Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tue 13th & Fri 16th Match Thread

Tuesday 13th October

Cherry Red Records Premier Challenge Cup 2nd Round

AFC Hayes v Raynes Park Vale

Ashford Town v Epsom Athletic

Badshot Lea v Spelthorne Sports

Banstead Athletic v Epsom & Ewell

Bedfont & Feltham v Colliers Wood United

Camberley Town v Eversley & California

Cove v Cobham

Dorking v Knaphill

Farnham Town v Abbey Rangers

Hanworth Villa v Chertsey Town

Hartley Wintney v Horley Town

Redhill v Sutton Common Rovers

Westfield v CB Hounslow United

Division 1

Frimley Green v Sandhurst Town

Friday 16th October

Division 1

South Park Reserves v Epsom Athletic

Some tasty looking games tonight.

Good luck to DFC in what looks like a toughie.

Westfield 1 - 0 CB Hounslow United

Wow !!!! I don't know what the pre match team talk was in the dressing room but it certainly worked.

I like to think I am honest with my reports and will report the good and the bad as I see it. Tonight Westfield were a different side to the one I have been watching of late and from no 1 to number 11 you boys can take a bow. As a spectator tonight you gave me everything I wanted to see, from the first whistle to the last....effort and commitment !

The last few games I have made judgement on the defence for their lack of effort, but tonight I thought they were very disciplined and kept a good shape and it is probably the first time the keeper has not had to save the day.  It was nice to see a team that wanted to play for each other and if they continue in that spirit there is only one way they will go. The game started with Westfield looking lively and after a warning shot in the first few minutes when they allowed Hounslow to get through on goal they stepped up to the plate. It was a far cry from Saturday when the team looked lethargic, as tonight they were full of life and chased every ball. If they lost the ball, they busted a gut to win it back and worked hard for the full 90 mins. It was difficult to pick a man of the match as they all worked hard and put a shift in. No 11 had a terrific game on the wing and No 8 stood out for me though only by a margin as the rest of the team gave their all. In the 38th minute Westfield got the break they deserved and scored a cracking goal. They had been threatening for some time and what a goal to make their mark, the scorer running onto a through ball and nearly bursting the back of the net with a first time strike from the 18 yard line. Hounslow were getting frustrated as Westfield snubbed out every attempt they made to play. In fairness Westfield do lack the venom in the last quarter of the pitch and but for a top striker they could have won the game by a much bigger margin. Having said that I will take nothing away from the boys tonight and was proud to say I support them. Onwards and upwards lads and keep it up !!!!!!!!

FULL 2nd Round Results

2nd Round

Dorking Wanderers Reserves 2-1 South Park Reserves
Westfield 1-0 CB Hounslow United
Bedfont & Feltham 1-5 Colliers Wood United
Dorking 0-3 Knaphill
Badshot Lea 2-4 Spelthorne Sports
Hanworth Villa 1-2 Chertsey Town (AET)
Ashford Town 2-1 Epsom Athletic
Hartley Wintney 4-2 Horley Town
Banstead Athletic 1-1 Epsom & Ewell (6-7 pens)
Sheerwater 3-3 Frimley Green (7-8 pens)
Farnham Town 3-2 Abbey Rangers
Camberley Town 4-2 Eversley & California
AFC Hayes 0-1 Raynes Park Vale
Redhill 3-0 Sutton Common Rovers
Worcester Park 1-5 Chessington & Hook
Cove 1-6 Cobham 

Over the bar. you obviously have not been to the last few games lol. I thought Westfield were superb tonight. They do lack quality in certain areas but the commitment was undeniable. Tonight they were talking to each other (something that has been lacking) and every player looked up for it. As I said but for a decent striker we could have scored many more but each player did their bit their own ability.

Sorry Jellybeen although I agree with you with regards to the effort put in a decent striker wouldn't make a lot of difference as with the exception of a few crosses from the left the service to the front players was non existent unless you count the attempted long punt over the top as quality ?? The side they beat tonight are Div 1 and most of the the time their defence were untroubled hence only one goal being scored !

Fair enough Overthebar, everyone sees the game in a different prospective. I agree that the service to the front players was limited but that is my point, we are lacking in front players ! a good hold up man and a striker would make a big difference to the squad. The no 8 did play some quality balls through to the front players tonight, some were snubbed out by defence and some were spurned as missed chances. If we had someone of quality that could do more with them we would be on a better run. Like I say, my comments are based on the last few previous performances, where in the main we have been really poor. I felt tonight was a vast improvement with commitment and attitude and we came out worthy winners.

Camberley 4-2 Eversley

2 late goals secured the holders passage through to the next round after Eversley had played 50 minutes with ten men, following the dismissal of Craig Smith just before half time. In fact Eversley equalised twice whilst down to ten through Cambo old boys Matt Griffiths & Brad Smith. As time was running out, Marcus Cousins swept home an inviting cross with probably his first touch before Coles gave the scoreline a flattering look in injury time.

Great to see Krooner who was sporting a pair of designer rose tinted specs. Johnno will no doubt be waiting with baited breath for the match highlights.

Always good to see you TRS.

Very impressed with most of what Eversley had to offer and removing my glasses they played a lot more football on the deck than either of the 2 sides I saw on Saturday :)

To be fair the sending off, which in my humble opinion was not a red card, galvanised Eversley and you do wonder if they had remained with 11 they may well have won.

Good Luck to them this season and if there are 3 better sides than them come the end of the season then Div 1 is very much alive and kicking !

Bedfont & Feltham 1-5 Wood - Report here - http://wibbandune.simplesite.com/417806039

Nice chatting to you from time to time yesterday Chris. I was the guy sat behind you in the stand.' Hi Chris, I'm Tango Man' may have drawn some odd looks so kept my identity secret :mellow:

Mind you I think there were only 4 of us in that stand :D

Decent game and you were deserved winners though Bedfont and Feltham kept trying and scored a lovely goal. Always enjoy visiting there as the welcome is warm, football is usually decent as are the cheeseburgers and as you say a good programme especially for £1 that puts some CCL Premier programmes to shame

Nice chatting to you from time to time yesterday Chris. I was the guy sat behind you in the stand.' Hi Chris, I'm Tango Man' may have drawn some odd looks so kept my identity secret :mellow:

Mind you I think there were only 4 of us in that stand :D

Decent game and you were deserved winners though Bedfont and Feltham kept trying and scored a lovely goal. Always enjoy visiting there as the welcome is warm, football is usually decent as are the cheeseburgers and as you say a good programme especially for £1 that puts some CCL Premier programmes to shame

Good to meet you too TM. Agree with B & F never throwing the towel in.Some decent players there, two of which I wish were with us!!!

Good, and much needed, result for us after 3 very close odd goal home defeats have knocked us back a bit and put some doubt in some minds. I, genuinely, look forward to a Saturday league game at The Orchard next season as long as the planes are landing and not taking off. Hope to chat again some time.

The match report from our narrow win at Banstead is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-19.html

Banstead have already said they don't like it, but frankly I could have been harsher about their tactics.

We have a number of players nursing injuries after last night's game, some appearing quite serious, but we'll have to see how they respond over the next day or two.

If that's what it takes to win the League Cup, they can have it.

The match report from our narrow win at Banstead is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-19.html

Banstead have already said they don't like it, but frankly I could have been harsher about their tactics.

We have a number of players nursing injuries after last night's game, some appearing quite serious, but we'll have to see how they respond over the next day or two.

If that's what it takes to win the League Cup, they can have it.

Your usual concise and comprehensive report, Rich.

It's very rare these days for the losing side to actually agree and commend the winning sides match report.