Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mansfield V Liverpool FA Cup

Me John?

Not at all ;)

The best quote of the game was:

'Has that singer from Def Leppard had a sex change?'

I was in tears!

• 2 weeks later...

They're not a bad side, however they will not be top 10 in League 2 next season.

I bet the Mayor of Simpleton is looking for a stone to crawl under at the moment or hoping, sorry, praying that the ground will open up and swallow him

Not at all Rhodes.

Mansfield have done well thus far, but League 2 is a marathon and not a sprint.

I stand by my previous assertion - in my opinion,they won't finish in the top 10.  I don't even think that their owners would expect them to - their target (like Newport) has to be survival this season.  

That is not to say a top 10 finish is not beyond them, but it would take something special.  If Mansfield can nick points off Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Oxford then maybe they can do it.

League 2 is certainly interesting this season - AFC Wimbledon 3rd and Cheltenham Town 3rd from bottom!

What a win for the Stags this afternoon at bitter rivals Chesterfield, a 1-0 win, I wonder how Carolyn reacted at full time

A very good result for The Stags, and I reckon Carolyn kissed the signed photo Rhodes has sent her at the final whistle ;)

A good result for Newport as well.

The conversation between 2 idiots continues!!

Oh I wouldn't rate Rhodes that highly Keeps.

The conversation between 2 idiots continues!!

No need to be so hard on yourself poppet ;)

Zippy - Keeps must have got out of bed the wrong side yesterday or else his lad threw a goal in, Gary Sprake and Alan Rough style, as I note that he posted when he got back home from a game.

Had far worse said to me in my time, so I'll let it go.

Doubt his lad would have done any worse than Gloucester's GK today - couldn't catch a cold and were it not for very wayward finishing and poor final balls from Havant, Gloucester would now be out of the FA Cup.  1-1 'a great cup tie' says the main site - no it was a lucky escape and we were bossed by one of the poorest Conference South sides that I have seen for years.

Had far worse said to me in my time

Yes, me too, the trouble with Keeps is that he always has to be right and never bothers to listen to anybody's opinion.

Will you be going to the replay at Havant. 

On Tuesday?  Doubt it, unless I can get a lift down there and back.  Plus I have a works conference on Wednesday in Sheffield.

I'll be wishing them well, as always, but I am concerned that as with previous seasons we rely on one player (we used to rely on Darren Edwards and now we rely on Scott Wilson) to come up with the goods.  Not convinced of our chances this season TBH.

Here's are a couple of match reports of the Chesterfield v Mansfield game at the weekend folks, enjoy:

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?MatchId=3631014

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/

The Stags could well go second in the table this afternoon with a win over struggling Hartlepool at Field Mill

Well, they are in the play-off positions at present.  Very good indeed, but we're only less than a quarter of the way through the League 2 season.

It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain their form.  

Well, they are in the play-off positions at present.  Very good indeed, but we're only less than a quarter of the way through the League 2 season.

It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain their form.  

Dagenham & Redbridge could well be the surprise package in league two this season. A well run club, with decent supporters who are punching well above their weight.

Interesting, Alan.  

I wouldn't have picked them as dark horses, at the start of the season, but as you rightly say they are doing well at the moment.

League 2 is still pretty open - five teams on nine points at the moment at the bottom (one of which is Cheltenham Town, who are having a very bad start given that they were one of the pre-season favourites to go up!  They shouldn't have got rid of Daryl Duffy IMHO) and still a lot to play for.

Chesterfield, Oxford United and Fleetwood Town are my three to go up automatically.  I'll be happy if Newport finish in the top 10.

Edited by Zippy

Dagenham & Redbridge could well be the surprise package in league two this season. A well run club, with decent supporters who are punching well above their weight.

Yes, that a good call and Josh Scott will be instrumental in getting them to the play offs as long as he can steer clear of injury