Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Disaffected West Ham fans...

Ryan.c

There is a serious side to this and how it will affect a whole host of clubs from East London to Southend. 60,000 cheap tickets knocking about is gonna have an effect (depending how they pitch it). Billericay is bang in the firing line.

Edited by Ryan.c

There is a serious side to this and how it will affect a whole host of clubs from East London to Southend. 60,000 cheap tickets knocking about is gonna have an effect (depending how they pitch it). Billericay is bang in the firing line.

With Stratford being only a twelve minute train ride from Romford, cheap tickets would certainly effect Romford, AFCH and Dagenham & Redbridge IMO.

The possibility of Orient relocating will also throw a further spanner in the works. Barkingside, Harlow, Basildon and Romford have been named as possible sites that Barry Hearne could be interested in.

Cheap tickets will affect most Essex sides South of Chelmsford,which is West ham heartland.

The North of Essex may be affected slightly but once Spurs get their new ground then the whole of Essex will suffer.Gates are already down I believe due to arsenal suddenly getting a 60000 stadium,but west ham will be a killer unless clubs can work something out,

Non league must look to play their games at different times,each week.

Cheap tickets will affect most Essex sides South of Chelmsford,which is West ham heartland.

The North of Essex may be affected slightly but once Spurs get their new ground then the whole of Essex will suffer.Gates are already down I believe due to arsenal suddenly getting a 60000 stadium,but west ham will be a killer unless clubs can work something out,

Non league must look to play their games at different times,each week.

SkyTV is also a threat to non league football everywhere and there's not many days that they are not showing a top class match. The only way clubs like ours can try and work something out is by doing it together, and at the moment tribal differences make that unlikely.

SkyTV is also a threat to non league football everywhere and there's not many days that they are not showing a top class match. The only way clubs like ours can try and work something out is by doing it together, and at the moment tribal differences make that unlikely.

That's Rubbish Alan.

You are obsessed by tribal differences in Football,where the reality is that most clubs have one or two rivals each but on the whole clubs do work together and very often.The fans are the ones who dislike their rival clubs but they don't decide when re arranged games are played,this and other important decisions are made by the owners of the clubs,who usually get on well enough.So its up to the owners of worried clubs with the fans help to lobby the FA and leagues as to how they can possibly improve the situation.

Anyway,why would tribal differences between fans actually hamper this when most fans just want the best for their individual clubs unless you are talking about merging clubs which no one actually wants and if things were changed in scheduling games,wouldn't be needed

The only additional people the Olympic Stadium will attract is your plastic day trippers and tourists, not the sort of people you would get at grass roots football, and perhaps some long term West Ham supporters that might find Stratford a bit more convenient than the Boleyn Ground (but not many of them). I think the likes of Billericay will see an increase in their gates when West Ham move. Many 'diehard' West Ham supporters are particulary disillusioned with the whole thing and the way the process has gone and in particular the way Gold, Sullivan and Brady are selling 108 years of history, tradition and soul down the river just so that they can line their own pockets. I know for a fact that there are many West Ham supporters that will refuse to follow the team to Stratford, me being one of them. Away days only from 2016 in addition to BTFC home games.

Summer Football for the Non-League game anyone? Kills two birds with one stone; fewer fixtures postponed due to the weather and less competition from the prima donnas

But isn't the Premier League all ready soulless?All it attracts is the big money (not that some of the "big money" would not be welcome at our level) and no real passion...well, except from certain political factions be they the ultra PC left or the ultra right racist fascists. The current reality of the premier league (and it's European spin offs) is that amougnst it's worst elements, it actually mirrors the extremes in society.

And while it collectively pats itself on the back for being a representative of good (whatever your perception of either the left or right is as regards "good"), perpetuates a society of debt where it is okay to value a person in millions, whilst having a total disregard for the ordinary person trying to make a living when a club eventually relents and has to re-invent itself because it wishes to avoid paying these debts (and thus cheating the the national and local community from monies it owes).

