Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Danny Stubbs

blueblood

Close to the mark there I think so don't hold your breath & I certainly wouldn't back against it.Weird why he should leave with us having our tails up. Work commitments? Ummmmm!

We'll see if that is the case by us not hearing that he has joined another club with almost immediate effect.

Am disappointed with this news but big thanks to him anyway.

Ummm-yeah-well!

Edited by Cookie

If we had not agreed to release him for "Work reasons", could we have been entitled to a fee? Certailnly no loyalty to clubs nowadays.

Edited by margateshot

Most of the above posts just about sum Danny up.

Bags of enthusiasm and effort but a bit short on skill.

Liked him but i must say the way he has left leaves a sour taste. Work commitments, ............... then signs for Maidstone ........ Dont think so.!

Confused here, why cant work comittments mean that he can only play / train nearer to home. Wish the lad well fellas as I personally think he gave 110% every game, he might not of been your favourite player but dont knock the lad when he isnt here anymore..

Spot on Andy, always gave everything even when not playing well.

Agree he has now signed for his home town club so wont need as much time off for training, matches etc.

Good luck Danny, I for one will miss you in a 'Gate shirt.

Edited by BlueGate Alan

Training nearer home, rubbish, where do MFC train? Playing nearer home, rubbish, most of the clubs we play are in his area. The reason he left was because he didn't fancy sitting on the bench. He has joined Maidstone in the hope of getting a regular place in the team, stepping down a league does not show much ambition.

How do you know its rubbish, have you spoken to Danny?

I guess not so you wouldnt have any idea about the mileage he would do for training and on match days, so please dont say its rubbish. (He lives in Maidstone so straight away less miles)

Anyways he has gone now so end off, but I still wish him luck with Maidstone.

What you may have to accept is the statement given by someone leaving "work"(or a football club), may have been an agreed statement between the two parties, as the real reason for leaving may/may not have been in the employee/employers best interest.

Like others before me I think we should just wish Stubbs all the best and thank him for his hard work and contribution to MFC over the years.

Edited by marksandwell

guess like most things in life you move on if a opportunity comes along and seems right at the time and DS has done just that, so good luck to him, wish him well.....now we can move on with our 'play off' push