Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 0 Romford 1

urchinman1961

Well theres our wake up call Romford are our bogey side we were awful at best not one shot on target from both sides howler of a goal to concede oh well we lost the bragging rights long way to go yet just one of those nights

That hurt tonight - that's probably the worst we've played all season. We looked drained from the efforts on Saturday, particularly the midfield resulting in too many balls over the top.

Romford came for a draw and didn't look like scoring, not going to have a go at Sam as he's been excellent for us all season and he's entitled to make the odd mistake, trouble is that goalkeeping mistakes usually end up with a goal as it turned out to be tonight.

Credit to Romford? - No , not really. Well organised but that's about it. We made them look better than they actually were. A lot of bile and bitterness from the Romford fans tonight that were near us, they've got to let the past go and start to accept that Hornchurch aren't responsible for their predicament.

Mark this one off and move on.

Agree with Cup of Tea we are going to have one or two blips I wish it could have been against any other team but there you go Sam came off the field deflated but he has made great saves for us and we must not forget that onward and upwards

That hurt tonight - that's probably the worst we've played all season. We looked drained from the efforts on Saturday, particularly the midfield resulting in too many balls over the top.

Romford came for a draw and didn't look like scoring, not going to have a go at Sam as he's been excellent for us all season and he's entitled to make the odd mistake, trouble is that goalkeeping mistakes usually end up with a goal as it turned out to be tonight.

Credit to Romford? - No , not really. Well organised but that's about it. We made them look better than they actually were. A lot of bile and bitterness from the Romford fans tonight that were near us, they've got to let the past go and start to accept that Hornchurch aren't responsible for their predicament.

Mark this one off and move on.

Sorry but I never saw or heard any bile or bitterness tonight.. As for the match we beat a very poor Hornchurch side that never threatened, and we can feel slightly disappointed not to get a second goal in the last fifteen minutes. 

I heard Havering Council being mentioned. I heard the apparent overspending on players being mentioned etc... Not making it up Alan, why would I?

Congratulations on the win.

The "overspending on players" was mentioned once or twice, but there was certainly never any nastiness from our supporters.

Getting back to the match,our players were set up to play a certain way and stuck to it perfectly, and all Hornchurch had to offer was long ball stuff which made it reasonable easy for us.  

Not the best of performances agreed, but lets keep positive. We are still one of the top teams in this league and will be in the shake up at the end of the season. Romford defended very well and frustrated us. Sam has been outstanding this year and will gain us a lot more points in the hard season ahead. COYU :)

The "overspending on players" was mentioned once or twice, but there was certainly never any nastiness from our supporters.

Getting back to the match,our players were set up to play a certain way and stuck to it perfectly, and all Hornchurch had to offer was long ball stuff which made it reasonable easy for us.

Hmmm - agree to disagree again. With regards to the game, not disagreeing with that but contrary to popular belief we have got a relatively small squad and giving 100% effort in an fa cup game playing a team 3 divisions higher in the league 3 days ago stretched us. Had we been given more time to prepare Romford would have been chased down all over the pitch as Cray will testify to

Missed the game due to work

No doubt that on our day we are one of the best sides in this league,so romford must be cheating their fans and themselves if they can do the double over us.

Well done to them but it reminds me somewhat of Arsenal v Spurs when Arsenal were winning titles every. Purple of years,we would play Spurs and expect to batter them but more often than not it would be alot closer than expected and I always thought then that of a group of players can get themselves up for a match like that then why not the rest of the season

I saw the second half of the away game and thought romford looked half decent and certainly surprised me that a few days earlier they had let 6 in at Sudbury so why do teams like them do that.

I guess that some of our players just don't realise that to some of us hornchurch v romford is our Arsenal v Spurs,not many of us granted as some weren't around to remember certain things but it's a Derby and I was gutted when hearing the score while driving round the M25 FFS

I didn't even know it was on..... You almost sound magnanimous at one point there

but no, you revert to type....would have so loved to have seen your boat when

the score came in. :P

Spoke to Dibs about having a light ale one Sunday afternoon soon - if work allows.

Ship, Gidea Park is okay on a Sunday - anywhere but that dump you frequent at

Upminster station....

Nice to see some 'friendly' banter brtween two clubs that have been at each others throats in the past.

Come back Uncle U  -  All is forgiven ??

:bolt:

Nice to see some 'friendly' banter brtween two clubs that have been at each others throats in the past.

Come back Uncle U  -  All is forgiven ??

:bolt:

I think most people would agree that Romford are possibly the most loved club in non league football, and we have the nicest fans.