Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion to Step 4 Applications

Disagree on the ambition Col. I don't think there is a club in this division aiming as high as we are for the longer term.......we are just doing things in a different order so promotion was never the priority this season.

Rather astute as ever.

I remember several years ago, Hertford were promoted from the Ryman Div 2 after finishing 7th or 8th (due to other clubs having the same problems discussed above). They won 1 game the next season and went straight back down. Probably set them back a bit in terms of fan base, thus money, thus players.

No point going up unless you're ready and sure you can stay there. Most people would rather see their team compete in step 5 than finishing bottom at step 4.

From the outside though, Hertford certainly seem to be a club going in the right direction.

So chin up Big Dog.

I suspect the reason Hoddesdon & London Colney have applied is they have very good players who are getting attention at higher level. So try and keep them at least until the end of the transfer window they apply to show they have the ambition to do so if not necessarily the resource or ability due to things out of their control

Spot on patemondo.

As I understand it there (were) are proposals for the Cricket Club to move to a new ground - but I've not heard anything recently, so I wonder if Jonno can update us?

As has already been stated on this thread, the club wouldn't apply for promotion if it wasn't a realistic option and there was no plan in place. I am not really at liberty to discuss this further but the chairman is always available and his contact details are in the handbook. That's all I can really say

As has already been stated on this thread, the club wouldn't apply for promotion if it wasn't a realistic option and there was no plan in place. I am not really at liberty to discuss this further but the chairman is always available and his contact details are in the handbook. That's all I can really say

Jonno. I understand what you're saying - but I wasn't asking what plans are in place - what I was asking whether the Cricket Club move to a new ground (being built by a developer on a new estate?) was still likely to happen?

Jonno. I understand what you're saying - but I wasn't asking what plans are in place - what I was asking whether the Cricket Club move to a new ground (being built by a developer on a new estate?) was still likely to happen?

Answer will still be "ask the Chairman"

I hear you Whitley Bay but OD is correct. I'm not in a position to comment. I resigned from the committee last season so it would be wrong of me to discuss.

• 3 weeks later...

AFC Dunstable

Berkhamsted FC

Hertford Town FC

Hoddesdon Town FC

London Colney FC

Confirmed by The FA today.

Is this still the case..i'm hearing a 6th club have applied...

• 2 weeks later...

Is it  true  that Hoddesdons application to be promoted  should  they win the  league has

been met with  a negative  response from FA ground grading officals due  to lack of  parking 

amongst  other  reasons?

Given previous responses about Hoddesdon and their application, I'm guessing you'll be referred to their Chairman!!