Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

21 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Result of the day in the National South was Dorking 1 Tonbridge 3.

Not unexpected was Dan Roberts again left out of the Dartford match day squad.

Sort of a surprise but Dorking did have a player sent off. 
Not sure if Dan is injured or just not being picked but I guess so far it’s not gone how he hoped. I feel we need another striker as we’re just not scoring enough or taking the chances created. So who would welcome him back whether on loan or permanently?

45 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Sort of a surprise but Dorking did have a player sent off. 
Not sure if Dan is injured or just not being picked but I guess so far it’s not gone how he hoped. I feel we need another striker as we’re just not scoring enough or taking the chances created. So who would welcome him back whether on loan or permanently?

I'm pretty sure he's not injured.

Not sure he left on the best of terms so personally I wouldn't want him back.

A BAD PATCH in NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH

HAVANT & WATERLOOVILLE

Dartford and Maidstone United have both suffered bad patches this season and Rebels have not yet won a match in 2022.

Havant & Waterlooville began October with three home matches beating Billericay Town 3-2 in the FA Cup, Concord Rangers 5-2 in National League South and Torquay United 4-2 in the FA Cup. Next up Slough Town!

What a terrible home run in National League South that began : LDDLDLDLL = 0-4-5
They have fared better away with DWWWWLDL = 4-2-2

Not sure if it's a case of "be careful what you wish for" but I saw from Red Button Teletext that, once of the Conference South, Staines Town were beaten 8 (eight)-2 at home by lowly Guernsey this week. They sit at the bottom of their Step 4 league with a goal difference of -54. It doesn't seem all that long ago that we at Horsham were hosting the late Alan Boon and hearing with envy about his ambitious plans for his club and the redevelopment of its ground. A salutary reminder to take nothing for granted about any club's position in this wonderful game of ours.  

15 minutes ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

Not sure if it's a case of "be careful what you wish for" but I saw from Red Button Teletext that, once of the Conference South, Staines Town were beaten 8 (eight)-2 at home by lowly Guernsey this week. They sit at the bottom of their Step 4 league with a goal difference of -54. It doesn't seem all that long ago that we at Horsham were hosting the late Alan Boon and hearing with envy about his ambitious plans for his club and the redevelopment of its ground. A salutary reminder to take nothing for granted about any club's position in this wonderful game of ours.  

KGB - "lowly Guernsey" isn't quite what it seems at they are current 7/8 games behind most teams in the league due to the pandemic and the local government on the island meant they didn't start their season until October.

As for the 8-2 game last night, Guernsey hit the woodwork 3 times and the Staines keeper was probably MoM again (or though a different keeper from the 12-0 Hanwell game).

Staines and Burnham should both be warnings to all!!!

4 hours ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

As far as I understand it the company who now own the ground want Staines Town out and since they took over have made life very difficult for them to operate successfully as a football club. 

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

As far as I understand it the company who now own the ground want Staines Town out and since they took over have made life very difficult for them to operate successfully as a football club. 

From what we have learnt from the chat that's always had at non-league grounds, thats about the long and short of it RR.

Some surprise results in the NLS today.

Concord 3 Havant 1

Eastbourne 2 Maidstone 3 (await response from Shredding)

Ebbsfleet 1 Slough 2

St Albans 0 Braintree 1

Welling 1 Chippenham 0

Not sure how long Doswell will survive at Havant, perhaps they'll have a whip round and pay him the money he's owed.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Some surprise results in the NLS today.

Concord 3 Havant 1

Eastbourne 2 Maidstone 3 (await response from Shredding)

Ebbsfleet 1 Slough 2

St Albans 0 Braintree 1

Welling 1 Chippenham 0

Not sure how long Doswell will survive at Havant, perhaps they'll have a whip round and pay him the money he's owed.

And so RR, here is my response having got fairly cold at U 'As 1 Gosport Borough 1 this afternoon and coming home on my scooter..

Magnificent win for Rebels at Northfleet (Ebbsfleet by name but not by location) and winning the next two home games would put us on 10-7-10 with 13 games left. 

Jack Barham scored a hat-trick for Maidstone Unied in their 2-3 win at Concord Rangers.

As you know, I have opened a Topic for the potentially massive match on Saturday 12th March!

4 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

And so RR, here is my response having got fairly cold at U 'As 1 Gosport Borough 1 this afternoon and coming home on my scooter..

Magnificent win for Rebels at Northfleet (Ebbsfleet by name but not by location) and winning the next two home games would put us on 10-7-10 with 13 games left. 

Jack Barham scored a hat-trick for Maidstone Unied in their 2-3 win at Concord Rangers.

As you know, I have opened a Topic for the potentially massive match on Saturday 12th March!

First mistake Shredding, you should have gone on your bike to keep you warm unless your scooter was one of those that you push with one leg ?

Being pedantic it was a 3-2 win at Eastbourne ?