Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL PREDICTIONS 2014-2015

If my memory serves me well, the majority of our users predicted correctly that South Park would be champions along with Windsor being the 2 mostly tipped as favourites....but I stand corrected.

So who do we think will be CCL Premier champions this coming season ? 

I appreciate that the CCL constitution has yet to be finalised, but lthink most of us probably know what it will be, so I have started this thread in readyness once the constitution has been announced..

Those who wish to predict now, go for it......but theres no amendments allowed !!!!

It will be interesting what our 'pundits' think by nominating 2 teams, 'cos certainly it will be a hard season with lots of candidates pushing for that solitary position..

Its a bit of fun, so who will guess the correct team ?

Happy predictions ! :)

Nice to see you starting a thread NG, how about giving us your predictions first then seeing as that's the point of the thread, or will you be waiting to get a lead off other posters???

The end of next season is a long, long, long way off !

A lot can happen in half a season, never mind a whole season.

Nice to see you starting a thread NG, how about giving us your predictions first then seeing as that's the point of the thread, or will you be waiting to get a lead off other posters???

NG ?   learnt to type and sort your fingers out ! ;)

I'll go before you so you can copy me....no you go first, no you go first....silly little schoolboy ;)  

So what is it with you eh always got an axe to grind !...  read my comments... the CCL constitution has not been released yet as far as I know, when it is I will give my prediction.  I know its a bit difficult for you, but please try and give your prediction as well......we will all appreciate your input... now go eat your dinner before it gets cold....BYEEEEE  

NG ? learnt to type and sort your fingers out ! ;)

I'll go before you so you can copy me....no you go first, no you go first....silly little schoolboy ;)

So what is it with you eh always got an axe to grind !... read my comments... the CCL constitution has not been released yet as far as I know, when it is I will give my prediction. I know its a bit difficult for you, but please try and give your prediction as well......we will all appreciate your input... now go eat your dinner before it gets cold....BYEEEEE

Wow, what a sensible response NG. I have no axe to grind, I was just wondering why you would start a thread about predictions without giving any yourself?

Apologies if I touched a nerve, you don't normally respond to my posts anymore.

Ps, no 't' on learn!!!

Edited by Young Veteran

Wow, what a sensible response NG. I have no axe to grind, I was just wondering why you would start a thread about predictions without giving any yourself?

Ps, no 't' on learn!!!

Apologies accepted !   And yes you do have axes to grind !

No 'T' in learn...so pedantic !...I noticed you had to edit your post tho' , made a mistake did you ! :P

You love your sly sarcastic comments, well if it makes you chuckle enjoy, and thats the reason I can't be asked to answer you and waste my time...but on this occasion I'll let you enjoy this moment ;)   

I said when the CCL constitution is revealed, I'll gave you my answer about predictions providing you don't copy me...LOL !!!.  I started up the thread to start something new about the season ahead for a bit of fun as this forum and many other forums do...   

Take a leaf out of my book and don't bother replying 'cos I'm bored with you !   Have a good evening YV

As is usual B.G. asks the questions of others,so he can pick their brains,as Y.V. has clearly stated.So as far as I am concerned,until he names his selections,I will not be posting mine.

Forumites : Please I beg of you, on behalf of YV and Smudge please let me be the first to predict otherwise they will not play.....bless ! 

Ha ha do you and YV have a love nest  ;)   Yeah thats fine with me Smudge. I repeat what I said to YV when the CCL constitution has been released I will give my prediction, but you mustn't copy thats cheating....ha ha ha .   Gonna be a difficult choice this coming season I feel Smudge...will be very competitive.  Not sure if there will be any runaway leaders !

Proposed constitution subject to ratification at the AGM. Taken from http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/knaphillfootballclub/news/combined-counties-league-proposed-constitution-season-201415-1230727.html

Premier Division

Ashford Town (Middlesex) (relegated from Step 4)
Badshot Lea
Bedfont Sports
Camberley Town
Chertsey Town (relegated from Step 4)
Colliers Wood United
Cove
Epsom & Ewell
Eversley & California (promoted from Division 1)
Farnham Town
Frimley Green
Guildford City (relegated from Step 4)
Hanworth Villa
Hartley Wintney
Horley Town
Knaphill (promoted from Division 1)
Mole Valley SCR
Molesey
Raynes Park Vale
Spelthorne Sports (promoted from Division 1)
Westfield
Windsor

Division One

AFC Croydon Athletic
Alton Town (relegated from the Premier Division)
Ash United (relegated from the Premier Division)
Banstead Athletic
CB Hounslow United
Chessington & Hook United (relegated from the Premier Division)
Cobham
Dorking CIC
Epsom Athletic
Farleigh Rovers
Feltham
Sandhurst Town
Sheerwater
Staines Lammas
Worcester Park

Should Feltham be Bedfont & Feltham or are they changing their name again?

Edited by VPCTFC

Ps, no 't' on learn!!!

Apologies accepted ! And yes you do have axes to grind !

No 'T' in learn...so pedantic !...I noticed you had to edit your post tho' , made a mistake did you ! :P

You love your sly sarcastic comments, well if it makes you chuckle enjoy, and thats the reason I can't be asked to answer you and waste my time...but on this occasion I'll let you enjoy this moment ;)

I said when the CCL constitution is revealed, I'll gave you my answer about predictions providing you don't copy me...LOL !!!. I started up the thread to start something new about the season ahead for a bit of fun as this forum and many other forums do...

