Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

6th-9th September Midweek Thread

Chris Clapham

Tuesday 6th September

Cherry Red Records Premier Challenge Cup 1st Round

CB Hounslow v Farnham Town

Cobham v Bagshot

Epsom & Ewell v Abbey Rangers

Knaphill v Camberley Town

Westfield v North Greenford United

Premier Division

Badshot Lea v Colliers Wood Utd

Hartley Wintney v AFC Hayes

Spelthorne Sports v Windsor

Division 1

Chessington & Hook Utd v Banstead Athletic

Frimley Green v Cove

Wednesday 7th September

Redhill v Bedfont & Feltham (at Bedfont & Feltham FC) Premier Division

Guildford City v Chertsey Town

Division 1

Epsom Athletic v Ash United

Friday 9th September

F.A. Vase - 1st Qualifying Round

Badshot Lea v Farnham Town

Redhill v Bedfont & Feltham (at Bedfont & Feltham FC)

Apologies for possible absence, have a late job to do so may have to give it a miss. 

Lets hope the squad is up to full strength for this one.

Knaphill 0 - 2 Camberley Town. A much better performance from Camberley tonight. They kept the pressure on throughout the match and denied Knaphill much in the way of an opportunity on goal.

The only downsides to the game was a Knaphill player getting a facial injury and I hope he is ok. He did leave the field under his own steam but looked a bit dazed and confused and we wish him well. Secondly the disaster of a referee who should have just kept his yellow card in his hand to save wearing his pocket out. He was handing out yellows like sweeties and totally lost control of what he was doing. Every time a tackle was made he reached for a card. I think he must have had his pencil sharpened at both ends. Shame because it stopped the flow of what was not a bad game and possibly worthy of a couple of bookings all night. Lovely ground and facilities at Knaphill and hospitable staff.

From the non league forum

Hartley Wintney 6-2 AFC Hayes 
Combined Counties Premier Dvision

"Within the first ten minutes both sides managed two good chances, Hartley scoring one of them. No surprise when they added a second midway through the half, but it didn't take long for the visitors to pull one back. For a while it was fairly even, but following a third goal for the hosts on 67 minutes the game became rather one sided. Plenty of chances wasted in addition to the three more scored. A late free kick which hit the underside of the bar and into the net off the back of the keepers head an injury time consolation. Some decent football played at times. 

As a regular visitor here over the years, no noticeable changes to the ground, which is still well kept. However, plenty of development at the school next door".  :ph34r: 

CB Hounslow Utd 3 Farnham Town 4 League Cup

Smashing game, end to end some good fast skilful players on view spoilt only by a tirade of abuse from someone on the CB bench towards the ref in the 2nd half. Ironic there's an article in the programme about respect etc. I know it's a passionate game but it is only a game and no need for it at all. I'm not just talking normal voiced swearing but loud heard across the pitch abuse

At least the burger was nice as well

Wednesday 2nd Half Latest

Redhill (Halsey, Kedze pen) 2-0 Bedfont & Feltham 

Premier Division

Guildford City (Glass, Coles) 2-0 Chertsey Town 

Division 1

Epsom Athletic 0-1 Ash United (pen) 

Wednesday Results

Redhill (Halsey, Kedze pen, Marks, Tawbme) 4-0 Bedfont & Feltham

Premier Division

Guildford City (Glass 2, Coles 2, Thompson, Wickenden) 6-1 Chertsey Town (Akiotu)

Division 1

Epsom Athletic 0-1 Ash United (pen) 

What a game at Bedfont and Feltham! 

What a contrast to last Saturdays game, quick smart passing, excellent crossing and powerful runs from the team, should have been 4 up in the first half alone......we even had our obligatory strike on the underside of the cross bar! On 20 minutes when the first goal went in one of the defenders said to his keeper "never going to score against this lot" and so it was to be......of all the goals the last volley from a cross into the edge of the box was absolute quality, I thought did I just see that? WOW!

Not many pictures today so I missed the backflip!

The trip went well Sat Nav did its job, nice large carpark next to clubhouse, Helpful guy on the gate who pointed to catering, lady serving called me sir and hand a Burger in hand in seconds, very nice it was too!

Even before the game started I was thinking that if ever I'm stuck for a game to go too then this is a set up I could feel at home at.

and if the game's rubbish you can always watch the planes ! Always a friendly welcome at The Orchard for both Bedfont and Feltham and CB Hounslow games and the burgers are tasty

Don't let the Ash result fool you. Looked very poor still as they have done all season. Can see them getting picked open very easily on Saturday in the vase.

Ash are not fooling anyone apart from you if you think we have been poor all season ;)

Hmmm think the league record is somthing to go by From what I've heard a good performance today but again couldn't kill off a side second from bottom in their respective division.

This league is wide open with every team dropping points each week, unfortunately we can't win them all other wise we would be playing champions league on a Tuesday night not Div One Cup. I hear what you are saying GKGaffer, however a wise man once told me its about winning a football match not killing teams off.

Second qualification round here we come #oneteam #onedream #ashunitedfc

Hmmm think the league record is somthing to go by ? From what I've heard a good performance today but again couldn't kill off a side second from bottom in their respective division.

Yep i agree it was a good performance in the end against a physical side. We did ride our luck but by the end we was in control & always looked like we was going to be the winners

I also want to give credit where credit due as after last weeks low & rant, players & managerment seemed to have taken on board & addressed the situation which can only be a plus for the side. I've been involved with ccl football to know you have bad times & good but last week was as low as you can get & supporting a side for 30yrs+ i just couldn't let them think it was acceptable. So all credit to everyone involved as its those people who have turned it around in a week not just to bring pride to themselves but as a club which this is all about...THE CLUB....as the club will hopefully be there when im gone

Archived