Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Food at non-league football matches

All, we need your help. We are looking at the kitchen at Kings Langley and want to know what you expect and want like to eat when you go to watch non league football.

Hot food - Burgers and hot dogs or pies and pasties?

Cold Food - Cheese and ham rolls or anything else?

Home made or shop bought?

Nescafé and PG Tips or happy shopper?

Would you pay £1.50 for a coffee if you could refill it?

We appreciate your help.

Thanks!

I would probably pay £1.50 anyway. Probably wouldn't refill as tend to only have one unless it is freezing.

Burgers decent sized or pasties for me. If sandwiches always think home made rolls are best.

Love a pie and bovril as well, one of the things my Dad insisted on when he took me football.

I always think the more different you do your food the more you sell. Always remember going to Bedworth and having Faggots,Mash, Mushy Peas and gravy. They sold loads!!

Decent burger. Fresh chips are always most welcome. Couple different type of rolls. Preferably all home made. £1.50 free refill coffee sounds great.

Coffee refills - Yes please.

Best of scoff award nomination 1 - Hoddesdon Town for the wide and exotic range in the tuck shop, and the glamorous calendar girls serving.

Best of scoff award nomination 2 - Arlesey Town (Firsts) - Fish finger sandwiches, amongst a range of wacky alternatives. I kid you not.

Best of scoff award nomination 3 - Cockfosters, Mrs B's coffee.

When I was really young I remember playing against a side called alpha arms from Slough in b&b they had two ex Swindon players but were in general a bunch of thugs. However after the game (which included several fights and me after scoring getting knocked out going up for a header minutes later centre half forearm smashed me) we went back to their little Irish pub and had a bloody good drink up with them (back in the day what happened on the pitch stayed there) and they laid on Irish stew with all the trimmings and great roast potatoes still best post match food in non league game I ever had

Definately a burger and a cuppa or Bovril for me...and a pie is always a nice alternative for a change. :cheeburga:

incidently if you have Bovril anywhere at any Sussex league grounds they always offer pepper to go in it...certainly spices it up!!!  

When I was really young I remember playing against a side called alpha arms from Slough in b&b they had two ex Swindon players but were in general a bunch of thugs. However after the game (which included several fights and me after scoring getting knocked out going up for a header minutes later centre half forearm smashed me) we went back to their little Irish pub and had a bloody good drink up with them (back in the day what happened on the pitch stayed there) and they laid on Irish stew with all the trimmings and great roast potatoes still best post match food in non league game I ever had

You score in every game you mention

Biggleswade Utd do Roast potatoes.

Do stuff that's classic but different. And local- not pukka pies- get a proper Hertfordshire one. Or speak to a local butcher and get them to make a 'Kings Langley Pie', keep the recipe secret, make it different and market it properly at games- people would love it- a ground hoppers dream.