Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

5PM kick offs Smudge in midweek that way players only lose 1 day thats providing they can catch the last plane .......................just a thought

Last flight with Aurigny leaves Guernsey at 6pm.

Simple just schedule Guernsey at home every Saturday and play all away games midweek

That would have have financial consequences for GFC though with the added expense of staying over. Plus the fact that players employers would not be happy with the amount of time off requsted by players. So Guernsey would no doubt have to field weakened teams. I know it would be the same IF a midweek match was played in Guernsey but at least that is just one match for the visitors rather than around a dozen for Guernsey. Some sort of resolution needs to be found that is fair to ALL concerned.

Love having

That would have have financial consequences for GFC though with the added expense of staying over. Plus the fact that players employers would not be happy with the amount of time off requsted by players. So Guernsey would no doubt have to field weakened teams. I know it would be the same IF a midweek match was played in Guernsey but at least that is just one match for the visitors rather than around a dozen for Guernsey. Some sort of resolution needs to be found that is fair to ALL concerned.

Hate to say this as loved our trip there and have really enjoyed Guernsey being in the league but............ thats your problem not ours. Every club was told you had the finances to solve these problems if they ever arose

The root cause of the problem appears to be that GFC do not have control of Footes Lane - if they did they would be able to reschedule football matches on dates that the League dictate. GFC do not currently comply with the League rule on ground-sharing (which is what they do) shown below.

A Club may share its ground (subject to the provisions of Rule 4.12) with another club (including a club engaged in another sport) providing, in the case of any football club, the club playing in the most senior competition has priority of fixtures and, in the case of any other club, providing the Club has priority of fixtures. Ground sharing is permitted but not in order to gain promotion or to avoid relegation. In the case of dispute the Company shall have the power to accept an alternative agreement on priority.

I cannot see the Ryman or Southern Leagues allowing them to play in their Leagues without having this priority which would allow them to cancel rugby matches in favour of rearranged soccer.

We can go around in circles, what does need to happen is for the League to resolve this ASAP for the benefit of ALL concerned.

For what it's worth, today's Guernsey Press indicates that GFC secretary Mark Le Tissier hopes that an announcement on some re-arranged fixture dates is 'imminent'.

He also said that is is disappointing to lose another game to the weather but does say that he ''wouldn't call this a fixture problem. Like any team in any league, we will complete our fixture programme fine by the end of the season''.

how about Guernsey ground sharing with Horley for the midweek 'home' games?

I don't think that is workable, how about the 1,000 home supporters?

Live streaming over the internet?

Even those that have already paid up front?

From the sound of the 'Press report, all should be revealed soon...

Edited by HKP

Agreed that the League will take whatever action they see as needed and I will of course respect that decision.

l can't believe what I'm reading here! A blind man could have seen this coming. At the vote, was it stipulated that in the event of a fixture pile up that Guernsey would have to switch away games to midweek? If not, then teams will have to go out there midweek. No use complaining now, you can't just cherry pick the bits you like.

Surely we have posters on here who were involved in voting GFC into the league constitution, perhaps they can answer this? This question must therefore have been addressed prior to the vote - if not then clubs only have themselves to blame I'm afraid. GFC should not be treated any differently but I suspect that they will.