Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BOXING DAY PREMIER FIXTURES.

Smudge

Considering the great success of the youth teams Camberley has had over the past 4-5 years, the most amazing thing is how none of them are now playing for the club. Those players are the ones that actually care about the club, because they've been there with ambitions of playing in the first team, many of them successfully doing so. Why the manager hasn't tried looking into getting some of them back to the club I have no idea. Especially when there are more than a few knocking about who would walk into a lot of combined counties teams.

Because progressing from Youth football to mens football is massive not only at Camberley but at every club,the lads that you think of as world beaters as kids are usually not up to the grade when it comes to Senior football,I wish I had a pound off of every mum/dad/guardian who have told me how good their little Johnny is only to discover they aint good enough for this level when they are given a chance.thats why most of them end up playing Sunday mornings or not at all.

Because progressing from Youth football to mens football is massive not only at Camberley but at every club,the lads that you think of as world beaters as kids are usually not up to the grade when it comes to Senior football,I wish I had a pound off of every mum/dad/guardian who have told me how good their little Johnny is only to discover they aint good enough for this level when they are given a chance.thats why most of them end up playing Sunday mornings or not at all.

But the difference is the majority of the players HAVE played at Combined Counties level and succeeded. Some went off to Hampton Richmond's reserve team (1 in their first) and others to Uni to play what is a very high and underrated standard of football, and others to other Combined Counties clubs. I'm not saying that these players will be at the top end of the scale, but if they were breaking into and starting for the Camberley first team in the previous seasons when they were challenging for the title, then surely they'd be good enough now?

its all about youth and experience my friend at one time as you have said the balance for these lads was good and the better ones would of been given a chance,I can only think that if the club let them go elsewhere then they didn't share your view, harsh but thats the way football at this level works i'm afraid.

Exactly Redders! I'll tell you now, from people I know; this summer there will be some serious players coming out of Uni who will be looking for teams who have played at very good levels and at the ages of around 21-23 they'll be dying to get snapped up and play. They rarely play over xmas as well as combined counties clubs don't normally sign up players who'll only give them 10 games a season

I always thought Camberley were one of the better sides at progressing their young players through? Remember seeing a young left winger who looked very good a few years back and a centre forward who looked very useful.

For me standard of non league football at this and Ryman level is worsening, have watched a number of Ryman and Southern division 1 games and on the whole very disappointing. Godalming and Maidstone apart I haven't seen a side that Badshot Lea, Guernsey et al couldn't beat.

I always thought Camberley were one of the better sides at progressing their young players through? Remember seeing a young left winger who looked very good a few years back and a centre forward who looked very useful.

For me standard of non league football at this and Ryman level is worsening, have watched a number of Ryman and Southern division 1 games and on the whole very disappointing. Godalming and Maidstone apart I haven't seen a side that Badshot Lea, Guernsey et al couldn't beat.

That was my point SF, Camberley have always had a few players around but never pursue in wanting to keep them there, arguably because before they could attract some very good players at this level before, but now when they really need them where are they?! The left winger could have been either Gavin Muir (who is now at Frimley Green when back from uni) or Jacob Peace (who to my knowledge was at H&R reserves). The centre forward could have either have been myself, or Matt Barclay who as stated before isn't playing at all now.

I think I know who you are now Elnino and if I'm right you found it very tough and were only a fringe player if i'm wrong then i apolagise,Gavin muir is ok we had a few uni players when i managed at ash farnham cove and frimley green only one ever shone and that was Neville Roach the rest played Reserve team football

I think I know who you are now Elnino and if I'm right you found it very tough and were only a fringe player if i'm wrong then i apolagise,Gavin muir is ok we had a few uni players when i managed at ash farnham cove and frimley green only one ever shone and that was Neville Roach the rest played Reserve team football

Simply, you were wrong. When I was at Camberley I was in the first team when part of the youth set up and started a cup final aged 16. I didn't play senior football in the second year of youth level to concentrate on my studies and went to uni. I can see why people jump at you on here Duncs with your rash assumptions, one would kindly suggest you have private conversations instead of trying to make yourself look superior on here; I for one wouldn't want to play under you.

Simply, you were wrong. When I was at Camberley I was in the first team when part of the youth set up and started a cup final aged 16. I didn't play senior football in the second year of youth level to concentrate on my studies and went to uni. I can see why people jump at you on here Duncs with your rash assumptions, one would kindly suggest you have private conversations instead of trying to make yourself look superior on here; I for one wouldn't want to play under you.

Ok so I got it wrong and I apolagise thats the problem with these stupid logins,so who are you and where are you playing now and I don't care if you want to play for me or not lol the people who jump at me are the ones who don't like the truth your not one of them are you ?

Ok so I got it wrong and I apolagise thats the problem with these stupid logins,so who are you and where are you playing now and I don't care if you want to play for me or not lol the people who jump at me are the ones who don't like the truth your not one of them are you ?

I'm playing for my university's team up in Leeds, and have been asked by several clubs up there to play in the North East Counties League, as some of my team mates play for teams in there, others play in the Northern Prem division. I'm in my final year of Uni, so football isn't a priority this year, playing twice a week and training twice a week for my uni team is more than enough for me.

Duncs I wouldn't give you the satisfaction of a chomp; if that's the biggest kick you get then I'd seriously suggest you take up a new hobby. Try darts, you can even put pictures on the darts board to give you more satisfaction