Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lowestoft Town v Enfield Town

littlehampton

To be honest our season died a quiet death a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately we seem to have plateaued as a solid mid-table Ryman Premier side. Don't get me wrong, I prefer that to fighting for survival at the foot of the table, but surely we're bigger and better than that?

Brad has a side which on it's day can beat anyone in the league. Its also a side which hasn't been completely out-classed in any league game this season. There is just a lack of consistency and a couple of missing ingredients. The question now is: how do we go about progressing? Is Brad able to take us to the next level? Steve Newing got the chop 4 years ago when it became clear that he'd taken us as far as he could. Are the board content with our current position and the consolidation rather than progress? Is Brad confident he can put something special together next season?

Like everyone else I'm very frustrated by the inability of this team to realise it's potential.

To be honest our season died a quiet death a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately we seem to have plateaued as a solid mid-table Ryman Premier side. Don't get me wrong, I prefer that to fighting for survival at the foot of the table, but surely we're bigger and better than that?

Brad has a side which on it's day can beat anyone in the league. Its also a side which hasn't been completely out-classed in any league game this season. There is just a lack of consistency and a couple of missing ingredients. The question now is: how do we go about progressing? Is Brad able to take us to the next level? Steve Newing got the chop 4 years ago when it became clear that he'd taken us as far as he could. Are the board content with our current position and the consolidation rather than progress? Is Brad confident he can put something special together next season?

Like everyone else I'm very frustrated by the inability of this team to realise it's potential.

We are also a team which can be beaten by any other team in the league. Yes, we have beaten teams above us, or put in performances which show we have potential, but we have also put in quite a few poor performances. We are in the results business and compared to those above us, we are lagging behind.

Over the last few seasons we have never been able to reply on a settled starting 11 and/or a settled formation..Too many changes in personnel.To many players coming and going quickly.Most making little or no impact on the team.That inconsistency in player turnover/settled style of play/formation in play, is reflected by inconsistencies in performance and results.

I would personally give the management team one more season in order to see if we can actually start a season well (for once) and then a minimum of  top-five by the end of the season.

Edited by lovely stuff

We are also a team which can be beaten by any other team in the league. Yes, we have beaten teams above us, or put in performances which show we have potential, but we have also put in quite a few poor performances. We are in the results business and compared to those above us, we are lagging behind.

I agree

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It's been disappointing so far because we are being constantly told by some that we have the best squad in the division, have the best up and coming manager in the division, and play the best football in the division. So excuse me for asking, but how come we are not at the top of the division?

There must be a reason. Damned if I know. Probably because the three statements are not in fact correct.

"Brad has to change or go... we have never had a plan B so when plan A fails we are buggered.....its lovely to watch ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK football but when faced with a well disciplined defence we are clueless....."

To state Brad has to change or go is very very harsh in my opinion. In my opinion we have one of the best managers at this level of football who is still learning and developing. Give him time and good things will come... chopping and changing managers doesn't work... stability is the key.

"Brad has to change or go... we have never had a plan B so when plan A fails we are buggered.....its lovely to watch ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK football but when faced with a well disciplined defence we are clueless....."

To state Brad has to change or go is very very harsh in my opinion. In my opinion we have one of the best managers at this level of football who is still learning and developing. Give him time and good things will come... chopping and changing managers doesn't work... stability is the key.

I'm happy if that stability leads to promotion and consolidation in National South. Do the Club/does Brad have a plan? He's been in the management business for a couple of years now. Is he now saying "Within 3 years we'll be a solid National South side". Or is he simply playing things by ear at the start of each season and saying 'let's see what happens'? Does Brad have ambitions to manage higher up the pyramid, or would his life away from football not allow this? All questions only Brad can answer, I guess....unless the board have particular ambitions.

Considering that we haven't had a first hand account of anyone who went yesterday, aren't we jumping the gun a little bit here ? I've openly criticised Brad in the past but this is the first time that I've noticed a ground swell of opinion against him. Tuesday should be interesting with 'ricay on the up.

It's been disappointing so far because we are being constantly told by some that we have the best squad in the division, have the best up and coming manager in the division, and play the best football in the division. So excuse me for asking, but how come we are not at the top of the division?

There must be a reason. Damned if I know. Probably because the three statements are not in fact correct.

I totally agree, to much 'fake news'.

Not sure why Brad is considered one of the best young managers or the new Danny Cowley either. Can someone tell me what that is based of off ?

Seems to be a couple of ETFC 'supporters' that have recently joined this forum who are the most critical of the manager..A long as they are genuine fans and not just people who are close to current/former players who feel their man has have not had a fair crack of the whip from Brad?? Or certain fans who would like to destabilise our board signing in under a new username?.If they are genuine thoughts by genuine fans who have no hidden agenda,then i respect their viewpoint.

Lovely stuff well said.

I repeat what i have said on the forum,if these new guys have a problem with the manager then speak to him.

Yesterday we were very good in the first half and not very good in the second but nobody can legislate For a lucky wind assisted winner like they got.

We go again Tuesday against the big time Charlie's

Interesting way of trying to shut down debate and conversion. A forum where people are not welcome to their say. Especially if your a 'new guy'

I don't have a problem with brad but i can't talk for anyone else. I just think he could of done better this season. It doesn't mean there has to be an hidden agenda. Other people will think his done a great job. That's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just like to know how people form their opinions. Nothing wrong with that ? Or is there ?