Take a leaf out of my book and don't bother replying 'cos I'm bored with you ! Have a good evening YV

I guess it's all about how you read it NG. Will you be visiting any grounds this coming season or posting the obvious based on TRS and FITB videos? (That's sarcasm).

The edit was to add space between our posts, I didn't want it to seem like my post was a continuation of yours, for obvious reasons.

My predictions

Prem

Ashford and Chertsey top two in any order

Div1

Ash, AFC Croydon and C & H in any order

PREM

Any of the new clubs from step 4 with Windsor fighting for top spot

DIV1

Ash

B & F

Croydon

PREM

There will be a dark horse trying Beechers Brook for the first time, if they are

in touch at the second time of asking, negotiate again, they could be in the mix.

They will be Spelbound if they succeed

F A CUP

While we are talking predictions what team will go the furthest in the F A Cup

I saw Hanworth Villa's exploits a few years ago, they beat teams from well above

their standings, the cash rewards are massive to small clubs

The Step 4 relegated clubs throw an interesting element into the mix as we are actually getting some for the first time in ages. 

Many will tip them to bounce back, although you have to ask why they finished at the bottom of their Leagues in the first place and we have often said on this forum how so many of our clubs could cope at a higher level. Now having said that, I fully expect one of the three relegated clubs to do a Whyteleafe and throw money at the problem in order to get back up to where they rightfully believe they belong. Whoever does that will be tough to beat.

Without that information at this stage I'm going to plump for Guildford City. They were unlucky to be placed out west last year and no one likes going to the Spectrum. Chertsey also traditionally challenge. They will in my opinion be the top two.

Of the teams in our Division last season it is difficult to look beyond Westfield. They may have changed manager, but their facilities are top notch and will find it easy to attract players as a result. Of course it is also impossible to ignore the season that Spelthorne had, so I will back those four clubs in that order with Camberley Town, Ashford Town and Hanworth Villa just behind them.

I can't comment on Epsom's chances as I heard some (unconfirmed) rumours last year although if they are true it will mean a season of rebuilding at High Road. Also, it would be silly throwing money we don't have at the challenge with so many other, dare I say it, bigger clubs in our midst this year. If I were making the financial decisions, I would say that now is the time to concentrate on survival instead of promotion.

At the wrong end of the table, Horley will have to improve and if they get money from Dorking and use it wisely, they should be able to do just that. Mole Valley and Colliers Wood must be concerned though, while Bedfont Sports will have to perform for more than two months in the season this time if they are to stay clear. I don't know enough about Knaphill or Eversley & C right now to pass opinion on their chances of survival. I think MV, CWD, BS and also Frimley Green will make up the bottom four, but in what order? Who can tell!

In Division One, C & H will not get back up. For years they have been too inconsistent and I just can't see them returning for some time as they never seem to have a regular team. I believe Alton and Ash have a much better chance of bouncing back with AFC Croydon Athletic completing the three going up, especially if they get back to Mayfields. Staines Lammas imploded at times last year as did Epsom Athletic, and as a result I have these sides just below the promoted clubs, but neither would surprise me if they pinched a top 3 spot.  

On that subject, if there are just 15 clubs, do we know if they are playing 28 games next season as 42 seems ambitious. I have also seen another constitution on the TK forum that advises Fleet Spurs and NPL (Surrey Elite) are joining. Any ideas?

South Kilburn have asked to rescind their resignation and that will be put to the clubs at the AGM on 22 June.

I am not aware that any other clubs will be joining us at Step 6, although I am still anticipating confirmation of the final situation from the FA.  We had a big meeting with the FA in February to emphasise our concerns with the reduced number of clubs at Step 6 and they acknowledged the problems but most of the Leagues around us have similar problems, which will be exacerbated in 12 months if the FA stick to their guns and insist upon all clubs at Step 6 adhering to Grade G.

I don't know the answer and I don't know what the three clubs at risk (Farleigh, Sheerwater and Worcester Park) will be able to do, if anything, to get to Grade G in 12 months time.  This will also apply to S Kilburn, if re-elected.  The FA have said they will consult with the clubs at risk but that hasn't happened yet.

Last season the clubs voted narrowly against the proposal to allow a maximum of two reserve sides from clubs playing at higher level to join our Division One, even given the additional proposal that they would not bar clubs from gaining promotion e.g.. if a Reserve side came third, then the club finishing 4th would still be able to go up, etc.

We have put that on the agenda again this time to see if views have changed as that might be the only way we can maintain a minimum number of clubs at Step 6 in the short term, even though none of us really fancy the idea.

Maybe the FA will consider allowing us to run a Step 6/7 Division in the future but that has not been put to them as yet.  I don't think that would find favour but it may be the only way of maintaining what we have.

If anyone has any constructive suggestions we will be pleased to hear them.  One way, of course, would be to reduce the numbers in the Premier Division to 20 to allow for two extra clubs in Div One but turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Maybe one or two of the clubs playing in our Step 7 feeder leagues will surprise us but if there are any, especially if they read this, that now is the time to start preparing and and putting in for planning permission, where appropriate, if they are to be in with a chance of promotion in 15-16.

A very interesting develoipment at such a late stage, Alan.

I won't comment further than that at the moment.

Clever move from Kikburn at the height of their antics saying their will resign and then when the dust has settled reverse their decision and probably escape punishment they deserve.

No committee, play out of a leisure centre and run by the biggest knob to ever grace non league football. For the sake of 2 extra games I hope the league see's sense and packs them back to the park league they belong