Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League communication

Ok im probably speaking out of turn here, but who is this Gary Twyman and why does he feel the need to speak to people via email with such smugness and so very little respect?

I'm sick of recieving emails which include a sarcastic note about teams failing to do this, or failing to do that. Does it need to be included in the main body of the email? If clubs have failed to report results properly, let them know via the normal channel of writing to them. I don't need to know.

Whilst I understand it may be frustrating to those who work hard for the league collating all the information, the tone that it is often written in, I find quite demeaning.

"I expect Tony will be in touch with you..."

Really?? No s**t Sherlock! How utterly arrogant and patronising.

A number of league officials have suffered administrative problems this season, including scheduling of fixtures and distribution of results, tables etc. I understand this has been due to a number of reasons including hacking, hard drives failing and other such nuisances.

But have I fired off a snotty email to anybody, stating the obvious and talking down to people?

Do I send an email such as...

"I expect I didn't recieve this weekends results until Sunday night due to yet another computer error. I expect the fixtures will be changed around again. I expect clubs will be in touch with you..."

No, I bite my tongue and understand that the best way to communicate is with respect and patience.

In short, yes clubs are responsible for ensuring rules and guidelines are followed accurately, but when they inevitably fall foul, don't talk to people like naughty pre school children.

And don't ever forget that without clubs paying fines, the league income would be significantly reduced and the biscuits at the next committee meeting may be plain digestives as opposed to the dark chocolate hobnobs that you're used to.

Rant over.

P.S the above posting is my own personal view and doesn't necessarily represent the view of my club, committee, players or officials. Keep up the good work but be nice to people. Costs nothing.

Cheers,

Jonno

Ok im probably speaking out of turn here, but who is this Gary Twyman and why does he feel the need to speak to people via email with such smugness and so very little respect?

I'm sick of recieving emails which include a sarcastic note about teams failing to do this, or failing to do that. Does it need to be included in the main body of the email? If clubs have failed to report results properly, let them know via the normal channel of writing to them. I don't need to know.

Whilst I understand it may be frustrating to those who work hard for the league collating all the information, the tone that it is often written in, I find quite demeaning.

A number of league officials have suffered administrative problems this season, including scheduling of fixtures and distribution of results, tables etc. I understand this has been due to a number of reasons including hacking, hard drives failing and other such nuisances.

But have I fired off a snotty email to anybody, stating the obvious and talking down to people?

"I expect I didn't recieve this weekends results until Sunday night due to yet another computer error. I expect the fixtures will be changed around again. I expect clubs will be in touch with you..."

No, I bite my tongue and understand that the best way to communicate is with respect and patience.

In short, yes clubs are responsible for ensuring rules and guidelines are followed accurately, but when they inevitably fall foul, don't talk to people like naughty pre school children.

And don't ever forget that without clubs paying fines, the league income would be significantly reduced and the biscuits at the next committee meeting may be plain digestives as opposed to the dark chocolate hobnobs that you're used to.

Rant over.

P.S the above posting is my own personal view and doesn't necessarily represent the view of my club, committee, players or officials. Keep up the good work but be nice to people. Costs nothing.

Cheers,

Jonno

Wow don't let it bother you.

:chillpill:

Manners cost nothing SB. Everyone works hard in non league football, league and club officers alike. Doesn't give you the right to talk down to people.

Rant over.

Cheers,

Jonno

This is serious. 

Cant believe the hobnobs are going.

I assume this does not apply to match officials.

I told him to stay and act as 4th. Official but he wasn't having it.

It just had to be you involved on the game didn't it

Rant over.

Cheers,

Jonno

Wow don't let it bother you.

:chillpill:

Manners cost nothing SB. Everyone works hard in non league football, league and club officers alike. Doesn't give you the right to talk down to people.

Agree fair enough.

As i originally stated, the view is my own personal one and not necessarily shared by club I am affiliated to. I don't think I can write to the league with a personal view, only one that is in the interest of my club.

Received this email this morning:

Hi all,

Thought I'd pass on details of a competition in a magazine I'm editing. You can win top tickets to England v Montenegro – and England v Poland.

Just click these two links and enter your phone number and your email. It's that simple.

Montenegro: http://surveys.thefa.com/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=m6KH8l95

Poland: http://surveys.thefa.com/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=m6KH8m95

Kind regards

Kevin Affleck

Editor of @sportswk

Editor of Sun Postal FC programme.

This has got to stop.... Don't spam the email contact list. And surely the SSMFL should be protecting my email address from falling into the hands of spammers? I would have thought the data protection act comes into play here.

Not really on in my opinion. I don't see anyone else sending emails to the contact list trying to flog stuff or promote their business. I've sent an email to Mr Twyman airing my concerns. No response as yet.

Archived