Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion to Step 4 Applications

Probably is to the people asking.

And I can't imagine Mr Chairman being too open to explaining the plan, or lack of, to "strangers".

The main sticking point seems to be that

Hoddy have about 2 months to build some outdoor toilets, 1/4 mile of 8ft fence or wall and a car park. All seems a bit impossible given the location and time frame. Ground sharing is also out of the question by the current rules.

So the only the only way around I can see is some sort of special dispensation from the FA. And when there're more leagues going into step 4 than places, can't see them doing that either.

Personally, I still can't see past London Colney for Champions. A lot more depth there than Hoddy, which'll really start to tell in the tues/sat/tues/sat 2nd half of the season

Only problem is, they're in the same boat in terms of their ground.

Silly that it even comes to it really. Unless a club inherits a decent ground, or finds themselves a sugar daddy, they won't have much chance of progressing.

Would be nice if the FA could make it about the football. Stop giving Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchesters the relative small change of 2million for winning the FA Cup and start helping ambitious clubs improve facilities at the grassroots where it can really make a difference.

This is why I don't bother answering the question..clearly according to the above we have no plan & no time if we did.

End of discussion..

The post you refer to is not a question but a statement.

However when I 'asked' what the current state of play was in relation to the proposal (first mooted two or three years ago) for the Cricket Club to move to a new, purpose-built ground, nobody would answer.

Will you?

The post you refer to is not a question but a statement.

However when I 'asked' what the current state of play was in relation to the proposal (first mooted two or three years ago) for the Cricket Club to move to a new, purpose-built ground, nobody would answer.

Will you?

Nah.. 

Cricket club are not moving any time soon. When Hertford played Hoddy on 28th Dec their committee said they were waiting on planning permission for works needed to be complete by end March. They have contractors lined up and as long as they get go ahead by 28th Feb they can get it done on time.

Probably is to the people asking.

And I can't imagine Mr Chairman being too open to explaining the plan, or lack of, to "strangers".

The main sticking point seems to be that

Hoddy have about 2 months to build some outdoor toilets, 1/4 mile of 8ft fence or wall and a car park. All seems a bit impossible given the location and time frame. Ground sharing is also out of the question by the current rules..

I think the reason people aren't responding is due to the inaccuracies and general ignorance in the comments. People are guessing and unfortunately getting a lot wrong.

For example, Hoddesdon have had outside toilets since 1975. But why let that get in the way of a good story?

Cricket club are not moving any time soon. When Hertford played Hoddy on 28th Dec their committee said they were waiting on planning permission for works needed to be complete by end March. They have contractors lined up and as long as they get go ahead by 28th Feb they can get it done on time.

Hoddesdon have no planning application pending  with Broxbourne  council,

Oh dear. That's that then. Hoddesdon can't go up. Might as well lock the thread.

Let's not forget, Hoddesdon have to actually win the league first too. I'm still thinking London Colney and AFC are favourites

I think the reason people aren't responding is due to the inaccuracies and general ignorance in the comments. People are guessing and unfortunately getting a lot wrong.

For example, Hoddesdon have had outside toilets since 1975. But why let that get in the way of a good story?

That maybe true but they really get the hump when anyone attempts to use the wicket as a depository on matchdays . . . 

Let's not forget, Hoddesdon have to actually win the league first too. I'm still thinking London Colney and AFC are favourites

Agree. Edited by Savagebee

Perhaps people are "guessing" because any questions are met with the nicely tied bow of "ask the chairman" and an unresponsive chairman.

And the best guest based on what the eyes see, is that Hoddesdon can't meet the very public ground grading demands for step 4 in the very publically stated timeframe.

As I've said more than once, I really hope there is some secret master plan. I'd hate to see them win it and be denied for non-footballing matters.

But as you've alluded to, there's still a lot of football to play that may yet make it all irrelevant.

Hoddesdon have no planning application pending with Broxbourne council,

I'm just gonna leave this here....

http://m.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Hoddesdon-Town-FC-wins-approval-Lowfield-overhaul/story-28609968-detail/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And you wonder why we won't make comments on here

Great news!

It's good to finally know that it's at least being thought about. Though seems very 11th hour.

Still doesn't really answer the car park problem though. Will the FA be making allowances?

They've made a bit of a rod for their own back by letting previous teams up on the understanding that they're at least making an effort to improve. So rejecting Hoddy would look a bit silly now if the majority of the work is done very soon.

Because it's more amusing to let people hang themselves. Too much to say about things they know nothing about.