Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eversley planning consent

The following has been sent to Club Chairmen and Secretaries this morning.  It is self explanatory.

This is to advise all clubs of a change to the constitution of the League for next season.

Eversley & California FC advised the League on 25 June 2014 that the planning approval for their floodlights is restricted, in that they can only be used from 15 October to 1 April.  It seems that the Club initially thought that this restriction only applied for the first season in which they were erected but it is an ongoing condition.

The Management Committee concluded yesterday evening that the restricted use of the lights effectively means that the Club does not meet the grading requirements for the Premier Division, as a result of which they have been placed in Division One for the forthcoming season.

A proposal that Ash United FC should be reinstated in the Premier Division was defeated as a result of which, the Premier Division will run with 21 clubs this coming season, plus 16 in Division One.  Both decisions are, of course subject to appeal to the Football Association.

Eversley & California FC have already taken steps to obtain a variation to the planning consent and we wish them well in overcoming this problem in time for the following season.

Internal changes to the constitution after the AGM are permitted in accordance with regulation 5.5 of the Regulations for the Operation of the National League System.

This begs one question:

Who passed the ground in the first place? Surely this sort of thing could only have been passed after looking at the relevant paperwork, not just accepting someone at the club's word on it, especially for a club coming up a level.

Personally I think this decision is very harsh (based on the facts we have seen on here). It almost looks like the decision was taken to boost the numbers in Division One, a theory that gains momentum when Ash aren't reprieved. If of course there are other reasons then I am prepared to be corrected, but I haven't seen them here.

Very sad for E&C and harsh, I feel sorry for everyone that has put in the work to get them where they are and then to have people jumping ship too doesn't help.

Everyone complains about reprieves at the higher levels so maybe it's damned if you do and damned if you don't for the league. Another question would be why not promote Staines Lammas?

I'm sure there would have been ways around things for league matches but when you involve FA comps then I guess it's harder to show some leniency.

Is Smudge ever wrong? Such a shame for one of the best Clubs in CCL.Epsom can have the first Saturday 2nd August off.I bet the new Ash man aiding the committee is devastated,what a right kick in the teeth.If it was me,I would resign forthwith.NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE comes to mind.

i think the decision is a disgrace should the clubs not had a say?? but also by not giving ash a reprieve 

or better still promoting lammas it confirms next season only 1 team go up from div 1 so will make clubs think whats the point

I must say we discussed this amongst ourselves following the email from the league. It seems like a done deal, but it is strange that the Premier will now be an odd number and Division 1 even, a bit like the tail wagging the dog. With certain teams not having lights I would have thought dealing with odd numbers in Division 1 would be easier.

My view to our club was that I felt for Eversley and thought the league could have given them this season to try to turn the ruling on lights around. A deadline of 31st December, or maybe March 2015, with prior knowledge that failure resulted in relegation without appeal would at least have rewarded the promotion and given them half a chance to secure Premier status.  

Clubs have been given leeway in the past, ourselves included two seasons ago.

Also, lights are not used that much prior to October or after March, so the restrictions imposed could maybe have been allowed to stand just for the 2014-15 season.

Finally, if they are not being accepted into the Premier division, there is no doubt that there were only two relegation places for the league to allocate, so Ash must surely have grounds for a successful appeal. I am certain that most clubs put in that position would take the option, unless they did not want to. 

We are obviously not aware of all circumstances surrounding the case and this my personal opinion only.

Hope we've got a game on August 2nd anyway.

As I have said in previous posts,this shows that the League is only looking after their own interests.1 PROMOTION PLACE from Div 1 this year,will make the numbers up nicely to 22 next year,or maybe they will relegate none or 2 Teams,just to keep the numbers even.Lazurus can you confirm,the situation. If the above is not your plan,this means the CCL will forever run with 21 teams in the premier.

There has been a lot of talk on here regarding the future of Eversley Football Club, with a lot of positive comments being made.

I can officially confirm that Mark Thomas and Scott Tarr have left the football club as of Thursday 10th of July, including the entire squad that helped get the team promoted into the Prem.

I have heard that a very young group of coaches have been put in place by the committee to take the club forward for the following season with the average age being around the age of 25.

Exciting news for Eversley and it's great to see good young coaches being given a chance to develop there skills. I wish the players, coaches and management staff all the best for the coming year.

Pauls = 20,Sparky100 =22,Windsor will only play 20 homes games this year,so will lose £1000 of their projected revenue,Westfield likewise £800,its only money.Lets pray that no Step 4 club gets relegated next year to the CCL,ELSE THINGS COULD GET INTERESTING.

There has been a lot of talk on here regarding the future of Eversley Football Club, with a lot of positive comments being made.

I can officially confirm that Mark Thomas and Scott Tarr have left the football club as of Thursday 10th of July, including the entire squad that helped get the team promoted into the Prem.

I have heard that a very young group of coaches have been put in place by the committee to take the club forward for the following season with the average age being around the age of 25.

Exciting news for Eversley and it's great to see good young coaches being given a chance to develop there skills. I wish the players, coaches and management staff all the best for the coming year.

Thanks for that Maradona,WELCOME.

A couple of questions,will Eversley be submitting a New Planning Application.

Are the new Management team connected to California in anyway.

In regards to the planning application I'm sure it's something the club will be looking at in further detail sooner rather then later, however I think their main concern and focus over the weekend has been to secure a management team and players for the forthcoming season.

The management team as far as I'm aware have no previous connections with California, However they are a local group that have strong ties within the local community. This has proven fruitful already as the new management will be taken there first training session tonight with a new group of players and hopefully more to follow in the coming days.

A couple of high quality coaches coming in, at least one of which is local. The issue could be getting players. Relegation and promotion is interesting here. By leaving Ash in division one the previously mentioned change in numbers is halfway there. Led to believe that after next season (2015/2016) the premier will run with 20 teams. This would be achieved by only promoting one and relegating three, ground grading allowing of course. This was unfair on ambitious division one clubs. Now you can still have two promoted whilst relegating three so the job would be done. Not fair necessarily, but fairer than only one going up.

Just to confirm,the club committee has been liaising with the council since the issue was raised. Hopefully everything will be sorted by the end of August

If this is all sorted at your end by the end of August Daniel then it makes it all look farcicle as it means that with just a little leniency this could have all been dealt with amicably. Egg on faces maybe. Good luck.

Very interesting to read the situation going on with Eversley, but just curious in how they were promoted with only 57 seats as it says in Wikipidia and We (Horley) were demoted several years ago as we only had 92 seats and had to add a few to get promoted again, or is the information in Wikipedia wrong.