And all this is under scored by a weak, and ineffective governing body who's veiw of the sport it over see's is unbalanced in favour of the larger and over bloated clubs and by consequence unsupportive of the realities and the dificulties that the grass roots clubs face. Actually, I could go further to say that really, our governing body doesn't care for grass roots football...I mean... where's the headlines...

More effort would be put in to assist a Premier League Club from going under than any number of struggling Non League clubs and when a Non League club goes, I think a peice of local "flavour" disapears. Where, in all honesty, does a Premier League club look towards it's geographical community? It doesn't. If it did, we would have a football pyramid that would be dependant on strong links between the top and the bottom and connect all points between, encouraging not only the local community socially and economically but also in the education and encouragement of local talent

Edited by GazzaBTFC

If anyone really thinks that many west ham fans will turn their back on the club because of the move then I think they are wrong.Fans threaten to do all sorts of stuff but usually once a new ground is sorted they usually go along with it.

Fact us,it could potentially attract 20000 plus more fans than now,these fans have to come from somewhere and they don't come out of thin air, it's from smaller clubs in the local area which are affected

Was talking with a West Ham fan earlier today, and he believes that the club has signed its death knell.

When asked about the owners, he said that they'll 'probably not be around when the brown stuff hits the fan anyway.'

Was talking with a West Ham fan earlier today, and he believes that the club has signed its death knell.

When asked about the owners, he said that they'll 'probably not be around when the brown stuff hits the fan anyway.'

IMO the guy you was talking to must be a total fruit cake. This must be the best deal a football club in the UK has ever achieved.

Can anyone think of a better one?

A £600million stadium for £15million, and an annual rent the equivelent of one matchday takings and a share of the catering profits, seem an amazing deal to me.

I'm a West Ham fan of long standing and agree with BlueHammer. You can't (or shouldn't) measure a club in £s...I might be getting all misty eyed but West Ham always seemed different to most clubs (I grew up watching the 1960s team). Seems that the club will go the way of Arsenal - all corporate and totally foreign legion.

It's all right moaning about foreign legion and corporate deals but we're all to blame...

... Most of us sign up to the biggest corporate deal in sport...

... Sky TV.

And it is that that is the main reason for killing the Non League game. Armchair sport, beer in hand with a couple of mates round and nibbles...

Or freeze your nuts off experiencing the cut and thrust, the excitement, the stomach churning nerves, the thrill of witnessing a goal, the endless discussion of "did he, didn't he" because you have no endless replays and no TV twat giving his high and mighty opinion...

There are downsides for the real thing but I can't see 'em...

Interesting that everyone else is to blame for killing non league football other than non league football itself. How many clubs have done excellent the same thing as the Premier League clubs and over extended themselves or relied on a rich benefactor to try and get to the promise land (whatever that may be)

I watch my local team and West Ham. I will continue to do both when West Ham move to the OS. I will continue to persude my sons to go and watch as well. I will continue to try and get the team I coach to go and watch games as well. that is the only way for non league not to die rather than moaning about Sky and the FA etc on here.

Its ok saying that but Sky and more importantly the fact that at 3pm on a Saturday,all the local pubs in any area can show their local Premier league teams games at that time.

West ham get 35'000 fans at home per game.Our club try to get our games played when they are away,doesn't always happen but it used to be that when we did,our crowds would be ok.Now when West Ham are away,our crowds are still low because everyone has gone to the 5/10 local pubs in the area to watch the game,or stayed indoors and watched it on their computer,how is this Non alegue footballs fault?? West ham my have 35000 loyal fans who go to the games but like 6/7 other london clubs,they probably have 500'000 to a million other fans in the nearby areas.

While Gazza does make a valid point re Sky,its a difficult one because Sky tv offer far more than Sport,although we all know that its probably their main financial responsibility.

For me,Non League Football and League Football are two different entities,this I believe should mean that they house treated as such and non league as an entity should be looking at maximising its potential,but with the help of the FA and Premier/football league.

Professional football or at least the top two I visions should be moved to Sundays,while the rest of the league systems should be Saturdays,lets face it,there are 4/5 premier league games most Saturdays,for me its the logical step forward,but will only happen if the FA actually do care about Non league football