Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

A Rebels return for Mr Buchanan??

Looking at his CV he has Bromley, Newport, Hayes and Yeading and Stevenage as his former clubs, no mention of Slough Town?

Not sure he would lower his self deluded expectations if he decides, or is kicked out of Staines, when the new manager takes over.

Personally, unless we had a striker crisis or shortage I wouldn't want Buchanon back at Slough.  

Edited by Reading Rebel

Looking at his CV he has Bromley, Newport, Hayes and Yeading and Stevenage as his former clubs, no mention of Slough Town?

Not sure he would lower his self deluded expectations if he decides, or is kicked out of Staines, when the new manager takes over.

Personally, unless we had a striker crisis or shortage I wouldn't want Buchanon back at Slough.  

He might not have wrote that CV. 

I'm with Barry on this one,I think Elliot Buchanan would be a good acquisition for Slough to complement the three other strikers we have.

Probably too dear for this final half of the season,as we aren't chasing that play-off place but I think he would be well worth a look over from our managers perspective.Even if it was for a few games,as it would certainly bring competition for places up front.Also would be the final piece in the jigsaw in squad terms.

Remember Elliot can play on the left wing,too,if needed.

The other player at Staines,I would one day like to see in a Slough shirt is Ashley Lodge.I know both you[Reading Rebel] and I,were very impressed by him when he was at Ashford.

Our old friend Dave Deeney has left St Neots citing wanting a break from football.

The rumour is that he wants to start a full time career on Twitter.

There's a bloke I don't want to see in a Slough shirt again!

Funny enough,he isn't a bad footballer and on the pitch can be an asset.

Unfortunately,though,he doesn't let his football do the talking!  

He might not have wrote that CV. 

I'm with Barry on this one,I think Elliot Buchanan would be a good acquisition for Slough to complement the three other strikers we have.

Probably too dear for this final half of the season,as we aren't chasing that play-off place but I think he would be well worth a look over from our managers perspective.Even if it was for a few games,as it would certainly bring competition for places up front.Also would be the final piece in the jigsaw in squad terms.

Remember Elliot can play on the left wing,too,if needed.

The other player at Staines,I would one day like to see in a Slough shirt is Ashley Lodge.I know both you[Reading Rebel] and I,were very impressed by him when he was at Ashford.

We also don't appear on his CV on the Staines web-site, I'd imagine he would have had an input in that.

Ok, things can change very quickly in football but at the moment I think we have enough competition up front with JD having to be patient because of the form of Scott Harris.

Elliot Buchanon made no secret of the fact that he wanted to make a living out of playing football, in that respect I'd imagine that we would be way off his radar (for him and us) if it ever came to him leaving Staines.

I'm not sure Bakes and Unders will concur with your supposition that we aren't chasing that final play-off place!

Edited by Reading Rebel

Why whenever an ex Rebel leaves anywhere is there a clamour to get them back. Most of them did not get us promoted, however good they may have been. Trust in the managers for the right players to move us on and up. Stop looking backwards.

We also don't appear on his CV on the Staines web-site, I'd imagine he would have had an input in that.

Ok, things can change very quickly in football but at the moment I think we have enough competition up front with JD having to be patient because of the form of Scott Harris.

Elliot Buchanon made no secret of the fact that he wanted to make a living out of playing football, in that respect I'd imagine that we would be way off his radar (for him and us) if it ever came to him leaving Staines.

I'm not sure Bakes and Unders will concur with your supposition that we aren't chasing that final play-off place!

Staines fans may have written his CV. I'm not hung up about whether he writes Slough Town in his list of clubs or not.From his point of view, of course,he's going to look for the best deal he can find.

Considering Staines are bottom of the Conference South and Slough are a fairly good Premier side,we can't be a million miles off his radar or he off ours, come to that, given that he hasn't exactly been their best scorer, and the fact that he has done well at quite a few of the notable clubs he's been at.

Bakes and Unders know their own minds and know what is needed for our squad and when the time is right to bring anyone in.

From my humble opinion and obvious one or two other forumites,we rate Elliot Buchanan but it's clearly up to them,who they want in the squad but I still believe that to be serious play off challengers,players of Buchanan's ilk will be needed.

As you say Reading Rebel,there is nothing wrong with the three strikers we have but four give you healthy options.

I would rather add pace to our attack,which isn't Elliot's game but our manager's may have other ideas,when they opt for a new striker.

However,Elliot Buchanan is no mug forward and last time he played for Slough,he would have got us a lot more goals, if he had played as a forward and not as a winger, that Steve Bateman chose to put him as.

I think we were very lucky to get him last time.This time I think we would just be lucky ! 

I went to see Staines the other week when we had no game, wanting to watch a team from our league, namely Poole Town. Elliott Buchanan started on the right side of midfield, ending up more central and scored a very good goal too. He looked skilfull on the ball as expected and for a period was instrumental in everything good that Staines produced.

Whether we need someone like him at the moment is questionable however. I'm pretty sure we've got a few that could fit in very well at Staines, so not sure EB would adequately replace what we have.

Nobody wants every former player back,as our team has successfully moved on now but to me there's no disputing the quality of certain players we've had,in recent times, and to be honest,rather wasted under Steve Bateman.

Those who I think could still do a job for us would be Nathan Bowden Haase,Chris Seeby,Elliot Buchanan,Mo Shariff,Charlie Mpi and our new signing,Adam Martin.Not that we are likely to get them but all of them are Premier division class players.

I also think Danny Murphy could do a job[not necessarily at left back],though,seems to be under-rated as a Premier player. 

Edited by 3spirit