Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

14 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

First mistake Shredding, you should have gone on your bike to keep you warm unless your scooter was one of those that you push with one leg ?

Being pedantic it was a 3-2 win at Eastbourne ?

A home win is 3-2; an away win is 2-3.

An away win at Ebbsfleet United is outstanding and keeps Rebels season alive.

3 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

A home win is 3-2; an away win is 2-3.

An away win at Ebbsfleet United is outstanding and keeps Rebels season alive.

I didn't mention it was a home win just that they won 3-2 against Eastbourne not Concord.

BTW I see one of your favorite players Manny Duku is now playing for Havant and started the game today at Concord.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 minutes ago, Curtis said:

The bottom three, Billericay, Braintree & Welling all won today.

If they all hit a bit of form we could see a club being relegated with what would normally be a reasonable tally of 40 points.

I'm sure those clubs must be gutted that on the day that they picked up 3 valuable points so did all the others.

9 minutes ago, Curtis said:

The bottom three, Billericay, Braintree & Welling all won today.

If they all hit a bit of form we could see a club being relegated with what would normally be a reasonable tally of 40 points.

With the bottom clubs continuing to pick up points it's difficult to pick the side to finish bottom and be relegated.

If I had to pick one it would be Billericay if only because they have played more games than the clubs above them.

Having said that there are plenty more games to go and any one from a number of clubs could get dragged into a relegation scrap.

31 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

First mistake Shredding, you should have gone on your bike to keep you warm unless your scooter was one of those that you push with one leg ?

Being pedantic it was a 3-2 win at Eastbourne ?

Sorry about that RR. I hadn't noticed that I had written Concord Rangers when I knew that Maidstone United were playing Eastbourne Borough.

TALL PLAYERS win HEADERS

I was at U 'As 1 Gosport Borough 1 on Saturday 12th February and the visitors must surely have been the tallest team that I have ever seen. U 'As found it very difficult to head a ball past them.

Interesting comment from Marc White in his post-match interview after the 0-2 win at Bath City :-

"That's where you do miss the likes of Harris and Prior. They've got that extra 3 or 4 inches and they are looking to score goals. In games like today, the boys that are in the fore are just over 6' and not really prolific headers of the ball. They're just the tallest we've got!"

Edited by Shredding Green

13 hours ago, Ian g f said:

They should have been out of site at ht said their manger Hope they don’t turn it around when they play us

Sorry Ian, after Radders comment I get what you mean.

Doswell said they had 7 very good chances to score in the first half and missed all of them.  

Havant do seem to be creating but missing a lot of chances, as you say lets hope this doesn't change in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by Reading Rebel

23 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I didn't mention it was a home win just that they won 3-2 against Eastbourne not Concord.

BTW I see one of your favorite players Manny Duku is now playing for Havant and started the game today at Concord.

I feel that he has found his right level as he danced round players in Southern League Premier but didn't win 50:50 balls when I saw him playing for Barnet in National League.

I wouldn't call him one of my favouirite players ... he just happened to score 37 goals in 46 matches for my other local team U 'As. 

Edited by Shredding Green

5 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

I feel that he has found his right level as he danced round players in Southern League Premier but didn't win 50:50 balls when I saw him playing for Barnet in National League.

I wouldn't call him one of my favouirite players ... he just happened to score 37 goals in 46 matches for my other local team U 'As. 

See how he gets on at Havant, perhaps this division or one below is his natural level now.

Interesting battle going on at the top of the Isthmian South division.

U'As returned to the top after their 6-1 demolition of Pool Town yesterday in front of a poor crowd of just 209.

The team to watch though are Taunton Town who are unbeaten in 15 games having won 12 and drawn 3 and are only 4 points behind U'As with a game in hand.

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

U'As return to the top after their 6-1 demolition of Pool Town yesterday in front of a poor crowd of just 209.

The team to watch though are Taunton Town who are unbeaten in 15 games having won 12 and drawn 3 and are only 4 points behind U'As with a game in hand.

I think you’ve got the wrong division there RR .It’s the Southern League Prem South. 

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

U'As returned to the top after their 6-1 demolition of Pool Town yesterday in front of a poor crowd of just 209.

Saturday 12th March is a massive day for local (to me) football clubs (i.e. clubs either side of Iver).

National League South Slough Town v Maidstone United

Southern League Premier South  (to be correct RR!) : Taunton Town v Hayes & Yeading United

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I realize it's no longer the Isthmian Glover.

Having said that some clubs web sites and various other league stats still quote the Southern Leagues as being 'Isthmian'. 

Really ? Pretty sure clubs know what league they are in. I’m sure no Isthmian league clubs think they are in the Southern league. Always been very different leagues.