Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St. ALBANS.

St Albans submitted a letter to the league last week and the subject of it's content was discussed at the Management Committee Meeting last Thursday - the outcome will be published in the minutes that should be with all clubs with 48 hours

St Albans not particularly complimentary about SSML

http://www.stalbanscityfc.com/club-statement-3/

Big time Charlie`s who can`t handle grass roots football.

We played them first game of the season and the impression we got from their management and hierarchy was that they felt their playing squad was at least div 1, if not Prem, quality and that they thought they would walk the league. I think the battering they got in the second game of the season brought them down to earth a bit.

I hated playing in Div 2, had a season with Wodson but the grounds and travelling was pretty crap.  Went back to St Mags as would rather play in the reserve league (which was pretty much my level at that point ;) )

When the going gets tough eh!

:-) What did St Albans City FC expect the SSML Division 2 to be like they should have done their research.

A great ground though and it must have been every clubs fave away game this season :-)

Edited by Savagebee

I have just heard that St Albans have confirmed their resignation from the Spartan South Midlands League (SSML) with immediate effect.

Comments anyone ??

Edited by Big J R

Club statement taken from 'elsewhere' !

"The club can confirm its resignation form the Spartan South Midlands League (SSML) with immediate effect.

Speaking earlier this morning Director of Football, Adam Lee, explained the reasoning in more detail:

Our initial entry into the SSML was in the hope that we would be granted permission to play in Division 1. As a new entrant, we were placed in Division 2 and our expectations for young player development were not met.

Some of the boys being sixteen need protecting along the way with their development. Poor pitches, other than our own, and the fact that so many away games are regularly cancelled left us invariably void of fixtures and even a league cup game had been called off six times since the end of October.

It is our intention to help further develop our crop of good young players by finding a couple of local clubs for them to integrate into whilst retaining their registrations and identity with St Albans City FC for the remainder of the 15/16 campaign. The younger players will all continue to be eligible to play in our U18 Eastern Junior Alliance side on Sundays."

They were obviously collecting money to pay a fine by charging Nine pounds for a herts senior cup game against Hadley last week!!

Thats a joke but they are a club known for charging supporters high admision prices to watch their home games.

Yes i remember that and a hell of a lot of people were not happy about it.

I'm not sure what protection of their young players they're looking for. Tough pitches and solid impassioned opposition are a great testing ground for young players, they will get little time on the ball and they will have to sort their first touch out, plus they'll appreciate the facilities or changing rooms and hospitality so much more when your used to huddling around one shower spitting out Luke warm water. If they come through and make the step up. On a nice flat pitch with more time on the ball they will be worldies.