Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ronnie Biggs - RIP

I'm shocked that nobody has started a thread today to mark the sad passing of Ronnie Biggs, RIP

Wasn't he that violent criminal that wandered the world after escaping from jail leaving illegitimate children in his wake and finally turning up like a dog with its tail between its legs to use a National Health Service he'd never contributed to?

No? Oh, must be some other person of the same name then. RIP whoever you were. Proprieties observed then for the likes of violent criminal lover Rhodesly.

Agree with comments above - not sure why anyone would want to be concerned over or celebrate the death of a criminal that evaded justice for so long at great expense to the British tax payer whilst at the same time earning money from the proceeds of crime.

I agree Alan, he's good at that

It's good that he's found something to be good at.

No man is an island,  entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were;  any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

No man is an island,  entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were;  any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Are those words the title of a Joan Baez song Steph, or could it be something biblical?. 

Dont see the connection with Biggs though.

Are those words the title of a Joan Baez song Steph, or could it be something biblical?. 

Dont see the connection with Biggs though.

Are you learning to take the piss from Rhodes now Alan - It's John Donne, For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Edited by Loose

To start with, the 30 year sentences handed down were a complete joke.

Then he escaped from Wandsworth nick  -  No easy task, I hasten to add,

Society, or 'The Establishment'  saw this as a two fingered sign and never forgave him.

I can't wait to see if his funeral is along the lines of the Kray twins.

The man is dead  -  R.I.P.

Are you learning to take the piss from Rhodes now Alan - It's John Donne, For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Just checked and Joan Baez did record a song called no man is an island. Before your time though, Lol. I member having to read Donne at school but never understood any of it, still don't, so I never payed much attention to his work. 

My taste in poetry is restricted to Spike Milligan and Pam Ayres Im afraid.

Edited by missunderstood

To start with, the 30 year sentences handed down were a complete joke

Big J R - I couldn't agree more, it's not surprising Biggs was hell bent on escaping from prison

To start with, the 30 year sentences handed down were a complete joke.

Then he escaped from Wandsworth nick  -  No easy task, I hasten to add,

Society, or 'The Establishment'  saw this as a two fingered sign and never forgave him.

I can't wait to see if his funeral is along the lines of the Kray twins.

The man is dead  -  R.I.P.

The way this Country has declined, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC cover the funeral live.

By the way, as is the norm with our crap justice system, I think you will find that most of them were out in less than half of their terms. Biggs died in peace but not the innocent train driver, who never recovered from the vicious and unnecessary beating.

I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC cover the funeral live

It will certainly be the first item on News At Ten won't it

They kicked the sh*t out of the poor guy, realised that they couldn't drive the train and then forced him to drive it to the rendezvous point.

Lovely people.

Actually  -  NO.

He was struck once, and that was after he was offered the chance to 'earn a few bob', and turned it down' !

I'm not condoning the violence, but had I been in his position, a 'nice little earner' might have been just somewhat tempting !!