Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Another secreative poster then. Hiding behind a closed door

Exactly scotty, same old sh!t different topic!

Tax dodger

Have to correct you there, I think you will find that those caught not paying their taxes are actually persons living in the UK! Perhaps we should call you a tax-dodger?

Edited by HKP

Jersey must be laughing at Guernsey

Actually the Jersey players I have spoken to are very jealous of Guernsey FC...

I'd quite happily lose a days pay to go play in guernsey again and to experience that whole journey again, simply because I love football!

Same I haven't even been once yet and won't get to either

I was wondering what happens assuming they continue to move up the leagues. Do the new leagues have to vote them in each time or is it no up to them now?

And does it get to a level where teams have to pay their own travel costs? I'm sure someone mentioned this would happen eventually but I'm not sure at what stage this was?

would you still do three times if you draw them in the cup long shot but could happen? i could my work are helpful but costs are a different matter ive two kids one of which isnt with me so costs more i have a mortgage also could i afford a possible three trips no once yes but the novelty would soon wear off! what about youth players that have broken into first team how would they afford it or players without a job!?

But the chances of getting three trips where you would need to take time off would be quite small or am I reading the last post incorrectly? The "normal" trip to Guernsey should not cost anymore than a trip to Whitley Bay in the Vase.

Edited by HKP

Guess that is true, was not sure how many meals were provided, I know there is the food after the match.

would you still do three times if you draw them in the cup long shot but could happen? i could my work are helpful but costs are a different matter ive two kids one of which isnt with me so costs more i have a mortgage also could i afford a possible three trips no once yes but the novelty would soon wear off! what about youth players that have broken into first team how would they afford it or players without a job!?

Players without a job? Well they have no job to have to get a day off from then do they?

All these things are choices. You can choose to not be available to play at this level. Just as you (not just you newbs, anyone) chooses to have a mortgage, a wife, kids, a job with flexible or non-flexible working conditions. If your team have to travel midweek to Guernsey and you can't go then your choices have led to that, it's not anyone else's fault or the end of the world, it's just one of those things.

Players without a job? Well they have no job to have to get a day off from then do they?

All these things are choices. You can choose to not be available to play at this level. Just as you (not just you newbs, anyone) chooses to have a mortgage, a wife, kids, a job with flexible or non-flexible working conditions. If your team have to travel midweek to Guernsey and you can't go then your choices have led to that, it's not anyone else's fault or the end of the world, it's just one of those things.

Might be their signing on day,cant come today,playing Semi pro Football in Guernsey,all expenses paid.That would really go down a treat.

Might be their signing on day,cant come today,playing Semi pro Football in Guernsey,all expenses paid.That would really go down a treat.

No problem as long as they declare their income, whether they are going to Guernsey or Newcastle should not make any difference to the Social.

i meant the cost issue if that happens in the future bom , an totally understand family issues i for one would pay to go im thinking as if the case is they progress an away teams have to pay i can only see resentment towards guernsey especially if clubs dont pay an players foot the bill!?

But the chances of getting three trips where you would need to take time off would be quite small or am I reading the last post incorrectly? The "normal" trip to Guernsey should not cost anymore than a trip to Whitley Bay in the Vase.

one of our players who was injured flew himself over the cost of the flight alone was £140 :o