Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mid-week Football

AllStar

Westfield 2-4 Lammas after extra time

Very good game - I felt we were the better side over the 90 min but Lammas got ahead in extra time and never looked back.

Good luck to them in the final - might not get away with some of the off the ball incidents though lol

I'd probably agree with you NLN that for periods you had better possession but I dunno if you agree or not I really couldn't see where you were gonna score from. As it happens I think the two goals you did get (one a penalty) were both mistakes on Lammas behalf. Staines at the moment look dangerous up top, for 45-60 mins I though you dealt with them well but once Baxter, James and Afflick got out of second gear I thought they become unplayable. One of your guys said you had a few injuries and I know Lammas had 3 centre halfs out which forced them into playing Redders centre half who I thought was outstanding along side O,Dane and Ben Jacob the Rm done a great job at RB. Commiserations and I would say il see ya next season but you look likely to get promotion this year and If we were to see ya it would take one hell of a fight for Staines to nick the 3rd spot.

I'd probably agree with you NLN that for periods you had better possession but I dunno if you agree or not I really couldn't see where you were gonna score from. As it happens I think the two goals you did get (one a penalty) were both mistakes on Lammas behalf. Staines at the moment look dangerous up top, for 45-60 mins I though you dealt with them well but once Baxter, James and Afflick got out of second gear I thought they become unplayable. One of your guys said you had a few injuries and I know Lammas had 3 centre halfs out which forced them into playing Redders centre half who I thought was outstanding along side O,Dane and Ben Jacob the Rm done a great job at RB. Commiserations and I would say il see ya next season but you look likely to get promotion this year and If we were to see ya it would take one hell of a fight for Staines to nick the 3rd spot.

James was he the lad you had last season? If it was he was a right handful when I see him?

Two threads to chose from...

Camberley 2 Ash 0.

We normally get one of our biggest crowds of the season against Ash but tonight the attendance was pretty poor. I'm blaming the weather and the fact Egham v Guernsey was probably a bigger attraction for neutrals.

The first half was alright to watch Ash had more of the possession and had the better chances and hit the crossbar in the seventh minute of injury time. Camberley had Agyeman sent off just before half time. I didn't see the incident myself and the ref took ages before finally revealing the end result as a red for us and a yellow for an Ash player.

At the start of the second half we had Gallewicz sent off. Again. i didn't see what happened, neither did the ref. The lino did nothing until the Ash players shouted 'you must have seen that lino' which appeared to make him realise he had actually seen something, he flagged, the ref went over to him and we were down to nine.

There's nothing as dangerous as a wounded animal and we were wounded. We played out of our skins for the rest of the half scoring through Jon Burch and Dan Jewell and deserving the win.

As always with this ref, both halves lasted far too long. We've had him loads of times over the years and I can't remember any half lasting less than 50 minutes. We had an FA Vase game at Redhill once when he managed to make 30 minutes extra time last nearly an hour. It's not as if the time added on tonight was for time-wasting, there were a couple of injuries (our Messi had to be taken to Frimley Park Hospital for a head injury. I hope he's alright) but that didn't amount to the 109 minutes of playing time we had.

The nearside lino should be dropped from this level of football immediately. He can't cope. If he was a player he'd be dropping through the levels like nobody's business.

And it's alleged our supporters are being reported to the league by the ref. Yes, there were some narky, sometimes embarrassing comments but nothing racist, no swearing and no threats of violence. If the ref thinks that's worthy of reporting then he doesn't deserve to be doing this level of football either.

good player last year for them stu dealt with him easily though another good signing 4-5-1 you think therell all stay for next season? if they do i can see you pushing on from this