Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potential Restructure

E&E Rich

Players are at liberty to make themselves available to whoever they chose. If they don't like the travelling that involves playing at a national, regional, county or across town league, then they can sign up for a team that plays in a league where that isn't an issue.

Anyone would think this debate is based around a vast country, rather than one you'd loose under a crumb of a bacon sarnie if looking at a map. People have hobbies that take up a lot of time and effort, they should be bright enough to decide if this commitment is too much or not.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" may just be an opinion, but if people would rather some man in a suit re-arranges things and ensures nobody will ever get promoted upwards from the pyramid then worrying about a bit of travel might just do their job for them.

I'll pass the message to my mate to tell the boys at Weliing that they're all full time. I reckon it will come as surprise to them, though. ( But then there are always some who know better, eh?) Gateshead on a Tuesday night. and the reverse fixture too, Hotel? I think not...but then never let the facts get in the way of an argument, especially if you'd spoil for one in an empty room!

Voice you should read my post more carefully,the word most does not mean ALL.Unlike your good self,a know all.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" is such a moronic and negative statement.

People could have thought that about the television, but fortunately someone had the intelligence not to listen to that statement and went on to invent the remote control.

In addition, the structure clearly doesn't work well enough right now, which is apparent if you look across the other forums. And to say that people would get bored with local derbies because they are too frequent is complete rubbish. They bring in more revenue and attendances because they involve less travel for starters, but there are many local derbies at a higher level and these are the games of the season for many supporters.  

More important than the local derbies though is the reduction in number of the bigger journeys, especially in more far flung areas. Oh yes, and the introduction of playoffs and a potential second promotion spot across the whole of what is currently Step Five, and the reduction in dead matches at the end of the season by involving teams from the level above in those playoffs.

If none of this appeals and you'd rather see teams from Birmingham travelling to Truro then just carry on. Not that anyone will be listening to you though.

You don't like the new plan.

You're in a minority.

Go and be negative elsewhere, we're bored now.

Nice comment on the Dulwich Hamlet forum (talking specifically about the make-up of the Ryman Premier):

"I'll be surprised if there are as many clubs moving sideways as suggested by the spreadsheet linked from the another forum. People on there always like to come up with colourful hypotheses about restructuring and reorganisation. Now the pyramid has settled down after the original restructuring of a decade ago I would expect the numbers of clubs changing between leagues to be kept to a minimum."

WE are bored are WE, Are you royalty or under the mistaken belief you speak for anyone but yourself? Slightly arrogant, I'd say. ( Just like the assumption that nobody "listens" to a point of view that differs from yours but hangs on every word of a an equally unimportant nobody as myself,)Moronic? That's very grown up, isn't it?

Travel is cheap and hardly life threatening.

Apologies for having an opinion and not having the superb intellect to stoop to name calling, I bow to thee oh great one.

Edited by thevoiceofreason

Deja Vu  is alive and well !

It seems to be the same at the end of EVERY season.

At then end of the day, decisions will be made and we will just have to live with it !!

WE are bored are WE, Are you royalty or under the mistaken belief you speak for anyone but yourself? Slightly arrogant, I'd say. ( Just like the assumption that nobody "listens" to a point of view that differs from yours but hangs on every word of a an equally unimportant nobody as myself,)Moronic? That's very grown up, isn't it?

Voice,you are Royalty for sure,and very intelligent.You sure, you are on the right forum.Thought the Telegraph site would be more up your street,where you could banter with your own kind.

Travel is cheap and hardly life threatening.

Apologies for having an opinion and not having the superb intellect to stoop to name calling, I bow to thee oh great one.

Nice comment on the Dulwich Hamlet forum (talking specifically about the make-up of the Ryman Premier):

"I'll be surprised if there are as many clubs moving sideways as suggested by the spreadsheet linked from the another forum. People on there always like to come up with colourful hypotheses about restructuring and reorganisation. Now the pyramid has settled down after the original restructuring of a decade ago I would expect the numbers of clubs changing between leagues to be kept to a minimum."

It is nice to see that Dulwich fans believe the pyramid has settled down as they look forward to competing for playoffs each season. We have no such luxury. In fact, without playoffs, Dulwich would still be at Step Four.

This is one of the problems with non-league football "our club are fine, so we're not bothered". This is why the suggestion will be sent directly to the F.A. If they impose it, most will be happy, some won't be affected, and a few who are slightly inconvenienced (and there are very few) won't get any support from their League brothers.

VOR I called your statement moronic, and it is. I didn't stoop to personal name calling, but if the cap fits.... Either way, the thread was created for opinions on the structure. We've heard yours and it would be nice to hear other people's views instead so let's just agree to differ and move on.

Ultimately, the reorganisation has little bearing on clubs in that area, so they won't notice any difference.  

Edited by E&E Rich

Sorry bruv, I'll type like a chav talkin, forget how too spel and fink I knows everyfink...just to fit in. 

Someone who thinks they can reshape the world and it gives a toss about them is DELUDED. If you don't want my opinion, you don't always get what you want in life...and if I said I didn't want yours, would you take any notice? No,

The people who like the way things are may not buy your boys' bedroom and a bit of paper theories, but they can make their views public in just the same way as a wannabe big shot who can't stand criticism but dishes it out like they're an expert.

I don't have to stoop to adjectives like 'moronic'...I let others' behaviour do that for them.

( Badly spelt, grammar massacring version available on request.)

Oh sorry, I forget...for someone else.

With a chip that size on their shoulder, I'm surprised some can communicate at all. We could all dumb down to the lowest level, but I doubt any of us will live long enough to achieve that, it takes years of practice, I'm sure!

Edited by thevoiceofreason

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a lot of discussion amongst Windsor supporters whether or not we will be in the CCL next season. Those I have discussed this with are very much in favour of a switch to the Hellenic as this will increase the number of local derbies considerably. Sure, it will introduce away days to deepest Wiltshire and darkest Gloucestershire but this opens up opportunities for some great days out. 

Unless the FA spring something on us at the last moment, the only two clubs in the Premier Division to have been transferred are Croydon and Wembley.  The proposed constitution for next season will be going out to clubs just as soon as the FA confirm what is happening with Step 6.

the fa informed bedfont town yesterday that there application to go step 6 and join ccl 1 has been refused,but they hav been accepted to join surrey elite and been put on standby if 2 clubs do not have everything in place by 31 may