Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Canvey Island - Match Fred

Tally Ho

Great result !!

Well done everyone, just what we needed. Quite a week for the Town, two excellent home league wins and six points to keep us moving up the table. That's four straight wins on the bounce. Be very interested to hear other Towner's thoughts on todays match. Was our 2-1 win as close as it sounds, or were we in control of the second half?

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Lewes on Tuesday evening. Bit like a local game for me. Will be there to give our lads some vocal support.

Good win against a competitive yet dirty Canvey side. Great going forward, should have been 4-1 at half time but I was happy enough with 2 goals from Tyler, the second being from an absolutely sublime move. Should have had more in the second half but their keeper had a very good second 45. I thought that Tyler was unfortunate to not get MOTM but they all played well today. Finally, we looked better at the back with Doyley replacing Parcel at right back.

Roll on Tuesday !

Top performance today. Work rate from every player was fantastic. I agree that Tyler was excellent - He ran Harry very close to MOTM. Harry's touch to set 2nd goal along with movement from Tyler was brilliant.

Canvey had numerous player's booked of which none seemed harsh decisions...

Canvey keeper Connor Gough was their best player by far which tells a story.

Poor show from Canvey fans today... I reckon they had between 10 to 20 supporters at Donkey Lane... think they have all been Xmas shopping?

I really do think with Ottaway, Devyne, Campbell and Whitely on form up front along with others and a steady back four we have a real chance to push on in the 2nd half of season.... no reason why we can't push for play offs..

In Brad we trust!

Excellent team performance.

Second Town goal worth the entry money alone. Great movement for a "team" goal.

Not sure how The Islanders kept 11 on the pitch, some poor fouls, not good.

Connor, an Enfield man, was their man of the match with some good saves.

9 points on bounce, roll on Tuesday, but it will not be an easy game.

Well played Town.

Great stuff! Going to be 37 degrees centigrade here to day to match Town's hot streak of late!

Good run going backed by a re energised group and the ball is rolling favourably for us too.

Have no delusions we are missing Gabriel and Lockie, as said before we also need a domineering boss of a centre half to compliment Claudio And Nathan Mc.

We also need a ball comfortable experienced CM player.

Get all the above in place and I kid you not (as I hide under the dining table) I fancy us not only for play offs but to win the league with half the season remaining and little in it

Great result yesterday. Good come back in the first half and really could have gone in more than 2-1 up. In the second half we didn't take our chances and I was worried Canvey would get a late equaliser but the team held firm and we are on a very good run now. Well done Brad for turning things around. I also feel we are missing a centre half and cover for Gabriel.

Always nice to beat teams such as Canvey.And we easily deserved the win..Were they Billericay in disguise? :angry:

Ref wasn't perfect,but he continued giving all the numerous fouls and kept ignoring the moans.Which meant that we could still play our own game..Would have been a different story with a weaker ref or on a poorer surface.