Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Smudge

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

The root cause of the problem appears to be that GFC do not have control of Footes Lane - if they did they would be able to reschedule football matches on dates that the League dictate. GFC do not currently comply with the League rule on ground-sharing (which is what they do) shown below.

A Club may share its ground (subject to the provisions of Rule 4.12) with another club (including a club engaged in another sport) providing, in the case of any football club, the club playing in the most senior competition has priority of fixtures and, in the case of any other club, providing the Club has priority of fixtures. Ground sharing is permitted but not in order to gain promotion or to avoid relegation. In the case of dispute the Company shall have the power to accept an alternative agreement on priority.

I cannot see the Ryman or Southern Leagues allowing them to play in their Leagues without having this priority which would allow them to cancel rugby matches in favour of rearranged soccer.

Trying to get a decent squad out midweek away to Guernsey is alway going to be a problem.I can see ridiculous score lines which will do other teams like Egham and Badshot no favours at all!

Will Guernsey cover loss of wages??

Not acceptable in my honest opinion

I don't think that is workable, how about the 1,000 home supporters?

We can go around in circles, what does need to happen is for the League to resolve this ASAP for the benefit of ALL concerned.

For what it's worth, today's Guernsey Press indicates that GFC secretary Mark Le Tissier hopes that an announcement on some re-arranged fixture dates is 'imminent'.

He also said that is is disappointing to lose another game to the weather but does say that he ''wouldn't call this a fixture problem. Like any team in any league, we will complete our fixture programme fine by the end of the season''.

how about Guernsey ground sharing with Horley for the midweek 'home' games?

I don't think that is workable, how about the 1,000 home supporters?

Live streaming over the internet?

Even those that have already paid up front?

From the sound of the 'Press report, all should be revealed soon...

Edited by HKP

I don't think there IS a logical workable answer.

Agreed that the League will take whatever action they see as needed and I will of course respect that decision.

l can't believe what I'm reading here! A blind man could have seen this coming. At the vote, was it stipulated that in the event of a fixture pile up that Guernsey would have to switch away games to midweek? If not, then teams will have to go out there midweek. No use complaining now, you can't just cherry pick the bits you like.

Well, I've always hated that expression, "I Told You So !!"

Surely we have posters on here who were involved in voting GFC into the league constitution, perhaps they can answer this? This question must therefore have been addressed prior to the vote - if not then clubs only have themselves to blame I'm afraid. GFC should not be treated any differently but I suspect that they will.

What about 10:00 - 10:30 kick offs on Saturdays with Rugby being played later in the day? Having the Rugby on after the football can't be an issue, its not like it matters what condition the pitch is in.

A proposal was put to us (Horley Town) a couple of weeks ago. The proposal is for us to play on a Friday evening (12th April) with another CCL team playing on the Sunday of the same weekend. We have discussed this with our players and committee and we have agreed to the proposal. I don't know if the other team have yet agreed to play on the Sunday.

It will mean players taking time off work and may also mean some regulars cannot play but i think this is preferable to going on a Tuesday?

Edited by FSB

Thanks should go to HTFC for agreeing to this. Hopefully the Sunday will not prove to be too much of a problem to the other club. For our upcoming FA Vase match, I note the visiting team are in and out the same day (Sunday)

I am sure if you were Top of the Table,you would not agree to this.Why should your Players lose money to accomodate others,Guernseys take on Home Games must be in the region of £7000,let them do the decent thing and compensate Players loss of earnings,at a minimum.Interestingly No PLAYER who could be affected by this has commented on this thread,I wonder why?Likewise do not forget the OFFICIALS have they agreed to this.

Thanks should go to HTFC for agreeing to this. Hopefully the Sunday will not prove to be too much of a problem to the other club. For our upcoming FA Vase match, I note the visiting team are in and out the same day (Sunday)

Only done this I have been told,so that they get a share of the £7000 gate receipts.Which will be more than the prize money on offer.Shrewd thinking.

What about 10:00 - 10:30 kick offs on Saturdays with Rugby being played later in the day? Having the Rugby on after the football can't be an issue, its not like it matters what condition the pitch is in.

On almost every week till then end of April when the Rugby is at home GFC are scheduled to be away. Even GFC can't be in two places at once ;)

i say kick them out of the league they keep winning everything anyway its just not fair ;)

surely they can have the pick of the island to accumalate two teams so they play sat an sun over a weekend ? it would only be for catch up once this is done go back to normal!!?

G local, I think your find the reason there is a season is so people can actually have lives as well. I'm sure many on here plan things with families to make up for lost Saturdays during the summer