Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 9th Games

Fair play to Wembley tonight who fully deserved the 3 points. Extremely disappointed as we didn't show up first half and gave away 2 goals. Second half couldnt have been worse but despite a bit of pressure we never really created anything. We know we let ourselves down tonight and will be looking for a reaction at home to Egham on Thursday.

Shame about the result tonight but Guernsey came out second half with a fight they wasn't there first half and we couldn't match them. That said, their keeper Hamon made a worldy save at 1-1 with 20 minutes left and then two minutes later Guernsey took the lead.

After the game one of the guernsey players or staff went to the trouble of finding a broom and dustpan brush and swept their own changing room which is something I have never seen or heard of before. Small things. If they claw back the 20 points on Egham then they rightly deserve the title and to get promoted. On the basis of the second half performance, the energy and desire was first class given their fixture backlog, and I wouldnt bet against them. We now look forward to locking horns again on Saturday. This game has been changed to a 17.30pm kick off. Something to do with ESPN TV rights or something ;)

In the past Colin Fallaize (assistant Manager) has done this.

RPV 1 Egham Town 2

Jim Ward header in the first minute, and Brendan Matthew in the 57th. Record points total for Egham Town FC.

Any idea who scored for RPV?

I think their twitter feed said that Simon Moore scored.

Bedfont Sports 3 Sandhurst 2

Unbelievably open first half with Sandhurst taking the lead through an OG 5 minutes after we hit the bar twice. Bedfont equalising through a well worked goal only for Sandhurst to take the lead a minute later. An overhead kick from Bedfont to equalise again and then another well worked goal to put us 3-2 up.

Second Half - Scrappy but both defences a lot tighter. With a nice little floodlight failure chucked in.

We created a lot of chances throughout the game which is encouraging.

Goals:

BSFC: Turner (3)

STFC: OG, Andrews

I saw Egham beat Farnham 4-0 on Saturday and Farnham never looked to be in it. What a difference when Farnham hosted Guernsey last night. I felt for a long time it could have gone either way and only lack of finishing stopped F going ahead. Whenever I have seen Guernsey, they've kept playing hard up to the final whistle whatever the score but they often start a bit hesitantly and sometimes that's when they've been caught.

Footy Mad has got it exactly right - the Farnham/Guernsey encounter was a great game to be present at. It was a credit to both teams who battled it out to the end in a fair and enthusiastic manner. Roll on the return on Saturday!

Edited by FMan

Proved we weren't a one man team too. Ross had a couple of chances but Heaume and Hutton were the heroes, as were Mackay and Hamon at the back. Matt Drillot on his first start provided the steel we needed in midfield

Farnham looked great in the first half and deserved to have a couple of goals. Like when we played Hartley Wintney earlier in the season, hard to see why they aren't higher up the table if they play like that regularly.

Footy Mad has got it exactly right - the Farnham/Guernsey encounter was a great game to be present at. It was a credit to both teams who battled it out to the end in a fair and enthusiastic manner. Roll on the return on Saturday!

We often overlook the Officials,when attending a Great Game.I presume that these OFFICIALS had a GREAT GAME too.

Smudge, to be fair the officials on the night were very good and managed the game well! (Yes Krooner - this is a positive comment about officials)

I must admit that I thought the same !