Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best Striker

played one game with marcus bent an against him when young. mark nicholls was decent i played against him jus as he was signing for racing santander , an id have to say jay coombes the best finisher ive come across by a mile at 28/9 he was on trial at qpr an was beating the established strikers at qpr in all training drills with shooting involved

whether they would or not only they know saying that i know players who've played in games for pro clubs had an absolute worldy an still a no your not what were looking for an that was there first time with the club, but as you say fantastic at that age to even be considered for a trial it also probably helped his sister is married to rufus brevett lol but he wasnt at the qpr at the time it was through someone else he got the chance!!

Ha ha I remember when I was 14 Rufus took a training session at a club I was at and I said to him look I have the same boots as you and he cut me down in one sentence.... "yeah but I got mine for free"

John Lester was the best forward I've ever played with he had pace and strength and a ricket shot, at 42 he could still get into most teams as hes as fit as a fiddle, Coombsy scoring record was excellent i might add.

Eddie Newton was the best I've ever played against, when i was playing for Middlesex under 18 we had Lee Charles and Andrew Impey in the side and they were both good players and both had professional careers, Impey in the prem.

I used to play with Jamie Redknapp in the summer holidays when we were kids as he was mates with my pal, he was superb.

Ha ha I remember when I was 14 Rufus took a training session at a club I was at and I said to him look I have the same boots as you and he cut me down in one sentence.... "yeah but I got mine for free"

funny that he used to play summer tournaments with us always turned up with jus a pair of boots borrowed everything else lol

jus for lammas so yes bob regardless of level that is a tremendous return he played at faversham with me scored goals that was step 5 he was at various other clubs tring an camberley to name a couple

hes at knaphill dalts jus playing ressies still scoring though doesnt play as much anymore plays sundays still in middlx prem for stanwell

John Lester was the best forward I've ever played with he had pace and strength and a ricket shot, at 42 he could still get into most teams as hes as fit as a fiddle, Coombsy scoring record was excellent i might add.

Eddie Newton was the best I've ever played against, when i was playing for Middlesex under 18 we had Lee Charles and Andrew Impey in the side and they were both good players and both had professional careers, Impey in the prem.

I used to play with Jamie Redknapp in the summer holidays when we were kids as he was mates with my pal, he was superb.

what about martin ferney ex fulham you played with him at staines town to phil