom have returned to the club. The one thing that I would say we have in abundance from last year is Team Spirit or to quote the manager "Teamwork makes the Dream Work"

Good stuff, again congrats and best wishes for this cup and the league this season.